Windows 10: BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent

Discus and support BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting BSODs specifically whenever I use Bit-torrent/U-torrent. I didn't have this issue previously until now and I really have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ieatgrubs, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ieatgrubs Win User

BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent

Hello,

I am getting BSODs specifically whenever I use Bit-torrent/U-torrent. I didn't have this issue previously until now and I really have no idea how to fix this!

Please help and thanks so much in advance.

Here's my dump files.

Ray

:)

ieatgrubs, Oct 20, 2015

2. How one can associate a given extension (.torrent) to a certain program (utorrent)?

Download install UTorrent/bittorrent...

for some reason we can't add extensions

So... When you download the torrent you have to use that how to open popup more apps >look for app on pc> default for utorrent/Bittorrent hopefully should be CLICK ON this PC> DOUBLE CLICK Windows/Local Disk C:> Program files("Program files(x86)" if you
    have it) >Utorrent/Bittorrent and look for Utorrents/Bittorrents symbol and double click it...

In order to get the pop up for How to open goto the downloads folder it should end with .Torrent after the filename or you can do it the lazy way redownload it and it'll pop up again...

Eric in IT, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Why does the BitTorrent downloading process always stay at 99.9% consistently?

This is something you ask BitTorrent or use another torrent client such as uTorrent.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ieatgrubs,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Your network driver is causing the issue.
    Check your manufacturers site for driver updates.
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a start end module name fffff800`ecce0000 fffff800`ed79d000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Timestamp: Sat Jul 11 03:09:43 2015 (55A06CD7) CheckSum: 00AC8702 ImageSize: 00ABD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. ieatgrubs Win User
    [/quote] Hi Axe0, thanks for your response.
    I checked again and all my drivers are up-to-date. Is there any other source which is causing the problem?
    Attachment 44021

ieatgrubs, Oct 21, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Updating drivers through device manager is pretty much always not working as you'll get the message from the pic you posted.

That is the reason why I said

7. ieatgrubs Win User
    I have updated all possible drivers as well as install the latest network drivers from Dell. Still, the crashing persists.
    So this might be just a dead end huh?

ieatgrubs, Oct 21, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

It might not be, if you would provide me a new zip file with the BSOD DM Log Collector tool.
    I'd like to take a look at the information of the dumps to see if anything else causes problems.

9. ieatgrubs Win User
    Here you go, thanks for looking into this!

ieatgrubs, Oct 21, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    There are 2 ways with this crash for now
    • A driver tried to acces an invalid memory address or wrong memory address
    • A driver tried to acces a memory address that was corrupted
    Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except, it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory. Arguments: Arg1: fffff6fb400037a8, memory referenced. Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. Arg3: 0000000000000000, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address. Arg4: 0000000000000006, (reserved)[/quote] To rule out outdated drivers I have made a list of drivers NOT dating 2015
    Code: iiwdbus iwdbus.sys Sat Oct 04 02:31:12 2014 (542F3FD0) // Intel driver IntelPcc IntelPcc.sys Tue Aug 05 22:51:29 2014 (53E143D1) // Intel driver HidEventFilter HidEventFilter.sys Tue Sep 17 23:49:33 2013 (5238CE6D) // Intel driver DDDriver64Dcsa DDDriver64Dcsa.sys Wed May 28 21:58:54 2014 (53863FFE) // Dell driver, comes with the software for analysing the system, recommended to uninstall while troubleshooting.[/quote]
    BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent [​IMG]
    Note This does NOT mean they are causing problems
    Please test your memory to rule it out.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

11. bobbykes Win User
    same thing happens for me after opening and downloading for minute System crashes.
    This happens only in torrent clients, in all versions. This happens in win 10 after update.

bobbykes, Jun 21, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

2 things
    1. The system appears to have been reinstalled
    Code: Original Install Date: 22-06-2017, 01:30:41 PM System Boot Time: 22-06-2017, 01:27:15 PM[/quote] 2. The system is running a Windows Insider version, could explain the reinstallation.

Due to these 2 things, mainly the first one, we are currently unable to help you.
    There are no records of an unexpected shutdown.

14. zbook New Member
    In the zip file there was no minidump file.
    The event log did not display a crash.

Are you able to post any minidump files?

Can you install whocrashed and bluescreenview to see if they can find the bsod minidump files on your computer.

There are problems with:
    WindowsWcpOtherFailure
    RADAR_PRE_LEAK
    PnPDriverImportError
    WinSetupDiag

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  15. bobbykes Win User
    I installed update today. After the crash i will update the zip file again. Thank you guys

bobbykes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent - Similar Threads - BSOD Whille using

2. Downloading using utorrent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading using utorrent: When I open utorrent it says "connecting to peers" and also it's flickering so I'm having problems pressing some buttons on utorrent. It's flickering only when I'm using utorrent. I tried updating DHT but I can't because of flickering. When I press it nothing happens....
  3. Downloading using utorrent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading using utorrent: When I open utorrent it says "connecting to peers" and also it's flickering so I'm having problems pressing some buttons on utorrent. It's flickering only when I'm using utorrent. I tried updating DHT but I can't because of flickering. When I press it nothing happens....
  4. BSOD when using uTorrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using uTorrent: Hi! I've read countless posts in countless forums since I downloaded Windows 10 like a half a year ago and this error started to happen, but I haven't yet found a solution. So - I am using HP ENVY 15, and after I upgraded to Windows 10 I started having an error, when...
  5. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hi All, I am getting the BSOD of when using uTorrent, I have tried another program and the same issue occurs. Debug files are attached. Hope someone can help! Thanks Attachment 46253 28699
  6. BSOD while using bittorrent

BSOD while using bittorrent: Hello everyone Like many people among us I get a BSOD while using bittorrent. I have a new laptop running on windows 10. I've read a lot about this problem on internet but can't fix the problem. I think I already updated all my network drivers. Is there a genius...
  7. Bsod only when i use utorrent

Bsod only when i use utorrent: my bosd happen most the time when im downloading bigger file (500mb or more) with utorrent i tried to fix the non page are fault but it keep happening sometimes ..... thank u for helping me i really appreciate. my laptop is a asus x550z windows 10 1tb hard drive...
  8. BSOD when using utorrent

BSOD when using utorrent: Hi All, New to the forum. Hoping you guys can help me out. I only have this issue it seems when utorrent is downloading files. My webroot expired so I switched to Avast since funds are tight for the moment. I tried Avira but switched off that as well. Other than that, only...
  9. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hello people, Every time I use uTorrent, I get a BSOD saying "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This happens ONLY when I use uTorrent. According to Ma-Config (Ma-Config), all my drivers are up to date. I have checked the dmp file with BlueScreenView, however that...
  10. updated to Windows 10, BSOD when using uTorrent

updated to Windows 10, BSOD when using uTorrent: Hello, recently i updated my Dell Latitude E6320 to Windows 10. Now when I start using uTorrent i get BSODs (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA), and due to my lack of knowledge can't figure out where it comes from. I read a few posts, updated my WLAN drivers (had some different...