Windows 10: BSOD while playing world of warcraft

Discus and support BSOD while playing world of warcraft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aussiejohn, Nov 12, 2016.

1. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a corrupt windows instillation so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 the other day and I have had a few BSOD they seem fairly random and not only when I'm playing games I missed the error code on the last crash but I will get it if I BSOD again I have attached the file with dxdiag etc
    Thanks in advance for any help on this issue

:)

Aussiejohn, Nov 12, 2016

2. Random browser windows keep popping up.

Have tried malwarebytes, superantispyware, and avast. I may have narrowed it down to a malicious file inside World of Warcraft and battle.net because it always starts up while I'm playing.

MatthewEzell, Nov 12, 2016
  3. BSoD - Video Schedule Internal Error.

It only happens while playing world of warcraft (I have no other games on my laptop), it does not happen when not gaming. The problem is quite annoying.

The nvidia driver should be up to date, and I have lowered all the settings in the game.

Just got two more BSoD's (video schedule internal error):

Shared favorites

Appreciate all help.

Petter_121, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD while playing world of warcraft

No symbols available for build 14393.447 unfortunately so I can't get any useful info out of the dump. This is a Microsoft problem that they need to fix.

Code: ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location Deferred SRV*G:\Symbols Symbol search path is: SRV*G:\Symbols Executable search path is: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 Kernel Version 14393 MP (4 procs) Free x64 Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by: 14393.447.amd64fre.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100 Machine Name: Kernel base = 0xfffff803`cd691000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff803`cd996060 Debug session time: Sat Nov 12 07:47:08.375 2016 (UTC - 5:00) System Uptime: 0 days 18:21:56.062 Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe[/quote]

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2016
  5. I did a fresh install of windows 10 and have crashed twice since here is a who crashed report i hope this helps find the issue

On Thu 17/11/2016 5:05:32 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111716-3875-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFF25B357A4, 0x0, 0x2033, 0xFFFFC90159482B00)
    Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 17/11/2016 5:05:32 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFF25B357A4, 0x0, 0x2033, 0xFFFFC90159482B00)
    Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Aussiejohn, Nov 16, 2016
  6. also here is a new DM log done today

Aussiejohn, Nov 16, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    The file reveals the following:
    Code: BugCheck 1, {7fff25b357a4, 0, 2033, ffffc90159482b00} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExitPico+194 )[/quote] Bugcheck 1 is an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1) but I am not very familiar with this.

All I can suggest is that you try to run Driver Verifier to see if it will reveal any drivers that are misbehaving. This is not for the faint-hearted so if you are not familiar with this read through the following tutorial and note all the warnings. Make sure you have created restore points and backups. Do not run for more than about 24 hrs as that should be long enough to pick up any driver errors and then post back with the results.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/enable-and-disable-driver-verifier-in-windows-10.1301/

philc43, Nov 16, 2016
  8. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

thanks Phil i will run that later today when i get home

Aussiejohn, Nov 16, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Phil, are you able to read the dump and get good symbol resolution? All I get is symbol erros.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    The symbol server was playing up at first but eventually I started to get some meaningful results.

philc43, Nov 17, 2016
  11. i've been running driver varifier for 12 hours so far no crash i'm about to go to bed ill leave it running overnight, is there anything else i can try if this doesn't help?

Aussiejohn, Nov 17, 2016
  12. I ran driver varifier for 20 hours no BSOD at all

Aussiejohn, Nov 17, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

The 11/13 4:123 dump indicates a problem with your Nvidia driver or card:
    Code: ffffa001`ed42f338 fffff80d`89778e01*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x8c8e01[/quote] There is a 375.95 version available from the Nvidia web site. Ple3ase follow these directions and give it a try, see if that helps:

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Nov 18, 2016
  14. I had already downloaded 375.70 the other day (using DDU) but i will update now, one of the blizzard reps thought the GTX 970 may have had a memory issue and causing my ingame crashes but i tried my sons AMD card and was still getting them so we ruled that out

Aussiejohn, Nov 19, 2016
  15. Just got another BSOD just now this is the whocrashed report
    On Sun 20/11/2016 1:52:11 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112016-3640-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801CE1E8BDE, 0xFFFF96817075AD50, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sun 20/11/2016 1:52:11 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801CE1E8BDE, 0xFFFF96817075AD50, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

and also a fresh DM log just after the pc restarted
    again thanks in advance for any help with this

Aussiejohn, Nov 19, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing world of warcraft - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  3. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  4. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: When playing World of Warcraft my game crashes randomly. Sometimes resulting in a BSOD like this. Minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkRIjjX48IYVgo1-AZWkmnlKdvisYQ?e=YXrNJD Please help me resolve this! I do not know which driver is causing this issue. I have checked windows...
  6. Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft

Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft: Hello, My new computer has been frequently experiencing crashes/BSOD while playing World of Warcraft WoW - Classic. The problem has been occurring for about 3 weeks now and I have made various unsuccessful attempts to solve the problem. At this point I am most interested...
  7. Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft: I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time. Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Other times: KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Any help is appreciated. Ive been having this problem for month and I'm at my...
  8. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: Can anyone analyze this and tell me what driver was the issue? EDIT 2: Uploaded using the BSOD tool from this forum in case the below doesn't work EDIT: New dump: 123115-13015-01.rar - Google Drive 35815
  9. BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,

BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,: Just this past week I have been getting windows 10 crashes, either at launch or just entering World of Warcraft. I have over 20 tickets with gm's of the game and they have now told me that they have exhausted all their efforts in attempts to help. I pretty much tried...
  10. BSOD World of Warcraft

BSOD World of Warcraft: Hard to put a finger on this BSOD, as it seems like it happens at random, but most of the time when playing World of Warcraft. Also the BSOD is different every time it seems, Mostly Memory Management. Also when it crashes sometimes it has trouble starting back up. But if I...