Windows 10: BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days

Discus and support BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got BSOD 5 times in two days on my new computer that I built recently, the message has changed to "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR" after I've updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rivinis, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Rivinis Win User

BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days

I got BSOD 5 times in two days on my new computer that I built recently, the message has changed to "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR" after I've updated my drivers yesterday, attached is program report thingy you guys use here, thank you for your help!

:)

Rivinis, Nov 5, 2015

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection

The problem happens while I'm playing the games.

No problem starting either of the 5 games.

Problem is encountered while playing the games.

I do get a message on occasion, not all the time, indicating the video software recovered a display error.

Possibly a hardware problem? Video Card?

Herb

HerbSchranz, Nov 5, 2015
  3. can't play MKV on Lumia 540

I brought my Microsoft Lumia 540 few day ago and when I transfer MKV videos,5 of them,only two video can play while the others can't.I have already update the Video app.Is there a problem with the app or video file format?

TimothyTim, Nov 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Rivinis,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I recommend to check your software for updates as far as you can, like Norton as it uses a few old drivers.

Please remove ASUS software AI Suite 3, it is known for causing BSOD's as it does for you.
    The ASUS Charger driver, a driver that comes with AI Suite 3 is causing you BSOD's.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AiChargerPlus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AiChargerPlus.sys[/quote] The Nvidia Video driver is also being flagged.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`fff00000 fffff801`009f7000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Mon Nov 02 13:59:49 2015 (56375E45) CheckSum: 00AC236B ImageSize: 00AF7000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] As has this, for me unknown, driver.
    This driver is not on your system, either you have removed the software as the dump is from yesterday or you are missing this driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AndroidAFDx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AndroidAFDx64.sys[/quote]

axe0, Nov 5, 2015
  5. Rivinis Win User
    Hey, thanks man, I did all you said and still had three BSOD in the past two days. What else do you think it could be? I attached a new report thingy today. Thank you!

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
  6. Rivinis Win User
    Here are my system specs if it helps:
    Intel I7-6700k
    EVGA GTX 980ti
    Asus VIII Hero
    Samsung 850 PRO x2
    Western Digital Black 2GB
    Corsair Dominator 32GB
    Corsair H80I
    Corsair HX750i (could it be the PSU? Is 750W enough for my system?)
    Logitech gaming gear & Dell Ultrasharp monitors

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall Norton while troubleshooting
    Uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool
    Code: ffffd000`24edeb60 fffff801`5714b501Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NSx64\1605040.018\SRTSP64.SYS, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SRTSP64.SYS *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SRTSP64.SYS SRTSP64+0x3b50 ffffd000`24fdc1b8 fffff801`a756888bUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NSx64\1605040.018\SYMNETS.SYS, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS SYMNETS+0x1888b[/quote] Please update your Intel Ethernet driver
    Intel Download Center
    Code: ffffd001`8a7f1888 fffff800`2de5c136Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d65x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d65x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1d65x64.sys e1d65x64+0x1c136 4: kd> lmvm e1d65x64 start end module name fffff800`2de40000 fffff800`2dec5000 e1d65x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: e1d65x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d65x64.sys Image name: e1d65x64.sys Timestamp: Thu Jun 18 18:37:56 2015 (5582F3E4) CheckSum: 0008FF35 ImageSize: 00085000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days [​IMG]
    Note The Nvidia graphics drivers have also been flagged multiple times
    Please use DDU and try installing different versions of the graphics drivers.

Old drivers:
    Code: SiUSBXp Fri Jul 16 00:27:13 2010 (4c3f8b41) SiUSBXp.sys ScpVBus Sun May 05 23:31:26 2013 (5186cfae) ScpVBus.sys ccSetx64 Tue Sep 24 05:58:04 2013 (52410dcc) ccSetx64.sys // norton ccSetx64 Mon Aug 18 21:33:11 2014 (53f254f7) ccSetx64.sys // norton SRTSPX64 Tue Aug 26 08:36:42 2014 (53fc2afa) SRTSPX64.SYS // norton[/quote] Update links:
    Driver Reference Table - SiUSBXp.sys
    Driver Reference Table - ScpVBus.sys

8. Rivinis Win User

Hi again, thanks for the reply, do you want me to uninstall Norton and rerun the troubleshooting and upload a new file?

