Windows 10: BSOD while gaming Event ID 41 Task Category 63 sometimes BugCheckCode 292

Discus and support BSOD while gaming Event ID 41 Task Category 63 sometimes BugCheckCode 292 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I bought new components to my PC and while playing it crashes. I played so far Monster Hunter World and M&B Bannerolord so far. My PC: SAM4 MSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bazalt, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Bazalt Win User

BSOD while gaming Event ID 41 Task Category 63 sometimes BugCheckCode 292

Hi! I bought new components to my PC and while playing it crashes. I played so far Monster Hunter World and M&B Bannerolord so far.

My PC:

SAM4 MSI X570-A PRO

AMD RYZEN 5 - 5600X

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 3GB GDDR5

DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z Neo for AMD 3600MHz 16GB -F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC KIT 2DB

A-Data XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB - ASX8200PNP-1TT-C

Be Quiet! - Dark Base 900 - BG010

Be Quiet Power Supply be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11

What I tried:

• Run Memory Diagnostics no problem found
    • Reset PC and only updating windows and gpu driver
    • Check with both RAM sticks that only one is installed in the PC.
    • Disable OC and A-XMP in BIOS
    • I bought a new PSU
    • I didnt update the BIOS because i ordered the motherboard updated
    • I sent back the PC to the shop to find out the problem but they couldn't recreate the crash.
    • I tried a different distributor and I even tried to plug in the pc directly into the walls connector.

The shop suggested that the PC might be overheating and that couses the crash but my CPU didn't go above 72C° so far. Next thing is in my mind to get a bigger CPU cooler but I dont know if it'll help.

here are the minidumps, memory.dmp all the saved events

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiFN9yQ2wErciTCmlmHHrUCWHECp?e=mvUps8

please help.

:)

Bazalt, Feb 25, 2021

2. Event ID 41 Task Category 63

If i get no BSODs, no errors, no events logged in event viewer apart from kernel power 41 (63), not even the windows did not shut down successfully screen (don't know if that is still in windows 10), and the computer just turns off and a few seconds later it turns back on, is it safe to assume that it is the power supply and not the motherboard? Because I have heard that this can be caused by the motherboard. Also when this happens, is it harmful for the rest of the hardware?

Machinematrix, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Event ID 41 Task Category 63

Hi, I am experiencing random reboots in my pc, when it happens it will suddenly shutdown, then a few seconds later it turns on again. It has happened playing games and in idle, temperatures are completely normal, voltages on the 12v rail seem normal, I measured it using hwmonitor and most of the time it's 12,1v. Event viewer shows critical event kernel power 41 (63) and this is what i found in event details:

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

It started a few days ago, all instances show event id 41, and in event details "system sleep transitions to on" often varies.

EDIT: A few days ago I could make it happen by tapping the top of the case, so I opened the case and took some cables out and plugged them back in, after that I could no longer turn it off by tapping the case. However a few minutes ago I tried tapping the back of the power supply and it happened again, not only that, but after it turned back on and booted into the system, it happened again but I didn't touch the computer at all. The computer didn't suffer any physical damage as far as I know, and this power supply is around 6 months old.

Machinematrix, Feb 25, 2021
  4. BSOD while gaming Event ID 41 Task Category 63 sometimes BugCheckCode 292

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

BSOD while gaming Event ID 41 Task Category 63 sometimes BugCheckCode 292

1. BSOD while gaming Event ID 41 Task Category 63 sometimes BugCheckCode 292 - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: So, I've been having the same issue for a while now, and I just want a second opinion. My PC has randomly been rebooting. No BSOD the first time, just cut to a black screen, then reboot. When I do get a BSOD, the screen is glitched, so I can't make out the error code. Before...
  3. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: So, I've been having the same issue for a while now, and I just want a second opinion. My PC has randomly been rebooting. No BSOD the first time, just cut to a black screen, then reboot. When I do get a BSOD, the screen is glitched, so I can't make out the error code. Before...
  4. BSOD appears while plugged in - Event ID - 41, Task Category - 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD appears while plugged in - Event ID - 41, Task Category - 63: After I plug in my laptop Dell Inspiron 3584, Processor - IntelR CoreTM i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, I get a Blue Screen of Death with some error codes each time. - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_INPANGE_DATA_ERROR....
  5. BSOD appears while plugged in - Event ID - 41, Task Category - 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD appears while plugged in - Event ID - 41, Task Category - 63: After I plug in my laptop Dell Inspiron 3584, Processor - IntelR CoreTM i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, I get a Blue Screen of Death with some error codes each time. - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_INPANGE_DATA_ERROR....
  6. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer keeps crashing and this was the latest log I have,Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 1/11/2022 9:25:48 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category: 63Level: CriticalKeywords: 70368744177664,2User: SYSTEMComputer: DESKTOP-3GL3Q1FDescription: The system has...
  7. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer keeps crashing and this was the latest log I have,Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 1/11/2022 9:25:48 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category: 63Level: CriticalKeywords: 70368744177664,2User: SYSTEMComputer: DESKTOP-3GL3Q1FDescription: The system has...
  8. Event ID 41, Task Category 63

9. Event ID 41 Task Category 63.

Event ID 41 Task Category 63.: I have a brand new Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05, here are some specs:- AMD RYZEN 7 4800H processor- NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1650 graphics card- 8gb of RAM- Windows 10 home Version 21h1 OSThe problem is that whenever I play a game, the system randomly restarts, in some occasions with...
  10. Event ID 41 Task category 63

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event ID 41 Task category 63: I have been dealing with this for 6 months and have tried many fixes other than posting a minidump and letting others take a look. Please help it is so ridiculously annoying. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntBdup2TotIsPhgT-vKLogoQH0n9mDBX/view?usp=sharing submitted by...