Windows 10: BSOD While my pc idle

Discus and support BSOD While my pc idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc often gets bsod when it's idle never when playing games... i've tried several ways such as changing ram, moving ram slots but the bsod still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Its Mi, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Its Mi Win User

BSOD While my pc idle

my pc often gets bsod when it's idle never when playing games... i've tried several ways such as changing ram, moving ram slots but the bsod still appears and the bsod that appears is often marked with the code ntkrnlmp.exe .. maybe someone can help me?specRyzen 5 3500Ab350m Pro4Ram 8GB DDR4 2400MhzPSU zalman 750w 80+here is the dump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!ApUbSA6rkR05mC1oegh0KoempEPl?e=54MyRB

:)

Its Mi, Dec 18, 2021
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Dec 19, 2021
  3. WebDevVA Win User
    Troubleshooting idle problems with no errors

I need help troubleshooting my Windows 10 Home PC. I have problems with it only when it idles. The problems are intermittent and hard to troubleshoot. Sometimes it will lock up after being idle for a while. Sometimes it won't lock up but the screen will
    not power off. Sometimes it behaves perfectly fine. There are no errors in the Event log, BSODs or memory dumps.

I have tried:

• Reinstalling Windows from image
    • Updating all of my drivers
    • Scanning for viruses and other malware
    • Scanning and defragging hard drives
    • Turning off most of my power saving settings
    • Scanning for memory and other hard defects
    • Stress testing for heat related problems

I am at a loss at this point. It is very annoying to constantly have to hard boot my PC if I step away for too long.

What else can I try?

WebDevVA, Dec 19, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

BSOD While my pc idle

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

BSOD While my pc idle

1. BSOD While my pc idle - Similar Threads - BSOD While idle

2. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  3. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  4. BSOD while my pc idles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while my pc idles: Whenever I leave my computer on and walk away from it for significant periods of time somewhere between an hour and a schoolday it's usually undergone a BSOD somewhere in that timeframe. I want to keep my computer operating as a plex server for a week when I take a vacation...
  5. BSOD while my pc idles

BSOD while my pc idles: Whenever I leave my computer on and walk away from it for significant periods of time somewhere between an hour and a schoolday it's usually undergone a BSOD somewhere in that timeframe. I want to keep my computer operating as a plex server for a week when I take a vacation...
  6. BSOD While my pc idle

BSOD While my pc idle: my pc often gets bsod when it's idle never when playing games... i've tried several ways such as changing ram, moving ram slots but the bsod still appears and the bsod that appears is often marked with the code ntkrnlmp.exe .. maybe someone can help me?specRyzen 5 3500Ab350m...
  7. BSOD While my pc idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD While my pc idle: my pc often gets bsod when it's idle never when playing games... i've tried several ways such as changing ram, moving ram slots but the bsod still appears and the bsod that appears is often marked with the code ntkrnlmp.exe .. maybe someone can help me?specRyzen 5 3500Ab350m...
  8. BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: I recently had my HP m6 ENVY laptop crash on me while the computer was idling. This occurred shortly after I had reinstalled my display drivers to fix an issue with the laptop crashing right after opening the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Not sure if it has anything to...
  9. BSOD at night while idle

BSOD at night while idle: This has been going on for awhile and I cant seem to figure out the issue. I have turned off all C-State settings to fix the issue but there problem is still there. 27462
  10. BSOD while pc idle - again!

BSOD while pc idle - again!: new BSOD today in Win10 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32kfull.sys (i think) have you guys seen this before, or been able to fix it? thanks. (see my other thread, 5 bsods in 5 days) 73143