Windows 10: BSOD while pluging micro hdmi - system_service_exception (ks.sys)

Discus and support BSOD while pluging micro hdmi - system_service_exception (ks.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi guys, i have a asus tablet t100ha with windows 10 that works great but when i plug the hdmi to my tv i get a BSOD system_service_exception... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Richydoe, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Richydoe Win User

BSOD while pluging micro hdmi - system_service_exception (ks.sys)

hi guys,

i have a asus tablet t100ha with windows 10 that works great but when i plug the hdmi to my tv i get a BSOD system_service_exception (ks.sys) and computer restarts. if i keep the hdmi in i get the same BSOD after the asus logo and it keeps restarting. i was able to locate the conflicted service and it is the audio windows service. if i stop the service then i can plug the hdmi and use my tv as a monitor without problems but there is no sound so it is worthless. i need help to find out what can i do to fix this. *cry
    Attachment 93643

:)

Richydoe, Aug 1, 2016

2. [FIXED]Sound Issues - No Bass, Music Quality Bad

I had the same problem, but until micro fixes it,what I did was with hdmi cable to tv from lap top and listen to music on line with head phones pluged into tv and it sounds great - jeff

jeffwolfe704, Aug 1, 2016
  3. A_Sameh Win User
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys)

i was using multiple things such as browser , adobe reader and intellij IDE . suddenly death screens appeared with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION , what failed : "ks.sys" .

A_Sameh, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 8/1 12:25 dump indicates a problem with isstrtc.sys:
    Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800d62ef660, ffffd00183a818f0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for isstrtc.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for isstrtc.sys Probably caused by : ks.sys ( ks!KspPinPropertyHandler+1f0 )[/quote] This belongs to Intel(R) SST Audio Driver which makes sense as you are having audio problems.
    I believe this is part of the Intel SOC driver package. There is a newer one on the ASUS web site

Attachment 93777

Give that a try, see if it resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Richydoe Win User
    This belongs to Intel(R) SST Audio Driver which makes sense as you are having audio problems.
    I believe this is part of the Intel SOC driver package. There is a newer one on the ASUS web site

Attachment 93777

Give that a try, see if it resolves the problem.[/quote] that soc driver package has the same version that i have installed. i looked online and i have the latest version. i also tried installing an older version and i got a different BSOD when i plugged the micro hdmi. this time it said "page_fault_nonpaged_area_ks.sys).
    any ideas?

Richydoe, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Richydoe Win User
    after your advice, i installed the newer video drivers and still the same BSOD. so i kept looking online and i found that a lot of people has that problem when they try to connect their t100s to a vizio tv. the problem is the isstrtc.sys. so i tried with my other non-vizio tv and boom it worked. however, there is a fix that i found for the vizio tvs. somebody uploaded a specific audio driver to fix that BSOD but it is only 32 bits. i installed in my wife's t100ta which has windows 10 32 bits and now it works with the vizio tv. unfortunately, my computer is a t100ha and the OS is 64 bits so i cannot use that fix. crazy right?

Richydoe, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Great work!

Can you post a link to the info you found and to the fix? Might help someone else.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while pluging micro hdmi - system_service_exception (ks.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD while pluging

2. BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Am having 1-2 times per week BSOD with same notice:Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: igdkmdnd64.sysThis is a relatively new Inspiron 7506 2n1 w/ souped up specs talking to a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock and a pair of Dell S2421HS 1920 x 1080 monitors via...
  3. Random BSoD while gaming - "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

Random BSoD while gaming - "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": Greetings to the community! I recently bought PC parts, I kept only my SSD and HDD drives, and the GPU from my old pc. My PC will sometimes crash to a BSoD, and when I say crash, just yesterday it happend 5 times, in a 2 hour session while playing Fallout 4, issue that...
  4. BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games

BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games: Getting a BSOD about 10 minutes after starting a game. Seems to happen most consistently with Fortnite. Computer runs fine otherwise. Updated my video card drivers as well as windows and the issue hasn't been resolved. Have also tried a system restore but this only seems to...
  5. BSOD System_Service_Exception (Netio.SYS) while gaming

BSOD System_Service_Exception (Netio.SYS) while gaming: My wife gets this when playing any game or while trying to boot up said game. Sometimes it does it sometimes not. I have looked up some stuff for it & have already tried uninstilling nvidia network adapter & i believe mcafee (it came w/ the laptop). Thank You in advanced....
  6. system_service_exception dxgmms2.sys while i play Tree of Life

system_service_exception dxgmms2.sys while i play Tree of Life: Well, my computer is while giving blue screen of death when I open a game " Tree of life " , I play for a while and walk around the map and my computer freezes and blue screen, no longer know what to do, uninstalled and installed again the video drivers and nothing , what can...
  7. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...
  8. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...
  9. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing: Hi there, My PC is getting random BSODS while playing. I tested RAM with Memtest86 but no errors were found. Also reinstalling Windows from a scratch didn't help so any help would be deeply appreciated.*Smile All the neccesary info is attached. 43792
  10. BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION): Hi all, I've been getting a BSOD kind of randomly the past few days. It happened twice today and a few other times this week. Seems to be kind of random, but usually I'm browsing web and running some other apps in background when it happens. Any help would be appreciated....