Windows 10: BSOD while watching videos online. Audio hitches before the BSOD

Discus and support BSOD while watching videos online. Audio hitches before the BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've only had this happen while watching Youtube media. What will happen is that the audio will crackle and immediately after the computer will BSOD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karpin, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Karpin Win User

BSOD while watching videos online. Audio hitches before the BSOD

I've only had this happen while watching Youtube media. What will happen is that the audio will crackle and immediately after the computer will BSOD. The BSOD can be mostly averted by pausing the video when the audio starts crackling and starting it again, in which the audio will have returned to normal.

I have no idea why this is happening, I'd appreciate the help.

:)

Karpin, Mar 21, 2017

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwbw02.sys)

BSOD while using Youtube or watching videos on IE or Chrome. I'm using Windows 10. I bought Dell i7567 Inspiron. I had this BSOD and got my laptop replaced. After one week of use the new laptop has same BSOD. This happens only while watching Videos.

I tried reinstalling OS, Updating Drivers, contacted Dell and they updated drivers manually and nothing has worked. Any idea on how to resolve this ?

sharath chandrapatlolla, Mar 21, 2017
  3. ellupo Win User
    BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32k.exe on Windows 10

Hi all,

Running a HP AMD PC bought off the shelf in the UK in 2014.

Never previously had a single problem in over 2 years.

Recently updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8 and now had 2 system crashes in quick succession, the second resulting in the BSOD referred to in the thread title (the first caused an uncommanded system restart).

Both crashes occurred while watching video content - the first uncommanded restart while watching a DVD on Cyberlink PowerDVD 12, the second BSOD while watching a video on the BBC iPlayer website.

I've just run Windows Update and McAfee LiveSafe full scan and no updates or issues found.

I'm not an expert in PCs at all so kid gloves please! But I have located the dmp file from the BSOD.

All advice greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

ellupo, Mar 21, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Karpin *Smile

Several of your BSOD error files refer to an audio driver FiiOE10.sys as being a problem together with a USB driver ASUSFILTER.sys

Code: BugCheck 139, {3, fffff803df091870, fffff803df0917c8, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ASUSFILTER.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ASUSFILTER.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FiiOE10.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FiiOE10.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : ASUSFILTER.sys ( ASUSFILTER+22cf )[/quote] Please try to update the drivers via the manufacturer's websites. Alternatively remove the devices that might be using these drivers and uninstall the software to see if it makes a difference.

philc43, Mar 21, 2017
  5. Karpin Win User
    Unfortunately this is a problem that occurs at a frequency that is enough to be a problem but not enough to quickly and easily troubleshoot. I've installed the latest drivers and crossing my fingers that it'll solve the problem.

All the search results with people getting BSOD's using these drivers over Windows drivers don't fill me with a lot of hope though.

Karpin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while watching videos online. Audio hitches before the BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD while watching

2. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  3. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  4. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD while watching online videos

BSOD while watching online videos: Many times when I watch online videos( youtube/netflix/others) my laptop freezes and after 10 seconds brings bsod with the error dpc_watchdog_violation. Any help ? 91321
  6. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  7. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  8. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  9. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...
  10. Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online: Hello, A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system files (I checked with WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView). I have to mention that I keep all drivers updated (apart from an AHCI...