Windows 10: BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. So I've build a brand new machine recently who faced a couple of problems here but I though the hard part was way behind. Two days ago I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AstroFox5, Jan 3, 2021.

1. AstroFox5 Win User

BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi all.

So I've build a brand new machine recently who faced a couple of problems here but I though the hard part was way behind.

Two days ago I was playing Star Citizen then Gang Beast for almost 2 or 3 hours straight, no problem.

Yesterday I was willing to play Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice but it turned out that the PC crashed completly after let's say 30 min of gaming.
    I start again, I succeed to go a bit further, boom, new BSOD.
    I went to the event viewer, thought it was due to a software from Gigabyte suite OC utility or something like that so I uninstalled it.
    And I told myself it may come from the game so I tried with Horizon Zero Dawn: the same crash after 10 to 15 minutes of game, near the begining, when an auto-save appears the auto-save logo stayed a long time so I'm telling myself this may be linked....

So... I thought I've done bad things with Windows so I reset factory settings in the BIOS, change just the thing I'm sure of what they'll do PBO Off, CPPC/Prefrerred Core enabled, SATA hot plug disabled,... and I go for a new install.
    Same test pattern with Hellblade, with just the needed driver AMD Chipset, Samsung Magician, GeForce Driver: BSOD even quicker, just after the end of the intro.

I'm lost and getting really tired of that. Never had such a difficult build before.

Never had this BSOD in idle, browsing the internet.

I've done check disk on C and Q my dedicated game drive, nothing.

I checked RAM with the Windows tool, nothing.

SFC scan now said that it saw a few corrupted file and made the changes.

I tried one more time, restart even quicker. Not even a BSOD. Told me I need a bootable drive. Turned completly off the PC.

Here is the set up:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master BIOS f31q
    CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
    Water cooling: Fractal Design Celsius + 36 Prisma
    GPU: RTX 3090 FE
    G.Skill Trident Neo 4x16 @3600
    RAM: Corsair AX1000
    OS drive: SAMSUNG 980 Pro 250 Go
    Game drive: SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1To
    Data drive: 2X Toshiba 3To 7200 RPM in mirror using the Windows in the control panel
    Dual monitor set up 1920X1080 @ 144Hz + 3840X2160 @ 144Hz LG 27GN950

I had HWinfo opened up at the same time to check temp when gaming, the CPU was around 70 and the chipset around 65 degrees celsius.
    And I did a screenshot of the event viewer, if this can help: here.

Thanks. A lot...

:)

AstroFox5, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Sukae Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD on playing games in Windows 10 PC

Original Title: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Whenever I play a game after a few minutes there is a BSOD. So far I have tried chkdsk, sfc scan, DISM, defragment, and I updated my bios and reset my bios. All of the tests I mentioned have had no errors in them.

Sukae, Jan 3, 2021
  3. apank Win User
    Whea_uncorrectable_error only when playing games

I've been experiencing the Whea_Uncorrectable_error BSOD when playing games like CSGO or planetside 2, but not League of legends. It happened frequently when playing the mentioned games on 8.1, then when I upgraded to Win 10 it still occurred.

apank, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Tintai Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming: HiA few days ago while gaming I started getting a BSOD. I got the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then after restarting the game, I got a freeze again and the same error code.What I have tried so far:Restore to System Restore PointFull windows reinstall Win10 Pro 64...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming: HiA few days ago while gaming I started getting a BSOD. I got the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then after restarting the game, I got a freeze again and the same error code.What I have tried so far:Restore to System Restore PointFull windows reinstall Win10 Pro 64...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR randomly while gaming - No error logs

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR randomly while gaming - No error logs: Hey there, I hope someone can give me with my situation: Since a long time now (about 6 months now), I'm getting BSOD "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" while playing GPU intensive games (most time Rust from Steam). My Computes is a custom build by me. The BSOD sometimes occurs like...
  6. whea_uncorrectable_error during gaming - BSoD

whea_uncorrectable_error during gaming - BSoD: i7-4790K @ 4.0 GHZ 32.0 GB - DDR3 (1066.5 MHz) Asus - Maximus VII Hero (Haswell/Z97) Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 W10 64x Months and months ago.. one BSOD. Weeks later, another. Weeks later, another. Then every weekend. Now every day. Can't make it through without BSoD. New...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing online games

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing online games: For the past week I've been experiencing frequent blue screen crashes while playing online games (primarily battlefront 2 and NBA 2k20) Ive made sure that my CPU is not overclocked, GPU drivers are up to date, and Ive freshly installed windows 10 onto a new ssd and still have...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing online games

in Windows 10 Support
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing online games: For the past week I've been experiencing frequent blue screen crashes while playing online games (primarily battlefront 2 and NBA 2k20) Ive made sure that my CPU is not overclocked, GPU drivers are up to date, and Ive freshly installed windows 10 onto a new ssd and still have...
  9. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.: Hey guys; having WHEA's pop up after random amounts of time while playing ARMA, or generally any game, really. CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz GPU - Palit GeForce 2060 RTX RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance @ 2133MHz MBoard - B360M-DS3H - Gigabyte HDD - 2TB HDD Unknown Make/Model SSD...
  10. BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: can someone please check my minidump Attachment 90761 55918