Windows 10: BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe)

Discus and support BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a huge problem. For several weeks now ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, whenever I try to torrent something, my Laptop is crashing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brandonheat, Nov 25, 2015.

1. BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe)

Hello. I have a huge problem. For several weeks now ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, whenever I try to torrent something, my Laptop is crashing and getting the blue screen of death, caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe+14f4d0. I searched and tried several fixes but it still didn't solve the problem. This is only happening when I'm using any torrent software. It never happened before when I had Windows 7 and now it's driving me crazy. Below should be the .zip folder, hope someone can help me fix this problem, thanks!

:)

brandonheat, Nov 25, 2015

2. BSOD when running utorrent (dmp info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA; caused by ntoskrnl.exe)

One Drive Link to the dump file: 123115-3843-01.dmp

I installed win10 a few months ago and never had major problems. I used to use vuze for torrent downloading but the app starts to crash recently, so I tried uTorrent today. Then, every time I was downloading sth, after a while, I will get a BSOD. I use bluescreenview
    and found that it was caused by driver "ntoskrnl.exe". I'm attaching the dmp file for your reference. Thanks for any help!

YuningZhang, Nov 25, 2015
  3. BSOD error due to ntoskrnl.exr

I have recently upgraded my hard disk to SSD and did a fresh install of windows 10. I have to get BSOD error "Page Fault in non-paged area" most likely when I was running a torrent.

Link to the dump file: Dropbox - 102516-6859-01.dmp

I don't think this would be an issue with hardware/RAM. Could this also be caused by the fact that I have Kaspersky installed as antivirus

Bug check code: 0x00000050

Bug Check String: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+14a2c0

AyushChordia, Nov 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe)

BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe) [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Tweakbit Driver Updater, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

The 8 most recent crashes are all caused by the Dell wireless network driver.
    Please check your manufacturer, Dell, for driver updates.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys 2: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a start end module name fffff800`67710000 fffff800`6843d000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Timestamp: Sat Sep 19 09:42:15 2015 (55FD11D7) CheckSum: 00B32FCA ImageSize: 00D2D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Thanks for your reply.

I recently got Tweakbit Driver cause it was recommended on microsoft or dell website, I forgot which one of the two, to try and fix this problem and after using it, the problem was still there, before and after getting Tweakbit, so I don't think the problem lies with it. I don't know if it's good or bad tho, but since you suggested to remove it, then I will. I will also remove all the drivers it installed in my system.

I suspected as much that the problem lied within the Dell wireless network driver, though I still don't know why. I got an older version of it atm, and it didn't crash so far.. but I'll keep this thread updated for now until it crashes again (I hope it doesn't tho *Smile)

brandonheat, Nov 25, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    It doesn't matter if Tweakbit is causing it, just remove it for the safety of your system stability.
    Microsoft has and will never recommend software for updating drivers, manufacturers also never will.
    Manufacturers alter the drivers which makes you forced to install their drivers, if they recommend software for it the manufacturer will loose traffic on the site and customers.

7. Well, it seems the problem has been solved because it's been a day and I used uTorrent a lot to test it out, and unlike before which gave me the BSOD after a couple of hours or instantly, I got none of it ever since I changed the version of my wireless driver.

However, I have another problem now (they can't stop coming can they?), but it's not related to BSOD, it's related to my DVD drive which keeps failing to burn stuff. I'll have to take that to another section. Thanks for the help tho.

brandonheat, Nov 26, 2015
  8. yury Win User

Hi! I have the same issue. Can you please tell your current wireless driver version?

9. axe0 New Member
    Please read How to upload files

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe) - Similar Threads - BSOD while Torrenting

2. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  5. BSOD while using torrent

BSOD while using torrent: Hello. I'm not that knowledgeable in IT, so please be patient with me. (Windows 10) Log: Dropbox - LAPTOP-V0QLQ451-(2020-11-11_00-07-25).zip - Simplify your life Since this morning I've been having repeatedly BSOD with written BAD POOL CALLER. After trying all the tutorial...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive: Hello, title says it all. Basically I was torrenting a large file to an external hard drive. For many hours, it worked fine, and while I was using the laptop, it was just for listening to music. It was the only torrent I was downloading during the time and I wasnt seeding...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD only while torrenting

BSOD only while torrenting: Hello, I had posted previously here: HTML Code: "]Windows 10 Help Forums . It's not my intention to begin a new thread, but I'm not sure with how old that one is that it will get visibility. It was brought to my attention (thanks @axe0!) that I was using a pirated...
  10. BSOD only while torrenting

BSOD only while torrenting: Here are my logs, as well as the system specs from CPU-Z. I have narrowed the problem down to ONLY when I am torrenting - doesn't matter what it is, that's the only time I can reproduce the problem. What I've done: - chkdsk on all 5 of my drives, no problems -...
Tags: