Windows 10: BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

Discus and support BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pablo239, May 28, 2017.

1. pablo239 Win User

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to re-create the problem and it indeed happened again. I'm pretty sure this BSOD was my fault i caused intentionally. Can anyone please analyze the crashdump to find out what really happened?

:)

pablo239, May 28, 2017

2. "System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled (dxgmms2.sys)" Windows 10/Nvidia

Have been getting BSODs (first time in many years!) under similar circumstances.

Specifically:

bug check: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file: dxgmms2.sys

file version: 10.0.14393.206 (rs1_release.160915-0644)

caused by address: dxgmms2.sys+5aa6c

BSODs typically happen after a few minutes using a programmer's IDE (Komodo by ActiveState). No games and probably 2D only.

I am using an AMD 7870 no SLI and not Nvidia.

Unfortunately, I upgraded my AMD drivers and Windows 10 just prior to these crashes. No previous issues video problems at all.

bonesbrigade_1, May 28, 2017
  3. DanPetrache, May 28, 2017
  4. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

Code: 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (11.02.2017 23:42:20) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: dxgmms2.sys [9.12.2016] * DirectX Graphics MMS nvlddmkm.sys [20.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System[/quote]
    GPU Driver and/or GPU itself crashed. Three things could be the cause for this.
    1. The GPU (or driver) cannot handle the 100 in the application.
    2. The NVIDIA driver itself has an problem, so please update to the newest version or roll back to an older one.
    3. The GPU itself could have an problem (temperature problems)

I can see also Software installed which is known for causing bluescreens:
    EVGA Precision XOC
    Corsair LINK 4

If u did change settings in these tools please revert to standard settings and remove these tools for testing purposes to see if the bluescreens dissapear.

BSODHunter, May 28, 2017
  5. pablo239 Win User
    Possibly number 1 could be it . At this point I'm afraid of trying it again because I don't wanna cause any corruption to my system. The Corsair Link software is a driver for my liquid CPU cooler , without it my CPU cooler wouldnt function properly. Also note that this computer I built is only 5 months old and I only had 3 BSODs happen to it . The first 2 happened as described here, and the 3rd one on this thread: Windows crash (BSOD): dwm.exe MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BYTE

pablo239, Jun 1, 2017
  6. Allright, but as I said the nvidia driver or gpu itself has an problem. Its on you how to keep going on.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

1. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. dxgmms2.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD: As title says At first some random application like Roblox, discord, or other crashing at unknown reason then followed by Windows BSOD caused by SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M in module dxgmms2. I got this BSOD like 5-10 times a week This happen usually after I...
  3. dxgmms2.sys BSOD

dxgmms2.sys BSOD: Hello, A while back, my computer lost power while it was installing windows updates. Since then, I've had BSODs every couple days, with various errors pointing to a driver error. These were annoying, but manageable. I tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, like using a...
  4. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  5. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...: have 2 monitors, using main 3440x1440 + 3840x2160 as second monitor. have had no problems until recently. the problem is when i play games on the main monitor and have video content on the second monitor ……….………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. The BSOD occurs...
  6. BSOD dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys: Usually this happen when i play Overwatch. I have updated drivers,check windows,disks. Here is my minidump file: Link I hope someone can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-dxgmms2sys-and-nvlddmkmsys/50fc8b79-7f54-4903-8428-b9236531b44c
  7. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys: This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest non-insider updates for windows 10, as well as video drivers. This seems to happen randomly, as note. Ranging from watching a...
  8. BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys

BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys: Got another BSOD earlier tonight, this time with dxgmms2.sys cited onscreen. 85143
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys: Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a...
  10. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...