Windows 10: BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes)

Discus and support BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About 2 months ago I went for a full-on upgrade and splurged on a new mobo, ram, cpu, AIO cooler and monitor, and decided to take the plunge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jogg, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Jogg Win User

BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes)

About 2 months ago I went for a full-on upgrade and splurged on a new mobo, ram, cpu, AIO cooler and monitor, and decided to take the plunge and finally do a fresh install of Windows 10. Recently I've been hit with relentless bluescreens however.

I've been having bluescreen issues for the past month or so, and despite all my remedy-ing have come up empty handed.
    The specific game that's causing all of this is Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide. Usually either playing for too long or over multiple short sessions, eventually a bluescreen occurs. I've been taking a basic look at the dump files themselves but I'm far from knowledgeable. The latest one said a probable cause was hardware related (it should be attached in the .zip file) but a large number of them are all over the place in possible causes. Many of them have listed vermintide.exe as the culprit itself.

I've tried to narrow it down as hard as I can; I've updated the drivers for my chipset, audio, GPU, wireless and mouse, along with my BIOS. I've run Intel Burn Test for 48 passes on my CPU with no errors, tested both sticks of RAM individually with memtest86+ (though only for 1 pass on each stick), ran Furmark for roughly 15 minutes, benched with Valleybench and 3dmark11 multiple times, tried SFC /scannow, checked my drives for errors, and it all comes back squeaky clean. I honest to god can't figure out what could be causing all of this. My temperatures all seem fine, and I even tried moving my RAM to different slots.

I also tried running driver verifier, and predictably it causes a BSOD instantly, but it marks every single non-microsoft driver as causing issues. Maybe I'm just setting it up wrong, but I've followed 2 different guides, both with the same end result.

If anyone could possibly help, I'd be forever grateful. Thank you in advance!

:)

Jogg, Jan 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD while gaming.

I haven't made many changes prior to the problem that I believe is causing the issue other than upgrading to Windows 10 and upgrading to a GTX1070(7 months ago) but my PC wasn't crashing like it is now(at least 1-3 times a day for the past week or two).
    I have tried updating all my drivers in case it was an out of date driver causing the problem but that wasn't the case. On a side note I noticed while using speccy that whenever I played a game like GTA V my CPU would heat up to 82-86C to try and fix this
    I removed the heat sink, it up and reapplied some thermal paste to the cpu to improve the temperature however it still bounces between 78C-82C.

P.S. After some time now it seems to be jumping between 70-80C.

Beelzebub_Brawler, Jan 2, 2016
  3. BSOD while gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys & ntoskrnl.exe windows 10

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 2, 2016
  4. Jogg Win User

Well, I've dug a little deeper still, and run another memtest pass on my RAM overnight; this time with both sticks together, and this time with the more maintained version rather than 86+. Ran into about 172 odd errors before it just locked up and refused to do anything anymore.

So that answers that (for the moment). I'll have to test the sticks individually again to see which one is buggered, but this probably is the issue, which is a shame because I had the exact same issue with the exact same brand and model of RAM when my parts first arrived, but was much more severe and easier to diagnose.

Sorry for the trouble. I may be back still, but thanks for now.

Jogg, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes) - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. BSOD While playing games, what could be causing it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD While playing games, what could be causing it?: Hello,I got a prebuilt PC about a year ago, and I've been getting BSODs whenever I play certain games since I got it. I can only play for about 20-30 minutes before I get a black screen into a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.My temps when this happens are quite high, but not crazy...
  3. BSOD While playing games, what could be causing it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While playing games, what could be causing it?: Hello,I got a prebuilt PC about a year ago, and I've been getting BSODs whenever I play certain games since I got it. I can only play for about 20-30 minutes before I get a black screen into a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.My temps when this happens are quite high, but not crazy...
  4. BSOD While playing games, what could be causing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe while gaming

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe while gaming: Dear all, For a couple of months I have received game crashes and BSODs which all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I just cannot seem to fix it, while trying many solutions that are given. The latest thing I did was run memtest86, which came out with 0 errors. I hope...
  6. BSOD while playing games - some games more than others

BSOD while playing games - some games more than others: Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated to online games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get...
  7. BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps

BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps: Recently, my computer has been blue screening after I open up a video game and try to play it. This happens within the first 5 or so minutes of playing the game. I have reset my computer to the factory state and I have uninstalled windows then reinstalled the latest version...
  8. BSOD playing Vermintide, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Vermintide, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I just got a BSOD while playing Vermintide. It displayed WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Looking it up online its some kind of hardware issue. The game was running kind of sluggish the fps was 40-60 but it felt much slower. I uploaded the dm log collector zip file. 59712
  9. BSOD - Memory Management & others while gaming/browsing

BSOD - Memory Management & others while gaming/browsing: Quite an array of different codes been popping up since I upgraded to windows 10 in the last couple of months irql_not_less_or_equal memory management was another one I have attached several dumps, as I am a bit at my wits end as to what is actually causing it. I...
  10. Constant BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing Vermintide

Constant BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing Vermintide: So, my PC has had few BSODs prior to this, but now something is wrong and severely. I'm getting BSODs at least once in every match I play in vermintide. Been doing my best doing memchecks, resetting BIOS settings and trying out RAM sticks solo and in different slots (it...