Windows 10: BSOD while gaming

Discus and support BSOD while gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've been getting this problem for over a month now, every time i play games (especially metro redux and yakuza 0, its really bizarre that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/edreces, Nov 26, 2019.

1. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming PSJLqxKkMUfLQHTPEWS-ovrOEzc6_UKJpiJ2S-GtSA4.jpg

I've been getting this problem for over a month now, every time i play games (especially metro redux and yakuza 0, its really bizarre that i get this error a lot while playing these 2 games, then it start to appear in more games) this error will appear and windows will restart, i start to game less and less because i'm afraid that i may break or fry my laptop, i searched online and the problem is something about overclocking, i'm not overclocking anything at all, the cpu and gpu are on stock frequency.

im using hp omen 17-w295ms

Intel i7-7700HQ

GTX 1070 8 GB Vram

2X8 GB @ 2400MHZ

https://preview.redd.it/r6djnk32c41...bp&s=3a854e418db320edc54f8a43adff30793bcf4cd6

submitted by /u/edreces
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/edreces, Nov 26, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2019
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD while gaming :)

cplpro, Nov 26, 2019
  4. dtex Win User

BSOD while gaming

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

Thema:

BSOD while gaming

1. BSOD while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming: I recently upgraded my pc and got a nice graphics card. Finally i'm able to play pc games and i am really loving it so far. I got no major issues in most games i tried so far but with the skate 4 beta and fifa 23 i ALWAYS get BOSD and dont really know what to do. I've deleted...
  3. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming: Hi, my system crashed while I was gaming. Not exactly sure what caused it, but it seems to have something to do with the PFN list? Here's the info: SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiDereferenceControlAreaPfnList+21MODULE_NAME: ntSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbIMAGE_NAME:...
  4. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I recently upgraded some components of my PC - namely the CPU/MOBO/RAM. Since then, I've been getting BSODs/black screen crashes while gaming, I can't see a pattern to what causes the crash but it only happens within games. I've recently returned the RAM I bought as I wasn't...
  5. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello there,Last year I purchased this PC which started having BSOD errors while gaming for a while, though historically they were more infrequent about 3-5 a week, which started within a month of having the machine. I've updated the drivers, tested the RAM using Windows...
  6. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming: Recently after updating windows 10for about 2 updates now I started running into a lot of blue screen while gaming. I need help with interpreting the minidumps created in order to figure out what causes the BSODs.So far I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my GPU...
  7. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I recently performed a fresh install of Windows 10 not an upgrade. I rarely had this issue with windows 7 on the same PC. I can stream videos and movies with no issue. But any time I play any game I get a BSOD. It starts with a system service exception, then goes into a loop...
  8. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I'm almost certain it has something to do with my hardware but I can't make heads or tails of the information in the dump files. I've recently reinstalled Windows, clean install, because of the BSOD's to no avail My computer is approx. 3 years old & I recently upgraded my...
  9. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello everybody, This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. I'm having several BSOD while gaming and sometimes even just scrolling windows and browsing pages. The strange thing is that the crash cause seems to be always different, as you can read in...
  10. BSOD while gaming.

BSOD while gaming.: Could someone help me out? 48558