Windows 10: BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

Discus and support BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Original post is here... All disks marked "dirty" after game crash BlueScreenView seems to point towards ntoskrnl.exe. Thank you. 75457 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dlwmacgregor, Jan 20, 2017.

1. BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

dlwmacgregor, Jan 20, 2017
  2. enord Win User

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

Hoping for some help on issues I'm having with 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' bsod.

Specifcally, the issue occurs when I play Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Have shared the .dmp on onedrivehere: 091016-4718-01.dmp

I run Windows 10 64 bit.

All help is greatly appriciated. Thank you!

enord, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Cortana search does not show up files and folders on my PC

Whenever I type a term in the Cortana search, she always searches and gives suggestions from the web. She does not detect files/folders that are in my PC.

For example, searching for "Deus ex", I would get suggestions such as "Deus ex mankind divided, Deus ex gameplay, etc" but not the wallpaper of deus ex which I have named as "Deus ex.jpg" in my PC.

What do I do?

ArunManuel, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Golden Win User

BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

There isn't anything obvious in the first few .dmp's I looked at.

Please do the following:

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours, or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier:
    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Driver Verifier will cause your computer to run very sluggishly - this is normal. What it is trying to do is force your system to BSOD and isolate the offending driver/s. When it does, reboot, disable driver verifier, reboot as normal and upload the new dmp file/s here.

Golden, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Thanks. I will do what you suggest in the next day or so.

dlwmacgregor, Jan 21, 2017
  6. I was able to force a BSOD. I have attached the dump files here.

I was checking my Event Viewer and made the changes in this thread, post #7, rebooted and got the BSOD during boot before the splash screen (asking for password) was displayed. I reset and got it again so I powered down and then up and it booted normally. The error was in BrUsbSlb.sys. I have a Brother Printer and the ink is currently low after heavy printing yesterday. I have seen the Brother Status display applet give errors before, just not a BSOD. This problem all started before I was low on ink. this may just have accelerated the original problem.

I have not run the game that started all this because I didn't know if you wanted me to do that. I can if it will help.

dlwmacgregor, Jan 25, 2017
  7. Golden Win User
    The BSOD's could be due to several issues - we'll just tackle them as they appear in the .dmp files.

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck C9, {24c, fffff80d03f90bb8, ffffaf8c39981010, 103} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BrSerIb.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BrSerIb.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BrUsbSIb.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for usbfilter.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbfilter.sys Probably caused by : BrSerIb.sys Followup: MachineOwner --------- 7: kd> lmvm brSerIb Browse full module list start end module name fffff80d`03fa0000 fffff80d`03feb000 BrSerIb T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: BrSerIb.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\BrSerIb.sys Image name: BrSerIb.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Jan 22 16:01:55 2008 (479578C3) CheckSum: 0004B454 ImageSize: 0004B000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 7: kd> lmvm BrUsbSIb Browse full module list start end module name fffff80d`03f90000 fffff80d`03f93c00 BrUsbSIb (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: BrUsbSIb.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\BrUsbSIb.sys Image name: BrUsbSIb.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Jan 22 16:01:51 2008 (479578BF) CheckSum: 00006F17 ImageSize: 00003C00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Those Brother drivers are definately outdated....update them, then run Driver Verifier again.

Software Download | Brother

Golden, Jan 26, 2017
  8. BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

Is the date of the drivers the "Timestamp"?
    If it is then I am confused.
    The dates on both files in \Windows\system32\drivers is different from that.

dlwmacgregor, Jan 26, 2017
  9. Golden Win User
    Yes it is. Here it is again, extracted from the drivers file you included in your .zip file:

Code: BrSerIb Brother MFC Serial Int Brother MFC Serial Int Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 45,056 24,576 0 1/22/2008 12:01:55 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\BrSerIb.sys 8,192 BrUsbSIb Brother MFC Serial USB Brother MFC Serial USB Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 10,368 0 1/22/2008 12:01:51 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\BrUsbSIb.sys 1,280[/quote] Im not sure whats going on with your Explorer, but the .dmp and driver file dates match.

Golden, Jan 26, 2017
  10. Im not sure whats going on with your Explorer, but the .dmp and driver file dates match.[/quote] I don't know what's going on either but I've attached a DOS file listing of those 2 files. Please tell me why the dates in the DOS listing are 1 hour earlier than the Windows listing.
    The dates are 1 hour later in the PowerShell listing than in the DOS listing.

11. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them.
    I have attached the listings.
    I will reinstate the Driver Verifier and attempt another crash.
    Shouldn't take longer than a couple of days.

12. Golden Win User
    Be sure to uninstall both of the Brother printers.

Golden, Jan 27, 2017
  13. BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

We are getting sidetracked here.
    The problem originally happened while running DeusEX:Mankind Divided and according to the dumps did not involve my Brother printers or drivers.
    I would prefer to concentrate on that aspect.
    I have played hours and hours of DeusEX on the HDD Windows 10 without a crash. The SSD is a clone of that disk.
    I originally suspected file corruption on the SSD.
    Maybe I should re-clone the HDD to the SSD and try the game again.

dlwmacgregor, Jan 27, 2017
  14. Golden Win User
    The only .dmp file that has given me any meaningful information to work with is the one that objectively identifies an issue with the Brother printer/s. Hence thats the logical trail for me to follow. That's often the case with BSOD'S, they can throw up red herrings, can be long and convoluted, and require patience, persistence and a systematic approach to solve - I think you have mistaken that for 'becoming sidetracked'. All I can do is try to unravel what I see in the .dmp files.

By all means, try another disk if you think that may help, but I think at this point I'll bow out of this thread, and wish you good luck in finding the solution. Hopefully you will get your system back to where it is working as normal.

Golden, Jan 27, 2017
  15. Thank you for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

dlwmacgregor, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

1. BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing: Hello,About 1 month ago I have built fresh PC and had no issues with it so far. I was running slight undervolt on my 4080 with stock CPU clocks and had no trouble in games like COD Vanguard, Hogwarts Legacy, Witcher 3 I was gaming for 3 hours and never had BSOD until I...
  3. BSOD while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing: Hello,About 1 month ago I have built fresh PC and had no issues with it so far. I was running slight undervolt on my 4080 with stock CPU clocks and had no trouble in games like COD Vanguard, Hogwarts Legacy, Witcher 3 I was gaming for 3 hours and never had BSOD until I...
  4. BSOD while playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD While Playing PUBG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD While Playing PUBG: When i tried to play PUBG it is freezing on the lobby and if i wait 2-3 minutes the PC giving a bluescreen. 1080p Low Quality Drivers are updated.CPU : R3 2200gGPU : RX570No OCRam 16 GB overclocked 2133 to 3000 from asus bios120 GB m.2...
  6. SSD partitions : divided space on this drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD partitions : divided space on this drive.: I'll post two images before and after. ssd Before : After : I want to restore previous state of this SSD ; as shown in first picture. So I can have more space for software , etc . 179755
  7. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  8. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  9. Failed install of Deus Ex Human Revolution

Failed install of Deus Ex Human Revolution: I install Deus Ex Human Revolution and when I tried to run the game Direct X 11 setup screen came up, and it failed. The drop down box "Resolution" and "Refresh rate" where blank. The strange thing was this game worked before I tried to install Windows 7, on the wrong drive...
  10. BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace

BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace: I have been having for a few months: random crashes, mostly while playing resource-intensive games. My first guess was a temp issue, but neither CPU or GPU temp goes above 70°C. My second guess was PSU, as I replaced an old GTX 460 with a GTX 780 a few months before the...