Windows 10: BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b

Discus and support BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure where the problem started and its kind of getting to me right now. I can play a game for an hour or 2 and then the error or i can lay for 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manne98, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Manne98 Win User

BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b

Not sure where the problem started and its kind of getting to me right now. I can play a game for an hour or 2 and then the error or i can lay for 2 days and then nothing.

:)

Manne98, Feb 6, 2017
  2. Alias404 Win User

BSOD's while playing any game

Thank you for the advice.

I have disabled Hyperthreading and still got a BSOD

I have also ran Passmark and to my (possibly ignorant) eyes have no problems with hardware. (Hyperthreading did cause a reduction in my CPU capacity in all but the single thread mark)

I have read on the Skylake bug and decided it is not my problem. Or I am simply confused about the issue.

DirectX seems to be up to date.

I am skeptical of the clean boot suggestion digging up any errors because my PC ran fine for over 3 months with The Witcher 3, Rocket League and DayZ. I will still try the suggestion however.

I have a network card being shipped to my house currently and will swap it for my old one to see what happens with the new drivers. I expect it to be at least part of the issue because of the dumpfiles pointing at my network driver, and then not being able
    to update the driver.

Thank you again for the time you spent reading and answering my questions. I appreciate your help and if you have any other troubleshooting advice, I would very be grateful for it.

Alias404, Feb 6, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    BSOD's while playing any game

Nice detailed post, and troubleshooting.

I don't have good crash dump software, but others here who do may still drop by.

- First disable Hyper-threading, if you have not already (more in the Skylake bug article at bottom of post).

In past some games have had issues with Hyper-threading, so even without the 'bug' disabling may help.

No help ? Read on.

- You can check for software conflicts by running in Clean Boot.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

- System File Checker may be worth a try as well.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

- Not to do with BSOD, but if you have not run the DirectX Web Installer to update DX you should do so.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

- Because you still had issues with another gpu and while running on the Intel HD530 graphics I would be leaning toward a motherboard problem. Maybe the PCIe circuit or chipset, but I don't know how these would be

tested.

Assuming the cpu is not running hot and there are no bent pins....- Passmark would be a commonly recommended cpu test.- Intel does have a diagnostic software, but it may not be suitable for Skylake cpu's ....

Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Skylake bug - I haven't read past the Hyper-threading part....

hardware/how-to-test-your-pc-for-the-skylake-bug.html

BossDweeb, Feb 6, 2017
  4. BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b

Code: 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (7.02.2017 03:41:10) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: ntkrnlmp.exe nvlddmkm.sys [20.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: dwm.exe Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory ============================================================================================================== 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (4.02.2017 19:02:44) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption win32kbase.sys [14.12.2016] * Base Win32k Kernel Driver - in System 32 folder PROCESS: csrss.exe Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory[/quote] I see a problem with the Nvidia GPU Driver. Try roll back to an older version. Defective Memory could be the cause too.

Please run Memtest to ensure:

BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Manne98 Win User
    I have rolled back my drivers just waiting to see if this fixes the problem. I also did a memtest to see if there were errors but nothing came up.

Manne98, Feb 7, 2017
  6. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
  7. Manne98 Win User
    Yes, sorry for the late reply. I rolled my GPU Drivers back and it worked for a bit. I have 2 different brands of ram in my computer and i had to place them in the proper slots for the mobo not to get to confused. Thanks for the help!

Manne98, May 11, 2017
  8. BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b

Glad to hear that your problem is now fixed. Let us know if there are any other problems.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b

1. BSOD While playing any game, error 0x0000003b - Similar Threads - BSOD While playing

2. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games: Hello,I have been having this issue where while playing a game on my computer Runner 3, my computer will BSOD after playing the game for a while. I've attempted sfc/scannow and even factory resetting windows 11 however the error still occurs. I have attatched a the dump file...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error while playing games: Hello,I have been having this issue where while playing a game on my computer Runner 3, my computer will BSOD after playing the game for a while. I've attempted sfc/scannow and even factory resetting windows 11 however the error still occurs. I have attatched a the dump file...
  4. BSOD Errors while playing SCUM game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors while playing SCUM game: I have had several different BSOD ERRORS. Ufortunately it is not just one error I believe I have seen a total of 5. I am not a microsoft engineer so I am ata loss. Any help would be highly appreciated thank you.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64...
  5. BSOD Errors while playing SCUM game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors while playing SCUM game: I have had several different BSOD ERRORS. Ufortunately it is not just one error I believe I have seen a total of 5. I am not a microsoft engineer so I am ata loss. Any help would be highly appreciated thank you.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64...
  6. BSOD Errors while playing SCUM game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD While playing any game (0x000000D3)

BSOD While playing any game (0x000000D3): Hello, I have had this problem for longer than 3 months and at one point I got so irritated i just left it alone since then. However recently ive been using my computer more and am having a hard time to do anything. Whenever I try to play any game on Steam, I get to play for...
  8. BSOD playing CSGO, error 0x0000003b

BSOD playing CSGO, error 0x0000003b: Hi im new here . Problem is every now and then i got BSOD 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8023c43ab64, 0xfffffd896f1cad90, 0x0000000000000000) Usually happens when playing CSGO ( only game i play now and then ) Thank you in advance....
  9. BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games

BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games: Pc randomly either freezes, turns itself off and then on immediately on. happens even while browsing a word document. i usually have youtube playing music in the background so nothing fancy to make it crash 87781
  10. BSOD playing GTA V error 0x0000003b

BSOD playing GTA V error 0x0000003b: I get the blue screen anytime i play gta v, it can happen from a few minutes to a few hours in. I recently had a 8gb stick of vengeance ram go bad idk if this could be causing part of the problem but i wanted to add it. The source of the blue screen is from my ntoskrnl.exe....
Tags: