Windows 10: BSOD while using MediaCreationTool2004

Discus and support BSOD while using MediaCreationTool2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im trying to clean install Win10 onto a new drive. Using my current win10 installation i am trying to create a bootable USB using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ray Inman, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Ray Inman Win User

BSOD while using MediaCreationTool2004

Im trying to clean install Win10 onto a new drive.

Using my current win10 installation i am trying to create a bootable USB using the mediacreationtool2004

as it progresses i get the BSOD with an error of FAT_FILE_SYSTEM

any guidance would be appreciated

:)

Ray Inman, Jul 17, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD while using MediaCreationTool2004 - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use: I was watching Twitch and got this BSOD. I tried Driver Verifier using the instructions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983and this is the dmp...
  3. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use: I was watching Twitch and got this BSOD. I tried Driver Verifier using the instructions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983and this is the dmp...
  4. BSOD while not using PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while not using PC: Hi there, i have been experiancing BSOD multiple times every 2 days or so, it happend once or twice while using the PC browsing on chrome as well as AFK, heres the DMP file uploaded to google drive: i have tried the drivers check within windows 10 i have downloaded the...
  5. BSOD while using torrent

BSOD while using torrent: Hello. I'm not that knowledgeable in IT, so please be patient with me. (Windows 10) Log: Dropbox - LAPTOP-V0QLQ451-(2020-11-11_00-07-25).zip - Simplify your life Since this morning I've been having repeatedly BSOD with written BAD POOL CALLER. After trying all the tutorial...
  6. Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding: Tried as administrator, to run this but the "Progress" is stuck at 0%. Tried creating an iso instead of USB stick but same problem. Is there a solution please?...
  7. Cannot create bootable usb using MediaCreationTool2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot create bootable usb using MediaCreationTool2004: Hi all, I need to re-install win10 as i am changing my C: harddrive. I'm trying to create a bootable usb using MediaCreationTool2004.exe on a brand new 128Go pendrive. After the drive selection step and a few minutes of waiting time I systematically get a "0x80080015 -...
  8. BSoD while using computer

BSoD while using computer: I encountered a BSoD while playing League. I was also in a voice call in Discord but never had issues like this before. Here are the dump files with msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asd78M-c21qc71iQlA4VbNSa6ai-...
  9. BSOD while using bittorrent

BSOD while using bittorrent: Hello everyone Like many people among us I get a BSOD while using bittorrent. I have a new laptop running on windows 10. I've read a lot about this problem on internet but can't fix the problem. I think I already updated all my network drivers. Is there a genius...
  10. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hello people, Every time I use uTorrent, I get a BSOD saying "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This happens ONLY when I use uTorrent. According to Ma-Config (Ma-Config), all my drivers are up to date. I have checked the dmp file with BlueScreenView, however that...