Windows 10: BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed

Discus and support BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So as the title suggests...I have issues downloading GTA 5 since my PC always gives me a BSOD 2 minutes into downloading or when using speedtest on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RipUsername618, Jan 16, 2020.

1. BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed

So as the title suggests...I have issues downloading GTA 5 since my PC always gives me a BSOD 2 minutes into downloading or when using speedtest on Google Chrome...

The bluescreen says:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

and the cause of the error is the file : "fwuac430mu.sys" (which is the driver of my network card/Wi-Fi stick)

I tried re-installing but that didnt help and whenever I get the BSOD it's stuck at 0% and doesnt do anything from there on...

Any advices?

submitted by /u/RipUsername618
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RipUsername618, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Warrgarbl Win User

Wi-Fi losing connection on large downloads

I have a laptop here which loses it's Wi-Fi connection during long downloads. Pinging for hours on end is no problem, but as soon as I try to download something large Windows claims that I have no internet access and it can't reach the gateway anymore.

The adapter is configured via DHCP and the lease is correct and remains through the connection loss. Replacing the Wi-Fi adapter, the motherboard or the inbuilt antennas does nothing, as does using a fresh Windows install on a test HDD.

I am quite at a loss here. Do you guys have any idea what other cause this could have?

Warrgarbl, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Reported Wi-Fi speed wrong

I have an FTTC Internet connection connected to a Plusnet Router 2704N. This bottlenecks my LAN and WLAN speeds to 100 Mbps and my WAN speed to 80/20.

When my PC is connected via LAN / Ethernet:

1. Windows reports that I have a 100 Mbps connection.

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed 0imM7.png

2. Speedtest.net reports download speed of ~60 Mbps and upload speed of ~15 Mbps upload.

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed WAIFI.png

However, when my PC is connected via WLAN / Wi-Fi:

1. Windows reports that I have a 130 Mbps connection.

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed LuVPY.png

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed AwiO0.png

2. Copying a single large file from the LAN via the WLAN to my PC transfers at ~2.2 MBps (~16 Mbps).

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed LhJZV.png

3. Speedtest.net reports download and upload speeds of ~13 Mbps.

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed K8bJU.png

So, why is Windows reporting the network connection speed correctly for LAN / Ethernet but incorrectly for WLAN / Wi-Fi? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

mythofechelon, Jan 16, 2020
  4. BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed

1. BSOD while downloading large files/testing Wi-Fi speed - Similar Threads - BSOD while downloading

2. Slow Wi-Fi Download Speed On Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi Download Speed On Windows 11 22H2: Well, this is a bit frustrating to say the least, but I have to get this off my chest anyway. :/ Has anyone else out there been experiencing really slow internet download speeds either via Wi-Fi or ethernet? For me, the issue is purely with the Wi-Fi since I don't have an...
  3. Slow Wi-Fi Download Speed On Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi Download Speed On Windows 11 22H2: Well, this is a bit frustrating to say the least, but I have to get this off my chest anyway. :/ Has anyone else out there been experiencing really slow internet download speeds either via Wi-Fi or ethernet? For me, the issue is purely with the Wi-Fi since I don't have an...
  4. BSOD while downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while downloading large files: I seem to have a small problem i get BSOD everytime i download games from steam with message error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe any help much appreciatedLink to my minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqmyNoP8SwYQgiigriROZtNKjCVU?e=t9jnxw...
  5. BSOD while downloading large files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while downloading large files: I seem to have a small problem i get BSOD everytime i download games from steam with message error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe any help much appreciatedLink to my minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqmyNoP8SwYQgiigriROZtNKjCVU?e=t9jnxw...
  6. Wi fi drops when download speed hits 10 mb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi fi drops when download speed hits 10 mb: I noticed every time I tried to download something large like a game, exactly when the download speed went up to 10mb/s, my download speed would go down to near zero then started going back up after a minute only to go down againsometimes the wifi just straight dropped , when...
  7. Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.: Hello! I have been searching for answers to this for a long time. After recently upgrading my USB Wifi adapter (which I had assumed was the issue) the issue persisted. I am not tech-savvy, and I do not know what to do anymore. When I do a test through my internet service...
  8. Application to test the Wi-Fi performance

Application to test the Wi-Fi performance: I am using the generic WiFi tool, to check WiFi performance For the next 5 days. The deluxe version, of checking WiFi performance "Is Free" Could someone give me all the details: Where to get it. Microsoft Store? I'll be watching for your reply . . . Jerry...
  9. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  10. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bsod when downloading large files