Windows 10: BSOD while using Google chrome

Discus and support BSOD while using Google chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; its said there no new driver. also 2) sfc /scannow 3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth dind't find anything. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Morty, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Morty Win User

BSOD while using Google chrome

its said there no new driver.
    also
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    dind't find anything.

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

Let us know your progress with chkdsk /scan, turning off Windows fast startup, Windows updates.

What questions if any do you have about Windows driver verifier?

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  3. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately driver verifier is necessary. Chrome is a program that doesn't need admin rights to run. Only the things that run with admin rights can cause a system to crash.

4. Morty Win User

its only find my wacom tablet driver but its ok since the latest driver in wacom page is 2015. i turned off fast startup since i have this pc.
    i read some forum when you oc the cpu in idle caused bsod if the cpu power saving settings on in the bios. so i disabled c-state, c1e support . i report tomorrow if it was the problem and also run 8 hour driver verifier.

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Were there any problems seen on chkdsk /scan?
    Back up your files.
    Make a Macrium image of your drive.
    Create a restore point.
    See this link so that you are optimally configured to save *.dmp files: BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community
    There are two methods in which you can turn off Windows driver verifier. See the two links provided. One is using startup options > restart > select #6 safe mode with command prompt (verifier /reset) and the other is via command prompt with Administrator X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe (verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail). If you use restore it is likely there will be no *.dmp file. On the bsod window it will display a stop code typically driver verifier detected violation. Sometimes it will display the misbehaving driver. If you see it please record it.
    Practice using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu: open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    Download and install Bluescreenview and Whocrashed.
    When you reboot after each bsod and are back on the desktop run each to find the misbehaving driver.
    Uninstall misbehaving drivers using the control panel or device manager.
    You can use Windwos driver verifier to keep uninstalling misbehaving drivers or you can reinstall after each uninstall. That is personal preference. The result should be the same, the elimination of misbehaving drivers.
    Update the zip file with the bsod *.dmp files and we will debug them and guide you through the process.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please run driver verifier according to the second post of this thread.

7. Morty Win User
    im back finished almost 24h driver verifier no crash,bsod so far. look's like it was memory voltage(i forget to set manual the vram because using xmp profile) and the cpu power saving settings in bios make the oc unstable.
    and also found the wacom tablet driver only support up to win8 so i unistalled it.
    my quest what driver do update in the mobo site?

only installed the Intel chipset, lan driver 1-2month old same the realtek audio. (do i need update something like "Intel Management Engine" orASMedia USB driver?),

Morty, Jul 6, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Please show the menu with tests that you had used for the windows driver verifier

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  9. Morty Win User
    here's the pic i use the recommended settings:

Morty, Jul 7, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    All drivers that are non-Microsoft should be checked.
    Please post an image of the windows driver verifer customized tests used

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  11. Morty Win User
    i click these three what you recommended me in the second post:

• I/O Verification
    • Force pending I/O requests
    • IRP logging

Morty, Jul 7, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Those 3 are fine.
    axe0 just wanted those 3.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while using Google chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome: I need some help. The BSOD issues have been appearing frequently in the past couple weeks while I had Google Chrome tabs opened. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't show any issues however. Is this a memory issue? I have found the dumps files and here's the link to...
  3. Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome: I need some help. The BSOD issues have been appearing frequently in the past couple weeks while I had Google Chrome tabs opened. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't show any issues however. Is this a memory issue? I have found the dumps files and here's the link to...
  4. Bsods while using chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods while using chrome.: Hi, I have had alot off Bsods while using chrome lately. Most of the time it's when i'm watching something on netflix. Usually different bsod: error messages. Tried a couple of things but haven't solved it, here is a dmp file and a speccy file. Any help is appreciated. :)...
  5. BSOD usually while using Google Chrome, what failed: vuhub.sys

BSOD usually while using Google Chrome, what failed: vuhub.sys: Hello TenForums, I have had a couple BSODs but were all posting different stop codes and 'what failed' files usually while browsing the internet with Google Chrome. The most recent stop code was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA with 'what failed' was vuhub.sys. Please see...
  6. BSOD whe I use Google Chrome

BSOD whe I use Google Chrome: I keep getting the BSOD when I'm using Google Chrome, which will suddenly stop responding and then my computer will crash. This happens even if I have only one or two tabs open. The stop code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says Netwtw04.sys is what failed. Thank you...
  7. Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome

Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome: Hello all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months now. I was browsing the web today and watching Twitch.tv while I suddenly received a BSOD with the error message "Bad_Pool_Caller" in it. This is the first time I've received a BSOD on this laptop so far, but I have had a...
  8. BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome

BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome: Hey! My HP OMEN 15 (2016) recently crashed. It was the first time after 2-3 months, not quite sure. I have no idea how to read a memory dump, so I come here to humbly ask you guys for help *Tongue It happened while using chrome. I normally have CPU max power to 99% to avoid...
  9. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...
  10. BSOD while using google chrome.

BSOD while using google chrome.: I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months. 1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE 3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. During that time I think I was just browsing. Also, recently "Google Chrome" is hanging frequently and I got a new...