Windows 10: BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game

Discus and support BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, hoping someone can help me interpret my dmp files, I've been having an issue for several months. My computer will frequently crash while gaming. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh F, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Josh F Win User

BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game

Hi, hoping someone can help me interpret my dmp files, I've been having an issue for several months. My computer will frequently crash while gaming. I started troubleshooting by conducting the following:
    -running memory tests
    -monitoring my GPU/CPU temps under stress tests
    -giving my RAM the ole' Nintendo fix
    -updated all my drivers
    -I eventually did a fresh windows 10 install

...and still get the same BSOD fairly frequently whenever I am engaged in a video game.

I've attached a .zip with all my dump logs and system specs in the hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

:)

Josh F, Sep 6, 2017
  2. Alias404 Win User

BSOD's while playing any game

Thank you for the advice.

I have disabled Hyperthreading and still got a BSOD

I have also ran Passmark and to my (possibly ignorant) eyes have no problems with hardware. (Hyperthreading did cause a reduction in my CPU capacity in all but the single thread mark)

I have read on the Skylake bug and decided it is not my problem. Or I am simply confused about the issue.

DirectX seems to be up to date.

I am skeptical of the clean boot suggestion digging up any errors because my PC ran fine for over 3 months with The Witcher 3, Rocket League and DayZ. I will still try the suggestion however.

I have a network card being shipped to my house currently and will swap it for my old one to see what happens with the new drivers. I expect it to be at least part of the issue because of the dumpfiles pointing at my network driver, and then not being able
    to update the driver.

Thank you again for the time you spent reading and answering my questions. I appreciate your help and if you have any other troubleshooting advice, I would very be grateful for it.

Alias404, Sep 6, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    BSOD's while playing any game

Nice detailed post, and troubleshooting.

I don't have good crash dump software, but others here who do may still drop by.

- First disable Hyper-threading, if you have not already (more in the Skylake bug article at bottom of post).

In past some games have had issues with Hyper-threading, so even without the 'bug' disabling may help.

No help ? Read on.

- You can check for software conflicts by running in Clean Boot.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

- System File Checker may be worth a try as well.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

- Not to do with BSOD, but if you have not run the DirectX Web Installer to update DX you should do so.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

- Because you still had issues with another gpu and while running on the Intel HD530 graphics I would be leaning toward a motherboard problem. Maybe the PCIe circuit or chipset, but I don't know how these would be

tested.

Assuming the cpu is not running hot and there are no bent pins....- Passmark would be a commonly recommended cpu test.- Intel does have a diagnostic software, but it may not be suitable for Skylake cpu's ....

Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Skylake bug - I haven't read past the Hyper-threading part....

hardware/how-to-test-your-pc-for-the-skylake-bug.html

BossDweeb, Sep 6, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game [​IMG]

BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 6, 2017
  5. Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please? Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
    You can upload it to an cloud service like dropbox or onedrive.

BSODHunter, Sep 6, 2017
  6. Josh F Win User
    I updated my system specs in my profile while I was eating breakfast this morning, I'll try to upload my kernel memory dump when I get back from work today.

I did include my crash reports in my attached .zip file as well.

Josh F, Sep 6, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Does it only occur when playing games?
    What kind of games does it mainly occur in?

axe0, Sep 6, 2017
  8. Josh F Win User

I've replicated the BSOD while playing League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Smite, and most recently the Destiny 2 Beta. It generally seems to happen when I'm engaged in rather intense moments, not necessarily the most graphics-intensive, but when I am mashing my keybinds at a rapid rate. I ran FurMark stress test for a few hours last night with no issue, which leads me to believe it isn't my GPU.

To be honest, I only use this computer for games. I do all my clerical and work related tasks on a different computer in a different location. It is entirely possible that the issue isn't confined to video games and it's just confirmation bias as 95% of my operating time is spent gaming on this machine. I'm hoping my .dmp files can help isolate the issue.

Josh F, Sep 6, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    The dumps, 0x124, basically say that unknown hardware errors caused problems.

Could you see if crashes occur when, for example, browsing stuff, watching videos, i.e. less intensive stuff.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game - Similar Threads - BSOD while Gaming

2. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming: Hello,I was recently playing some video games when I got a BSOD. When I researched this error initially, it didn't seem that bad of a problem. But considering that I've been getting different types of BSOD more recently, it's probably signifying a more serious error within my...
  3. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming: Hello there,Last year I purchased this PC which started having BSOD errors while gaming for a while, though historically they were more infrequent about 3-5 a week, which started within a month of having the machine. I've updated the drivers, tested the RAM using Windows...
  4. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming: I have a blue screen issue while playing games. Tried updating drivers and ran sfc /scannow command but that do not help. The issue occurs only in games. Thank you for your help...
  5. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Attachment 268523 Windows Version 1803 (17134.1304) Been playing Monster Hunter World a ton these past few weeks on a daily basis until recently I've been crashing in game with no errors and of those crashes, I got two BSOD's. First one I wasn't at my desk, second one said...
  6. BSODs while gaming

BSODs while gaming: Hi I recently upgraded my motherboard+cpu and I've been getting BSODs ever since, mainly while playing Borderlands 3. The minidumps all show ntoskrnl.exe as the cause. OS: Windows 10 version 1803 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: GTX 770 RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Motherboard: MSI B450...
  7. BSOD While playing any game (0x000000D3)

BSOD While playing any game (0x000000D3): Hello, I have had this problem for longer than 3 months and at one point I got so irritated i just left it alone since then. However recently ive been using my computer more and am having a hard time to do anything. Whenever I try to play any game on Steam, I get to play for...
  8. BSOD while open any game

BSOD while open any game: OS Build 17134.407 random when open game ( bsod ntoskarnel and ntfs.sys)DESKTOP-1P67MTS-18-Nov-18_202354_67.zip 121878
  9. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Getting freezing and slowdown and BSOD. Happens in certain games. Sometimes it happens every session. Sometimes it doesn't Dumps point to nvlddmkm.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. Bug String is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Bug code is 0x10000007e. Attached are the files generated...
  10. BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit

BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit: I've been using Windbg and the Reliability tool to check my error codes, etc. and still have not been able to nail down what it could possibly be. I have attached a Zip with all of my info as instructed. I admitted failure at one point and used Driver Booster to update...