Windows 10: BSOD while playing a game

Discus and support BSOD while playing a game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lightbunker, Jul 5, 2020.

1. BSOD while playing a game

I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD.

I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change.

It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game.

The message is always Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated the AMD driver, yet the BSOD is still happening. I am running out of options here.

Could someone please help me to figure out what the problem might be? I am not very tech-savvy but I know people here are helpful.

The computer parts are:

AMD RYZEN5 3400G

Asrock B450M HDV R4.0

ADATA D30 8GB x 2

WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 NVMe

The games include:

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Cities Skylines

TitanFall 2

Here is the link to the folder for the dump file. I only included 3 but there are more.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlBIyF-rcdUityllpSBM6U8l1ALX?e=0xuyHl

Thank you!

:)

lightbunker, Jul 5, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2020
  3. infigare Win User
    BSOD while playing games

Hi,

I bought my pc 2 months ago and recently i got my pc getting BSOD while playing games.
    The BSOD occurs only while i'm playing games
    It said error: System_Service_Exception

infigare, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD while playing a game

Getting BSOD while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • Does this issue occur only while playing a game?

Usually, Blue Screen error occurs when there is an outdated driver installed or any in compatible hardware connected to the computer. As you have mentioned that all the drivers are updated, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would request you to share the minidump file with us so that we can analyze it and help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. You can locate mini dump file in location:
    c:\windows\minidump. Please upload the files in OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

BSOD while playing a game

1. BSOD while playing a game - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing games.: I've had a few crashes playing Baldur's Gate 3 a few weeks ago and I thought I had things fixed until today where I had a crash playing Armored Core 6.Previously, I uninstalled my current GPU driver with DDU and installed v536.99.Although the reliability viewer says it's a...
  3. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  4. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi, I recently updated my configuration from a i7 8700k to a i7 12700kf with a new motherboard. I clean install Windows 11 but since that I'm randomly having bsod or a complete freeze of the computer ... I updated the bios and all the drivers but nothing seems to fix my...
  5. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games: Hello, I've been getting random BSODs while playing games. It doesn't seem to be every game. Only some. Mainly during loading screens. My PC will freeze for a couple minutes then a blue screen will pop up. I've updated every driver. I didn't update BIOS. I used ddu to do a...
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. BSOD While playing games

BSOD While playing games: So over the past maybe 2 days ive been having some issues with random (sort of) bsod crashes. I just recently replaced my vid card (around a month and a half ago) with a gtx 970. Ive only tried this with one game however it seems space engineers causes it and it takes a good...
  9. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: I've recently started experiencing a lot of BSODs while playing World of Warcraft or while browsing the internet. It usually alternates between a few different error messages. I've seen the error codes: System_Service_Exception (win32kfull.sys)...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Recently I have been getting BSODs while playing games on my computer, but not during normal use. Most recently it has been the game Roguelands. I originally thought it might be a memory problem, so I ran memtest for around 10 passes. Memtest did not turn up with...