Windows 10: BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

Discus and support BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new high-end gaming PC roughly eight months ago. Most games run amazing, but every now and then I'll run into a game that causes BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickSanchezC137, Aug 3, 2020.

1. BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

Hi,

I bought a new high-end gaming PC roughly eight months ago. Most games run amazing, but every now and then I'll run into a game that causes BSOD errors. For instance, when trying to run Monster Train, my computer will freeze/crash with a BSOD "Machine Check Exception" error message. Sometimes the crash happens a few minutes into gameplay, sometimes and hour - but no matter what, it will inevitably crash.

Below is what the Reliability Monitor Report of the machine recent crash shows.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 9c

Parameter 1: 0

Parameter 2: fffff80386484b30

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18363

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

When running WhoCrashed, the report is displayed as below:

On Mon 8/3/2020 7:28:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080320-8218-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll hal+0x49B91
    Bugcheck code: 0x9C 0x0, 0xFFFFF80386484B30, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

RickSanchezC137, Aug 3, 2020
  2. David4354 Win User

Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Aug 3, 2020
  3. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone,

This BSOD has become a daily thing now and it always happens while I am playing a particular game (Skyforge). The crash is fairly random from as quick as 5 minutes to as long as couple of hours while playing the game. I noticed that 'Windowed Mode' of the
    game helps delay the BSOD but it is still disappointing as this is a relatively new system and to have BSODs at the start is just :/ I run a MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro and have not altered anything since I purchased it ~6 months ago (aside from clearing bloatwares).
    It was pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I have tried the following in sequence:

1. Updating drivers via Windows Update and via MSI Support page

2. Updating to the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver

-The following changed the BSOD from Machine Check Exception to Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal bwcW8x64.sys which relates to a variety of .sys files including but not limited to (acpiex.sys, rdyboost.sys, bwcW8x64.sys, etc.)

3. Uninstalled the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver and allowed Windows to automatically reinstall Nvidia Graphics Driver

-Back to Machine Check Exception

4. Cleaned all my fans, reseated RAM, fans are working

5. Monitored my temps, usually in the range of 40-60 (can reach 70~80 sometimes but this only lasts couple of seconds?)

6. Stressed test with Prime95 for 6 hours, no errors

7. Reinstalled Skyforge

8. Ran Driver Verifier

-Windows BSOD constantly, driver localised to hal.dll +37745 and ntoskrnl.exe (sadly I have lost the driver file because of 9)

9. Upgrade AND clean install to Windows 10

-BSOD again Machine Check Exception within minutes of game (hal.dll +364b1)

10. Please help BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception :(

BlueScreenView dump file:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

MSInfo:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I hope I have not missed out anything so that the team can help me with this issue. If there's anything else you need just let me know. You will have my eternal gratitude x

Melvin Lim_114, Aug 3, 2020
  4. BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey all,

I've gotten this error a few times now and I'm not exactly sure what's going on as I've changed nothing on my system in a very long time but it has decided that it is time to BSOD me again *Frown BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception :(

I've got the memory dump file but it's 419 mb (is it supposed to be that big?) so uploading it is not practical. Any suggestions on something I can download to decode this for me? I wish I had the foresight to take a picture of it but it restarts the computer too fast for me to think of such an idea.

Suggestions are welcome, thanks *Smile BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception :)

oh and btw: it occurs at random times. When I'm gaming, when I'm simply enjoying some pandora, when I'm playing solitaire. So it's not a load related issue.

jasper1605, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

1. BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming: I started playing world of warcraft again about a week ago and since then I have been occasionally getting BSOD machine check exception errors, but only while playing wow. Since the problem started, a couple days after i started playing wow again, I will have no issues for a...
  3. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  4. Random Machine Check Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Machine Check Exception BSOD: When I booted up my PC for the first time (after installing Windows 10) I downloaded the software I had on my old PC, as well as FireFox. Everything was fine until I got my first crash. My PC randomly froze and after around 10-15 seconds I was given a Machine Check Exception...
  5. BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll: Hello, I've been getting this type of BSOD after the last Windows November Update It Happens randomly but at least once a day I've attached my EventViewer info about the crash I could provide more info if is needed ***UPDATE***...
  6. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  7. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  8. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  9. BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

BSOD - machine check exception while gaming: Hi there, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming only. I've updated my drivers that I know of and tested my ram with memtest but still I will constantly get BSOD while playing games such as cities skylines or PUBG.I bought a new EVGA G2 PSU so that should be...
  10. BSOD when playing CSGO - Machine Check Exception

BSOD when playing CSGO - Machine Check Exception: Hello TenForums, There recently was an update for CS:GO, not everytime I get into a game my computer freezes and blue screens with the error message "Machine Check Exception". Please can someone help me out? Many thanks. 72041