Windows 10: BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

Discus and support BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was attempting to install the Bluetooth software from Acer like @Plankton and others said to do, and while installing the driver, the computer blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 31, 2017.

1. BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

I was attempting to install the Bluetooth software from Acer like @Plankton and others said to do, and while installing the driver, the computer blue screened. Below is the dump logs.

CINDY-PC-Tue_10_31_2017_203902_10.zip

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 31, 2017
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Blue Screen of Death

Device Manager didn't give me a newer driver. I wen to X450LC Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global and not surprising, no new drivers because this device was manufactured 4 years ago and ASUS is no longer actively supporting it.

I still managed to find a newer version of ASUS Wireless Radio Control driver by goolging and installed it.

Ran verifier again. This time another BSOD with
    DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION: rtbth.sys (Ralink Bluetooth Adapter driver)

Device Manager hide Ralink Bluetooth Adapter driver, so I had to unhide it. Device Manager still said no new driver. Bluetooth on this device was broken since last year, so I just disabled this in Device Manager instead of trying to find a new driver.

Ran verifier again. This time another BSOD with DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION: chdrt64.sys

What to do?

Rong Jie, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Multiple BSODs with differen't errors

The verified dump was new. I hadn't removed the old driver first, just updated it with the new driver download. I have now uninstalled the bluetooth driver through device manager and am running without it. Should I try the verifier again or just wait to
    see if the computer crashes again?

Edit: The computer crashed again with a BSOD, without the bluetooth drivers. Minidump attached below.

MoreNewDMPs

LewisLight74, Oct 31, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

Temporary remove Norton.

Thema:

BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

1. BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager - Similar Threads - BSOD while trying

2. I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...: I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard by uninstalling it through the device manager. After doing so, it says I need to restart my computer. I do so, but it seems to reinstall the driver when it starts up, so it is still working. I've tried turning off Window's...
  3. No Audio through Bluetooth Devices

No Audio through Bluetooth Devices: My various bluetooth audio devices (JT Labs JBUDS Pro, JBL Everest 300 Headphones and Sony SRX-11 Speaker) will pair and connect. However, no audio plays through the devices. When I first pair the JBUDS Pro, it will play 2-3 seconds of audio and cut out, 5 seconds after that...
  4. Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager

Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager: Bluetooth not working- the devices get paired but not connected, and the windows HFP audio device 97 driver was first not configured properly, then got uninstalled, and now is completely missing from Device Manger, and other devices missing tab is completely missing from...
  5. Updating drivers through device manager

Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  6. No Realtek Drivers In Device Manager And Unable To Install The Drivers.

No Realtek Drivers In Device Manager And Unable To Install The Drivers.: Hello I have a HP Phoenix that I recently reset and now has no sound. I looked through a thousand forums and found that I need realtek for windows 10. looked everywhere to find it.. ( not in control panel, not in device manager or hidden devices,) finally found the folder in...
  7. Error while trying to Install an Asus Driver

Error while trying to Install an Asus Driver: I've been trying to install this driver since I reinstalled Windows 10 Home because an error. The driver is ASUS Smart Gesture. [ATTACH] The driver is for the Touch Pad on ASUS Laptops. I've tried with different versions of it, Can anyone please help me?...
  8. BSOD while installing a driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while installing a driver: I was trying to install a driver to see if the performance would increase. It crashed my system. Also, a crash occurred yesterday and the day before yesterday. Attachment 60166 38349
  9. BSOD running Sena Bluetooth Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD running Sena Bluetooth Device Manager: So I have a bluetooth device made by Sena for my motorcycle helmet. The firmware for the device is updated using the software here: Sena Device Manager & Software Update | Sena I have the x64 edition for my Surface Pro 3. It installs fine, but when it starts to detect...
  10. no bluetooth in device manager

no bluetooth in device manager: i have acer aspire 4750G with intel core i5. when i upgraded to windows 10, it didn't trace bluetooth device in device manager. 34462