Windows 10: BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

Discus and support BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, title says it all. Basically I was torrenting a large file to an external hard drive. For many hours, it worked fine, and while I was using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/caerin_68, Nov 24, 2019.

1. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

Hello, title says it all. Basically I was torrenting a large file to an external hard drive. For many hours, it worked fine, and while I was using the laptop, it was just for listening to music.

It was the only torrent I was downloading during the time and I wasnt seeding anything, but suddenly i got a BSOD. This is the first time it has happened to this latop. The error was MEMORY MANAGEMENT.

I tried to remove the hard drive and recover the laptop but for some reason after running chkdsk the computer starts up but boots to a black screen... I have tried to reset the PC but it said that the PC could not be reset.

Has anyone had similar issues before? Does anyone know any ways to fix it or is all my data gone forever?

submitted by /u/caerin_68
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/caerin_68, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 24, 2019
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 24, 2019
  4. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

1. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive - Similar Threads - BSOD while torrenting

2. External hard drive while computer hibernated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive while computer hibernated: Must USB Hard Drives remain connected to the computer when it hibernates? If they can be disconnected must they be reconnected before the computer is awakened?...
  3. External hard drive while computer hibernated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive while computer hibernated: Must USB Hard Drives remain connected to the computer when it hibernates? If they can be disconnected must they be reconnected before the computer is awakened?...
  4. External hard drive while computer hibernated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD while using torrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using torrent: Hello. I'm not that knowledgeable in IT, so please be patient with me. (Windows 10) Log: Dropbox - LAPTOP-V0QLQ451-(2020-11-11_00-07-25).zip - Simplify your life Since this morning I've been having repeatedly BSOD with written BAD POOL CALLER. After trying all the tutorial...
  6. External hard drive giving BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive giving BSOD: when i plug in my passport ultra 1 tb drive it is giving me the BSOD and when I plug it into another computer it is giving me the same thing. the error message is: 5/22/2020 11:13 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name:...
  7. Stuck on BSOD with external hard drive attached

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on BSOD with external hard drive attached: I was processing raw image files from an external hard drive when my screen went completely black. After a few seconds, I got the BSOD for the first time ever. It has been sitting at 100% complete for about 20 minutes. The fan is making a lot of noise (it's usually silent)....
  8. BSOD only while torrenting

BSOD only while torrenting: Hello, I had posted previously here: HTML Code: "]Windows 10 Help Forums . It's not my intention to begin a new thread, but I'm not sure with how old that one is that it will get visibility. It was brought to my attention (thanks @axe0!) that I was using a pirated...
  9. BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe)

BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe): Hello. I have a huge problem. For several weeks now ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, whenever I try to torrent something, my Laptop is crashing and getting the blue screen of death, caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe+14f4d0. I searched and tried several fixes but it still...
  10. BSOD only while torrenting

BSOD only while torrenting: Here are my logs, as well as the system specs from CPU-Z. I have narrowed the problem down to ONLY when I am torrenting - doesn't matter what it is, that's the only time I can reproduce the problem. What I've done: - chkdsk on all 5 of my drives, no problems -...