Windows 10: BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code

Discus and support BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep getting a BSOD with the error code "Reference_By_Pointer" while playing Phantasy Star Online 2, I cannot seem to replicate exactly when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MatthewTuazon, Dec 19, 2020.

1. BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code

I keep getting a BSOD with the error code "Reference_By_Pointer" while playing Phantasy Star Online 2, I cannot seem to replicate exactly when it happens; but it only happens when playing the game. I have watched shows and movies for hours on end on my system and it does not replicate the issue, only when I am within the game.

I have tried a clean installation, updated drivers, booting in safe mode, removing 3rd party programs, checking my anti-virus, and making sure I'm up-to-date on Windows Updates.

Here is a link to the minidump folder immediately after the BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhCo6vx9Zqbygy7muaWSQWyCT62w?e=mdmJaK

:)

MatthewTuazon, Dec 19, 2020

2. Phantasy Star Online 2

i have done all the steps that i found to fix the problem on Microsoft but i am still getting the same error trying to install phantasy star online 2 any help would be appreciated.

***Original Title: Code: 0x800704C6 help***

icyunderworld, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Unable to play Phantasy Star Online 2

Hi SaturnX,

Got it, thanks. Now, after checking, that pso2.exe error is an exclusive game error, together with other errors & bugs of this game when it was launched, as per the official announcement by SEGA below.

https://massivelyop.com/2020/05/29/sega-apologi...

There are basic troubleshooting suggestions from the article below. Try those & see if you get to pass through that error.

https://wccftech.com/phantasy-star-online-2-win...

At this stage, I suggest it's best to get in touch with the game developers (SEGA) for further support.

PSO2 Game SEGA Support:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/36...

SEGA Support: SEGA Support - (Language Neutral)

PSO2 Game Bug Reddit Community:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grkkft/p...

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Paul A.

Independent Advisor

(Note: There are non-Microsoft websites above. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

Paul Abayon, Dec 19, 2020
  4. BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code

Phantasy Star Online 2

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to install
    Phantasy Star Online 2 on your PC and getting an error 0x800704C6.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you able to install other apps from Microsoft Store?

However, we can try a few steps and check.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Reset Microsoft Store

Refer the steps in this article: Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code

1. BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code - Similar Threads - BSOD While Playing

2. Can't even download Phantasy Star online 2.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't even download Phantasy Star online 2.: I 'vae been able to add the game from to store to My Library but I can't download it I get that stupid. "Try again later Something happened at our end." Error with not a single code or clues on what could be the mistake what so ever. It happens once I selected on which Hard...
  3. Phantasy Star Online 2 Windows Store

Phantasy Star Online 2 Windows Store: I was able to download and play Phantasy Star Online yesterday and played again this morning. I restarted the computer and the link on the desktop no longer works. The file-path on the shortcut is grayed out, so I can not seem to find the installation file location....
  4. Unable to play Phantasy Star Online 2

Unable to play Phantasy Star Online 2: Unable to play Phantasy Star Online 2 the gaming service does not appear to be running. When I try to launch, it does nothing. When I click on get more info > I'm signed in. Been troubleshooting for days now and about to give up on any games from the MS store. Even have a...
  5. Unable to download phantasy star online 2 on the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download phantasy star online 2 on the Microsoft store: Code: 0x80070003 Is all that happens when the download "finishes". Have tried resetting and reinstalling the Microsoft store but to no avail. submitted by /u/QuintessenceHD [link] [comments]...
  6. Phantasy Star Online 2

Phantasy Star Online 2: i have done all the steps that i found to fix the problem on Microsoft but i am still getting the same error trying to install phantasy star online 2 any help would be appreciated. ***Original Title: Code: 0x800704C6 help***...
  7. Phantasy star online 2 wont run and cant uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantasy star online 2 wont run and cant uninstall: Downloaded pso2. Installed and attempted to play from the launcher. launcher disappears and game does not launch. Did this about 3 or 4 times restarted twice and ran it as admin Now the game launcher doesn't even come up. I attempted to repair/reset from the start menu those...
  8. Can't download Phantasy Star Online 2

Can't download Phantasy Star Online 2: Hi! Im trying to download Phantasy Star Online 2 but im getting the 0x8007065E error on my screen after clicking on the download button. Apparently it's related to a corrupted Windows Update file, i did my best to resolve said problem but this error keeps coming back, can...
  9. Phantasy Star Online 2 Download issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Download issue: Hi all, I've been waiting for a game to release on Windows store for a while now PSO2. I had to change my location settings in Windows to find it in the store and when I want to download it I get an error message saying in need to enable Windows Update to proceed with the...
  10. Phantasy Star Online 2 Does Not Work On This Device

Phantasy Star Online 2 Does Not Work On This Device: I'm having issues downloading this specific game onto my computer. I have the necessary disk space to hold it but it doesn't seem to tell me why exactly it doesn't work. CPU: Intel I7-9750H Ram: 16GB 64 Bit operating system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen pso2 reference by pointer