Windows 10: BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online

Discus and support BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please go to the system properties, where you can change the settings of the dumps. In the advanced tab click on the settings of the performance and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aDd1kTeD2Ka0s, Sep 27, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online

Please go to the system properties, where you can change the settings of the dumps.
    In the advanced tab click on the settings of the performance and then again click on advanced.
    Please make a screenshot of that screen.

2. axe0 New Member

Looks fine.
    Please do the following
    • Search services.msc and open it
    • Search Windows Error Reporting Service
    • Check the startup type

If the startup type is NOT manual, change it to manual (right click > properties).

3. It's already set to manual ...

Attachment 40172

This is pretty frustrating!!

One thing I just thought of .... I don't actually get a BSOD when the display driver crashes, it's more of a notification on the bottom right. Even in the event viewer, it's not reported as an "Error", the level is set to "Information". Could that be why?

aDd1kTeD2Ka0s, Sep 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

This is likely a bug in Windows.
    Please use the tool and upload the zip file.
    If there is any lead in the logs about the crash then we can go further.

Please make sure your Windows is up to date with the latest windows updates, I know it should be happening automatically but it wouldn't hurt to check *Smile

5. So I did some digging, and apparently for "Display Driver Has Stopped Responding" type errors, it doesn't create a Minidump, instead it generates the dump files in %SYSTEMROOT%\WATCHDOG\LiveKernelReports. Went there, and voila - there's a ton of .dmp files there!

Attaching the latest set for your reference, if it helps - Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

6. axe0 New Member
    If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.

Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online [​IMG]

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Please move some files from Y partition to increase the free space to at least 10-15%.
    Every partition needs at least 10-15% free space so Windows can do its thing in the background.

BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online [​IMG]
    Warning Less free space could cause BSOD's

When you are using your Sound Blaster, disable the other sound devices in the sound manager. If you don't do this you could have a great chance on crashes.

Please remove Razer, this program is very instable and could cause crashes.

7. BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online

8. axe0 New Member
    A quick analyse, I need to go to bed.

Use DDU to remove everything from AMD and install the drivers from the AMD site.
    The AMD drivers have been flagged.

Please make sure your GPU is clean of dust.

9. Closing out this thread, looks like there was an issue with the AMD graphics drivers for Windows. I was able to run everything just fine on an older PC running Windows 7, and also used a new nVidia 970 card on my current Windows 10 box without any problems. Closing this thread, thanks for all the help!

aDd1kTeD2Ka0s, Nov 10, 2015
  10. OP I am having the same issue. Was your solution to move to Nvidia, RMA the AMD card, or update to a different driver version?

protivakid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online - Similar Threads - BSOD While Playing

2. Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.: I spent thousands on the xbox platform when it comes to elder scrolls online. Im no longer on xbox console only pc, and the only way to access my game data is thru the microsoft server. obviously the game has yet to be listed in the "Windows Microsoft Store".meanwhile...
  3. elder scroll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    elder scroll: hello i bought a game from microsoft store on pc after installing the game does not open dew that is missing some file what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elder-scroll/1cf303de-7f19-420e-8272-2cfafc1b6a5a
  4. Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online: Hello, I am currently playing the game The Elde Scrolls Online and experience frequent crashes in a specific game mode. I contacted the Bethesda support and after a few messages back and forth they pointed out an error message in a system report I sent them and told me that...
  5. Free Play Days: The Elder Scrolls Online and Rainbow Six Siege

in Windows 10 News
    Free Play Days: The Elder Scrolls Online and Rainbow Six Siege: [ATTACH] This week, we have some exciting games to announce for the Free Play Days event! To make it even better, both games will be available for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play for a whole week. Starting today, The Elder Scrolls Online is...
  6. Play The Elder Scrolls Online Free Dec. 6-12 with Xbox Live Gold

in Windows 10 News
    Play The Elder Scrolls Online Free Dec. 6-12 with Xbox Live Gold: [ATTACH] Xbox Live Gold members can play The Elder Scrolls Online and experience Tamriel like never before during our Free Play Event! Get ready to experience an ever-expanding story in a persistent Elder Scrolls world. The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event will begin...
  7. BSOD while playing Mechwarrior Online

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Mechwarrior Online: Hello all i keep having BSOD while playing MWO, as per title. For those who dont know, MWO is a FPS with intensive graphic and network load. I would like to pinpoint the cause of the problem and be proactive towards the game developers and try and find as much as possible...
  8. BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??

BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??: I recently downloaded a new game. Elder scrolls online. I launch it, it loads then. BAM BSOD I've done my best to keep it all up to date but this hurts. Please let me know what logs you would like given reguarding my pc and I will give them 84062
  9. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver"

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver": Hello, I've been having an issue with BSODs. Usually it happens while playing a game, such as ESO or Morrowind, but sometimes it happens in other cases. The error code is "Thread Stuck in Device Driver." Since it usually happens while playing graphics-intensive games, I have...
  10. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online on higher than Low Settings: This isn't the only game I've had this issue, I have also had it on Heroes of the Storm (Which also worked on low settings) and Star Wars Battlefront Beta (Did not test on lower settings) There was no BSOD, but computer crashed and restarted so the error should be similar...