Windows 10: BSOD while playing Blizzard Games (Diablo 3, WoW, Starcraft 2)

Discus and support BSOD while playing Blizzard Games (Diablo 3, WoW, Starcraft 2) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue: I have been running into the BSOD issue while playing Blizzard Games, I have played other games which are pretty up to date (Pillars of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mattius, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Mattius Win User

BSOD while playing Blizzard Games (Diablo 3, WoW, Starcraft 2)

The issue:

I have been running into the BSOD issue while playing Blizzard Games, I have played other games which are pretty up to date (Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2) with no issues. As the crashes are very similar every time I fire up a Blizzard title I'm convinced that there must be something wrong when playing these games.

What Happens:

I start the game and everything runs fine, cutscenes, loading screens, menus - no problem. When I run into the issues is when I get into the gameplay. It will generally let me play for about 5 - 10 minutes before the screen periodically flashes black or freezes altogether, both have occurred, and then it takes you to the blue screen with the frowny face. It's the same thing each time.

What I've tried already:

I've done the general PC maintenance:

- Deleted Temp Files
    - Disk Cleanup
    - System Maintenance
    - Memory Diagnostic
    - Defrag Disk Drive
    - Enabled Fast Startup
    - Graphics Drivers uninstalled with DDU and reinstalled manually

The problem has persisted ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 which was roughly about a couple of months ago. It's a pain because certain games work absolutely fine, but the Blizzard Games just don't seem to agree with my system.

Would appreciate any feedback - attached is the system info.

Thanks!

-11_07_2018_181318_39.zip

:)

Mattius, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Atomic77 Win User

What Games are you playing right now?

Ive been really getting into Heroes of the storm lately. I also like playing The Sims 4 since the latest expansion pack and other blizzard games like starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

Atomic77, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Helsgarde Win User
    BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

Attachment 111574

Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently, while playing Starcraft 2, have I run into a BSOD twice with no visible warning as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell, this only ever happens with blizzard games. At first I thought it was the battle.net client, but issues have still been popping up from time to time despite ending the client while on any of the Blizzard games.

I didn't save the mini dump from either of those, but the one attached is from running windows verifier with the entire list selected. During that time I was getting the whole windows verifier IOmanager violation error.

Any help would be appreciated and please let me know if I can provide any other information.

PS: Having issues with the DM log collector, doesn't appear to be making a file when it finishes. Have attached what sysinfo and events I could below.

Attachment 111575

Helsgarde, Jul 11, 2018
  4. drade Win User

diablo 3 anyone?

Diablo 2 was a great game, I remember i'd play it all the time, get to 90 in like a mounth.

WoW is blizzards new thing, when is starcraft ghost gonna come out?

drade, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing Blizzard Games (Diablo 3, WoW, Starcraft 2) - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. Music is not playing on headphones while I’m playing Starcraft 2.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music is not playing on headphones while I’m playing Starcraft 2.: Like the title says. I have the source is YouTube on chrome and output set as my wireless headphones but it won’t play music. However If I select my laptop speaker it will play. It was working fine up to a few days ago. Windows 10 b1909 submitted by /u/TheCalamity305...
  3. BSOD errors while playing wow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors while playing wow.: I keep getting BSOD errors while playing World of Warcraft. It just started recently, and it seems like its a different error each time. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-errors-while-playing-wow/6b56f828-d5b1-4275-b505-e2ed419f9cd6
  4. Diablo 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diablo 3: Blizzard Entertainments Diablo 3 for PC has become awesome again. Patch 2.4 came out Tuesday 1/12/2016 and has some cool new features such as set dugeons and a few new zones and areas. The fun really begins when seasons return with season 5 starting on Friday the 15th. 37352
  5. Diablo 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diablo 3: Anyone besides me a Diablo 3 fanatic? 46752
  6. BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling: I had a few BSoD's while doing many different thing's such as reading forums and playing world of Warcraft. while searching the web for solutions for the BSod's none of them seem to work they normally suggest scanning the computer for both virus's and malware. updating...
  7. Random BSOD during desktop and gaming (Diablo 3)

Random BSOD during desktop and gaming (Diablo 3): Hi all, After a year of minimal usage of my desktop pc, I decided to play Diablo 3 again. However, I'm having frequent crashes, both during gameplay but also when browsing the web, or sometimes right after startup even. It's not caused by Diablo 3 as the crashes were there...
  8. BSOD playing Diablo 3 and other games after clean install of Windows10

BSOD playing Diablo 3 and other games after clean install of Windows10: Hi Forum, I have a Problem with BSOD's after I made a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday. I have had several BSOD's now within 24 hours and tried different windows repair tools (Windows Repair AIO from Tweaking.com) which didn't help. I also checked my drivers for...
  9. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it...
  10. BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game

BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game: BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game with settings on high, if I lower setting it still crashes but takes longer to crash. New install of Win10, BSOD usualy 10-15 mins into playing WOW or any 3d game Reinstalled windows , ran memtest, updated drivers , its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starcraft 2 bsod