Windows 10: BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps

Discus and support BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my computer has been blue screening after I open up a video game and try to play it. This happens within the first 5 or so minutes of playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrodyPrice, Jun 30, 2020.

1. BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps

Recently, my computer has been blue screening after I open up a video game and try to play it. This happens within the first 5 or so minutes of playing the game. I have reset my computer to the factory state and I have uninstalled windows then reinstalled the latest version of it. I scanned for corrupted files and I updated my drivers to the latest versions. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this.

The blue screen has always been Critical Process Died and I have used the windows debugger twice and it says that the process names were svchost.exe and csrss.exe. Since I have wiped my computer multiple times, I believe it is a hardware problem but I am unsure. I also ran Memtest for about an hour and found 0 errors.

My computer Specs:

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core

Hard Drive: ADATA SU800NS38

MotherBoard: Biostar X370GT5

I used Driver View and I copied the report to OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmJNYCV9UQjYgyWV98mft9u2UBjf?e=xX6H2Z

If there is any information missing that is needed to know to fix this problem let me know as I am fairly new to all of this.

:)

BrodyPrice, Jun 30, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2020
  3. dtex Win User
    BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

4. SpankyZA Win User

BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

Hi gents,

I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues.

Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a software assumption. I decided to reinstall Windows10 since I had never had a clean (only upgraded) Windows 10 install - PROBLEM SOLVED. Or so I thought. The problem has now resurfaced ~2 Months later and I have no idea what the issue is.

• When does it happen? > While gaming
    • Result - BSOD of various description but most recently it seems to be wdf01000.sys related:
      • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
      • IRQL not less or equal
      • Many others I can't recall

I have run the forum's BSOD data collection app and attached the result which was generated when running Driver Verifier.

I will try get more dumps as a result of gameplay and upload.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

A frustrated gamer,

SpankyZA, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps

1. BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps - Similar Threads - BSOD While Gaming

2. BSOD on gaming but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on gaming but not others: Hi,I have been getting BSOD on CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming, and no issue during other times. and no issue during stress testhad tried to install the whole OS, but problem still persistswould really need help with it. and finally gotten some dumps.help is appreciated11:...
  3. BSOD on gaming but not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on gaming but not others: Hi,I have been getting BSOD on CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming, and no issue during other times. and no issue during stress testhad tried to install the whole OS, but problem still persistswould really need help with it. and finally gotten some dumps.help is appreciated11:...
  4. BSOD while playing games - some games more than others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games - some games more than others: Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated to online games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get...
  5. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I'm almost certain it has something to do with my hardware but I can't make heads or tails of the information in the dump files. I've recently reinstalled Windows, clean install, because of the BSOD's to no avail My computer is approx. 3 years old & I recently upgraded my...
  6. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello everybody, This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. I'm having several BSOD while gaming and sometimes even just scrolling windows and browsing pages. The strange thing is that the crash cause seems to be always different, as you can read in...
  7. BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes)

BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes): About 2 months ago I went for a full-on upgrade and splurged on a new mobo, ram, cpu, AIO cooler and monitor, and decided to take the plunge and finally do a fresh install of Windows 10. Recently I've been hit with relentless bluescreens however. I've been having...
  8. BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game

BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game: BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game with settings on high, if I lower setting it still crashes but takes longer to crash. New install of Win10, BSOD usualy 10-15 mins into playing WOW or any 3d game Reinstalled windows , ran memtest, updated drivers , its...
  9. BSOD while gaming.

BSOD while gaming.: Could someone help me out? 48558
  10. BSOD - Memory Management & others while gaming/browsing

BSOD - Memory Management & others while gaming/browsing: Quite an array of different codes been popping up since I upgraded to windows 10 in the last couple of months irql_not_less_or_equal memory management was another one I have attached several dumps, as I am a bit at my wits end as to what is actually causing it. I...