Windows 10: BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had my HP m6 ENVY laptop crash on me while the computer was idling. This occurred shortly after I had reinstalled my display drivers to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KyleDick, Sep 9, 2018.

1. KyleDick Win User

BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

I recently had my HP m6 ENVY laptop crash on me while the computer was idling. This occurred shortly after I had reinstalled my display drivers to fix an issue with the laptop crashing right after opening the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but that would be my suspicion with the stop code that the BSOD spat out.

I have the dump file for this crash here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqus1AyPodf6hW311l5chcqIBEtB

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kyle

:)

KyleDick, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Sep 9, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR :)

cplpro, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD while idling

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: Hi, sometimes my computer with windows 11 gets a blue screen with 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR' and after the blue screen there appears a white screen with 'a device attempted to acces memmory'. Does this mean I have a virus? How do I have to fix it?thank you in advance.Kind...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: Hi, sometimes my computer with windows 11 gets a blue screen with 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR' and after the blue screen there appears a white screen with 'a device attempted to acces memmory'. Does this mean I have a virus? How do I have to fix it?thank you in advance.Kind...
  4. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  5. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  6. BSOD while my pc idles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while my pc idles: Whenever I leave my computer on and walk away from it for significant periods of time somewhere between an hour and a schoolday it's usually undergone a BSOD somewhere in that timeframe. I want to keep my computer operating as a plex server for a week when I take a vacation...
  7. Windows BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD while Idle: About a week ago, My PC started to bsod. For some reason, It only crashes when its idle, and not doing anything else. I can run games, watch videos, and do basically anything else perfectly fine with no hiccups, but if I just leave the pc sitting there idle, it crashes in a...
  8. BSOD while idle on desktop

BSOD while idle on desktop: The past few days I have been getting BSOD while my computer was idle on desktop with only Google Chrome open and other background programs. Both times it has happened my monitor was in sleep mode so I was unable to see the BSOD myself but I have the minidumps. 84345
  9. BSOD at night while idle

BSOD at night while idle: This has been going on for awhile and I cant seem to figure out the issue. I have turned off all C-State settings to fix the issue but there problem is still there. 27462
  10. BSOD while playing or idle

BSOD while playing or idle: Hello, i build this PC in december, and everything was runing fine until like 2 months ago. Getting random BSOD while playing some of them happend even when idle. The most recent ones are from today playing Diablo 3, got 3 BSOD in a span of an hour. Getting about 3-4...