Windows 10: BSOD while using PC normally.

Discus and support BSOD while using PC normally. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I encountered a BSOD while using my PC. I use it to connect to my work PC through remote desktop, as I'm working from home. I was playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arjun Dinesh, May 27, 2020.

1. BSOD while using PC normally.

Hi,

I encountered a BSOD while using my PC. I use it to connect to my work PC through remote desktop, as I'm working from home. I was playing a tutorial video on Udemy while I encountered the BSOD.

Attaching the link to the minidump file generated after restart:

Minidump file

Please help me, friends.

Thanks and Regards,

Stay safe,

Arjun

:)

Arjun Dinesh, May 27, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 27, 2020
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD while using PC normally. [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 27, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

BSOD while using PC normally.

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, May 27, 2020
Thema:

BSOD while using PC normally.

1. BSOD while using PC normally. - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. BSOD while heavy use of pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while heavy use of pc: Hello, I've build a new pc recently and have been having some issues. When I first built it, and while trying to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I kept getting BSODs. I followed some info online (it was a couple of weeks ago and don't remember what I did besides updating some...
  3. BSOD while heavy use of pc

BSOD while heavy use of pc: Hello, I've build a new pc recently and have been having some issues. When I first built it, and while trying to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I kept getting BSODs. I followed some info online it was a couple of weeks ago and don't remember what I did besides updating some...
  4. Random BSOD errors while using zoom/using it for normal things.

Random BSOD errors while using zoom/using it for normal things.: Lately, I have been getting blue screen errors that say Thread_Stuck_in_device_driver. I have tried to fix it by using an older and more stable driver version it worked when I had this same problem a couple of months ago, but these problems have come up this week several...
  5. BSOD while not using PC

BSOD while not using PC: Hi there, i have been experiancing BSOD multiple times every 2 days or so, it happend once or twice while using the PC browsing on chrome as well as AFK, heres the DMP file uploaded to google drive: i have tried the drivers check within windows 10 i have downloaded the...
  6. BSOD while gaming and normal using

BSOD while gaming and normal using: First sorry for my bad english so i can not explain clearly, but i got BSOD so many time before my hdd broke and after i got a new one i still have it So here my minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlPcZHLs2ZE1i16ooN_24kTbC1Rd I need someone can read it and could help me out of...
  7. BSOD While Using Laptop Normally, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

BSOD While Using Laptop Normally, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: Hello, I'm using windows 10 64 bit version and my laptop is Micro Star (MSI) GL63 8RC. After upgrade ssd (nvme) to Adata SX8200 256GB around 2-3 month my laptop often to get BSOD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I already try to fix it from the other forum (fixing registry file,...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD while using computer normally

Windows 10 BSOD while using computer normally: Hello, I got a BSOD with the stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the "what failed" NETIO.SYS. This happened while I was watching a youtube video; the video suddenly stuttered hard and half a second later the BSOD shows up. Here's a link to the onedrive folder with...
  9. BSOD under normal use.

BSOD under normal use.: Hello, This is a Asus ux305. I've had it less than a month and is mostly used for my school. I have installed very little on it. Was just browsing the internet on chrome when it crashed. Thanks in Advance. 22719
  10. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe while normally using computer

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe while normally using computer: Hello, I have a gnarly issue with a clean install of Windows 10 enterprise on a new computer. A preview of the mini dump you have here Capture.JPG - Google Drive I did the steps for a complete data collection about it here. Attachment 110542 Any kind of help will be...