Windows 10: BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

Discus and support BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpankyZA, Mar 3, 2018.

1. SpankyZA Win User

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

Hi gents,

I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues.

Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a software assumption. I decided to reinstall Windows10 since I had never had a clean (only upgraded) Windows 10 install - PROBLEM SOLVED. Or so I thought. The problem has now resurfaced ~2 Months later and I have no idea what the issue is.

• When does it happen? > While gaming
    • Result - BSOD of various description but most recently it seems to be wdf01000.sys related:
      • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
      • IRQL not less or equal
      • Many others I can't recall

I have run the forum's BSOD data collection app and attached the result which was generated when running Driver Verifier.

I will try get more dumps as a result of gameplay and upload.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

A frustrated gamer,

:)

SpankyZA, Mar 3, 2018

2. BSOD while running Hypervisor code integrity test with HLK 10240 on windows 10 OS

Hi

BSOD observed while running Hipervisor code integrity readiness test with HLK 10240 on Windows 10 OS

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION(wdf01000.sys)

Please help us regarding this error. We could not able to move further.
    BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys [​IMG]

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

sriramdeshmukh, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Windows 10 1709 blue screens

Sorry for the delay. From the dump file it looks like the issue is related to Dell NIC (Ndis.sys) and to some system file corruption (wdf01000.sys).

Are you able to access your computer or do you receive BSOD before login?

Ugo Lopez, Mar 3, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Spanky7A,

What keyboard are you using?
    Are there more USB devices connected to your system, beside mouse and keyboard?

axe0, Mar 3, 2018
  5. SpankyZA Win User
    Hi Axe0,

Thanks for having a look at my issue.

It is a cheap unit of brand "XGR". Seems to be working fine from my perspective.

I also have an external 3TB Seagate HDD attached to the PC via USB3. I have removed any other USB peripherals that weren't crucial for day to day usage.

SpankyZA, Mar 3, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Did any software came with the keyboard?

axe0, Mar 3, 2018
  7. SpankyZA Win User
    Nope. It's a very basic plug & play style keyboard - only media keys as additional features.

Something in the dump pointing to it freaking out?

I have a Logitech G400s mouse with its OEM driver installed.

SpankyZA, Mar 3, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

Yes, USB drivers are being blamed, one I've not seen before. Could you uninstall the keyboard drivers in device manager and reboot so Windows can reinstall the drivers.

axe0, Mar 3, 2018
  9. SpankyZA Win User
    Okay, done.

Will give it a test drive after work tonight and report back if I can induce BSOD.

There are 3 entries for "HID Keyboard Device" showing up in device manager under the "Keyboard" category - is this normal?

SpankyZA, Mar 4, 2018
  10. SpankyZA Win User
    Okay, so have done a bit of gaming today and so far so good. Will keep at it.

Is there any chance of it being the case's USB/SATA hub?

SpankyZA, Mar 4, 2018
  11. SpankyZA Win User
    I don't want to speak too soon but the removal and re-installation of the keyboard driver seems to be working...

SpankyZA, Mar 5, 2018
  12. axe0 New Member
    That's the only USB device that made sense, I am familiair with Logitech drivers and I didn't find those back in the crash dump *Smile

13. SpankyZA Win User

Thanks for the assist, Axe0.

The issue still hasn't resurfaced so I will mark as solved. If it returns again I know where to come *Smile

SpankyZA, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  6. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  7. BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys

BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys: Hi! Ever since I updated to Windows 10 i keep getting these random freezes(sometimes when i am playing or even when i am just browsing the internet) and it came up with this electric like buzzing in the speakers(also in headphones so it is not the sound equipment). This has...
  8. BSOD while downloading large games from steam, error wdf01000.sys

BSOD while downloading large games from steam, error wdf01000.sys: Hello, I have recently bought a used PC and changed the case for a new one, so I rewired the entire system. Since then, the PC keeps crashing when I download large games off steam and sometimes it crashes while I'm watching videos on youtube. Two errors show at different...
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
Tags: