Windows 10: BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41

Discus and support BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been attempting to resolve a BSoD issue that I have been having since August 3rd. This began occurring when I installed a new motherboard, CPU,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adepontes86, Sep 24, 2019.

1. BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41

I have been attempting to resolve a BSoD issue that I have been having since August 3rd. This began occurring when I installed a new motherboard, CPU, and memory:

Motherboard: B350 Tomahawk
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
    Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4

The first few days were flawless, with absolutely no issues occuring. Once I started running games, I ran into a BSoD once or twice a day. I noticed initially the CPU was running at relatively high temperatures so I installed a water-cooled heat sink to lower my temperatures - sadly, this did not stop the BSoD issue. I ran memtest on both the RAM and CPU, which came back positive and multiple runs over the coarse of a few hours.

Upon doing a bit of searching, I was able to run a few other tests to new avail, so I downloaded BlueScreenView to see if I could debug the issue myself. All I have been able to find is that each BSoD occurs involving the same three system files:

hal.dll
    ntoskrnl.exe
    PSHED.dll

BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41 [​IMG]

Given I have little to no knowledge on system files, my attempts to fix the issue from here have been a shot in the dark. I thought I had it resolved and had no BSoD between 9/18 and 9/21 (today), then they started again.

At this point all I can find is that the issue may be caused by my PSU, which is only a couple years old. I'm hoping it's not that, though hopefully someone out there can help me narrow it down to the point that I'll know whether I need to replace the PSU.

Thanks in advance!

:)

adepontes86, Sep 24, 2019

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 24, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

@storm shadow, I already explained that in post 7
    There are 3 different crashes

1. A freeze crash
    2. A sudden shutdown/restart crash
    3. A bluescreen crash

A memory dump will only be created when a bluescreen crash occurs.
    A kernel event id 41 only means an unexpected power problem has occured what happens with both a shutdown/restart and bluescreen crashes.

4. BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

yeah i know.
    But if you did a read on the matter there have been 10 000 users having this power problem on win 10.

Even when everybody knew it wasent the PSU, since like 9000 of those having this crash updated from a fully funcionally win 7 and never had a kernel 41 crash on win 7.
    Problems started only after they updated to win 10.

At least problems are fixed from my part, with the answer in my latest post.

storm shadow, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41

1. BSOD while gaming or idle, Kernel Power 41 - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. Kernel Power 41 while PC is idle or suspended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power 41 while PC is idle or suspended: Hello,My PC since the last month has been crashing almost daily without any BSOD. It seems like the power just goes out. When I checked the event viewer every time I got a Kernel Power 41 error with all bugcheck parameters set to 0 except for a few times. I have tried...
  3. Kernel Power 41 while PC is idle or suspended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power 41 while PC is idle or suspended: Hello,My PC since the last month has been crashing almost daily without any BSOD. It seems like the power just goes out. When I checked the event viewer every time I got a Kernel Power 41 error with all bugcheck parameters set to 0 except for a few times. I have tried...
  4. Kernel Power 41 while PC is idle or suspended

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent Kernel Power 41 Errors while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Kernel Power 41 Errors while gaming: Hello,My new PC has been plagued by frequent crashes since I built it last month. Every part of it is brand-new except for the GPU a GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC from Gigabyte, which I brought over from my previous machine where it worked fine for 2 years. The problems only...
  6. Frequent Kernel Power 41 Errors while gaming

Frequent Kernel Power 41 Errors while gaming: Hello,My new PC has been plagued by frequent crashes since I built it last month. Every part of it is brand-new except for the GPU a GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC from Gigabyte, which I brought over from my previous machine where it worked fine for 2 years. The problems only...
  7. BSOD Kernel Error 41 While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Kernel Error 41 While Gaming: I have a custom built PC from CyberPower that freezes and gets BSOD when gaming sometimes. I also do very intense audio production work but I have never once had a BSOD happen during those sessions. While gaming, sometimes it can happen quite often and sometimes I will go a...
  8. BSOD Kernel Error 41 While Gaming

BSOD Kernel Error 41 While Gaming: I have a custom built PC from CyberPower that freezes and gets BSOD when gaming sometimes. I also do very intense audio production work but I have never once had a BSOD happen during those sessions. While gaming, sometimes it can happen quite often and sometimes I will go a...
  9. BSOD Kernel Error 41 While Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. 41 Kernel Power Event while gaming (No BSOD)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    41 Kernel Power Event while gaming (No BSOD): Hello everyone. I'm running Windows 10 x64. I don't know why this happens, but whenever I try to run a game like Skyrim even in LOW settings, my GPU goes from 37ºC - 42ºC in idle to 85+ºC. This didn't happen before tho, it was this summer it started to shutdown due to...