Windows 10: BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

Discus and support BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was attempting to install the Bluetooth software from Acer like @Plankton and others said to do, and while installing the driver, the computer blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 31, 2017.

1. BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

I was attempting to install the Bluetooth software from Acer like @Plankton and others said to do, and while installing the driver, the computer blue screened. Below is the dump logs.

CINDY-PC-Tue_10_31_2017_203902_10.zip

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 31, 2017
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Blue Screen of Death

Device Manager didn't give me a newer driver. I wen to X450LC Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global and not surprising, no new drivers because this device was manufactured 4 years ago and ASUS is no longer actively supporting it.

I still managed to find a newer version of ASUS Wireless Radio Control driver by goolging and installed it.

Ran verifier again. This time another BSOD with
    DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION: rtbth.sys (Ralink Bluetooth Adapter driver)

Device Manager hide Ralink Bluetooth Adapter driver, so I had to unhide it. Device Manager still said no new driver. Bluetooth on this device was broken since last year, so I just disabled this in Device Manager instead of trying to find a new driver.

Ran verifier again. This time another BSOD with DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION: chdrt64.sys

What to do?

Rong Jie, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Multiple BSODs with differen't errors

The verified dump was new. I hadn't removed the old driver first, just updated it with the new driver download. I have now uninstalled the bluetooth driver through device manager and am running without it. Should I try the verifier again or just wait to
    see if the computer crashes again?

Edit: The computer crashed again with a BSOD, without the bluetooth drivers. Minidump attached below.

MoreNewDMPs

LewisLight74, Oct 31, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

Temporary remove Norton.

Thema:

BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

1. BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager - Similar Threads - BSOD while trying

2. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  3. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  4. Bluetooth driver is missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver is missing from device manager: Hi , I have a Asus All in One PC ZN270IE Yesterday , my bluetooth just stopped working out of sudden, and I discovered the bluetooth driver is now missing from my PC's device manager I have downloaded and installed the latest BT driver from Asus, but its still not...
  5. Bluetooth driver code 45 in device manager

Bluetooth driver code 45 in device manager: I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. One day while I was working without updating or restarting or anything they both dropped connection. I went to settings and the toggle for Bluetooth was gone. But all the devices were there. I did a search and found out how...
  6. Internal Bluetooth detected in device manager,but cant install drivers

Internal Bluetooth detected in device manager,but cant install drivers: I have seen this problem come up a lot , but the problem still hasn't been solved . My internal Bluetooth device shows up in my device manager under other devices , but i cant install any drivers . the driver it had was Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter , when trying to...
  7. No bluetooth driver in device manager

No bluetooth driver in device manager: I tried to turn Bluetooth on and off and then the switch icon was no longer there I looked in device manager even under hidden devices but there is no Bluetooth icons anywhere....
  8. Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager

Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager: Bluetooth not working- the devices get paired but not connected, and the windows HFP audio device 97 driver was first not configured properly, then got uninstalled, and now is completely missing from Device Manger, and other devices missing tab is completely missing from...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. BSOD while installing a driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while installing a driver: I was trying to install a driver to see if the performance would increase. It crashed my system. Also, a crash occurred yesterday and the day before yesterday. Attachment 60166 38349