I installed the newest Nvidia drivers yesterday, should I downgrade to an older one?

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
  9. Rivinis Win User
    Could it be a hardware problem? I built my PC myself, and I am afraid I made a mistake.

Also, should I update the motherboard BIOS? I found a new version on their website

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Many questions, some are things one would think about very quickly.

I would like to see you using Windows Defender while troubleshooting, no logs required until another BSOD.

Please try different versions of the drivers.

What mistake do you mean exactly? As it looks like for me right now, there is a small chance this is hardware related.

For now it isn't yet needed to update your BIOS, you may of course try it.

11. Rivinis Win User
    What do you mean "one would think about very quickly"? Are you saying I'm stupid? I'm just.. less knowledgeable than you BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days :p
    Thanks for baring up with me, this computer costed me a year's savings, and I am afraid I screwed up something.

I ONLY get the BSOD while playing video games here are my thoughts:
    1- The GPU is not getting enough power (750W should be enough, I am using one PCI-E cable with two heads instead of two separate ones, could it be that?)
    2- Windows 10 related (DirectX 12 or something)
    3- My 980ti is ****ed

What are your thoughts on my thoughts?

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    I mean that someone who isn't really experienced with troubleshooting would think about that very quickly, I know I would.

What games are you playing?

You could have 1500W PSU but still have problems, there are several other things to look at, like some values in the BIOS, 3.3v, 5v and 12v for example

13. Rivinis Win User

I usually fix my problems myself (I'm a CSE major), but this time I couldn't after I spent hours trying to figure it out, so I really appreciate your help!

At the moment I am playing Fallout 4, GTA 5, and League of Legends, wanna join me? BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days :p

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Lol, I don't play those games.

What does CSE mean?

Please boot into your BIOS and let me know what the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values are.

15. Rivinis Win User
    Which video game do you play? Or is it not your thing?

Computer Systems Engineering, mostly programming and circuits, I am still a sophomore though.

The values are:
    12 = 12.096
    5 = 5.040
    3 = 3.312

Rivinis, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD While playing Video Games / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While playing Video Games / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard...
  3. BSOD While playing Video Games

BSOD While playing Video Games: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard drive and Memtest with...
  4. Random BSODS while playing wow these past 5 days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSODS while playing wow these past 5 days: Did an update happen or something?I've had no issues for 4+ months playing warhammer totalwar/blackdesert and others game but since 3-4 days ago I've gotten like 3 BSODS on wow. The wierd thing is they dont happen immediatly but hours later. Temps are fine.Clean...
  5. BSOD past day while playing games

BSOD past day while playing games: Hopefully I can get some help =) 81168
  6. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  7. Random BSOD while playing video games

Random BSOD while playing video games: Hello guys, Before some weeks a friend gave me his Pc. So i format it and installed Windows 7, but it couldnt find any updates and got stuck in an endless search (already there i had 2 bluescreens). I solved this problem, through installing Win 10. The BOSD are quite...
  8. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  9. BSOD from time to time while playing games

BSOD from time to time while playing games: Hello all, I have a problem when playing certain games- I get crash caused by atikmpag.sys. Before that I had problem with atikmdag.sys. Sometimes I can play few days without crash, sometimes i get a crash. For example, in gta 4 i get a crash after 2mins. GPU is MSI...
  10. BSOD while playing video games.

BSOD while playing video games.: So I've been having bsod problems for the past month or so and they seem to always happen when I'm playing games, mainly Ark:Survival evolved and Overwatch. It doesn't happen after a few minutes or anything but after a long gaming session like 5-8 hours it would bsod. Here is...