Windows 10: BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1)

Discus and support BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi ZigZag3143 I'm having a problem with a new machine I'm setting up. This machine has 4 disks, which are operating in Raid 1. 2 Disk M.2 500Gb with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FranciscoJMFrade, Nov 20, 2019.

1. BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1)

Hi ZigZag3143

I'm having a problem with a new machine I'm setting up.
    This machine has 4 disks, which are operating in Raid 1.
    2 Disk M.2 500Gb with win 10 Pro system in Raid 1 (CBSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1) :) and 2 other HDD 4TB disc in Raid 1 (FBSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1) :).
    The installation went all over and the setup also went well, I have been working beautifully, until I started copying the files from the old machine to this new one, being that I am copying everything to the HDD 4TB (FBSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1) :) and that's when the problems start. After some time copying the mouse freezes and a few seconds later, the blue screen occurs and restarts the PC.
    I've performed all kinds of tests and no problem is detected.
    I may be working on the machine smoothly all day, but if I start a new copy of files to disk F:, the blue screen occurs.
    Can You help me resolve the issue, I've already shared the necessary files on my OneDrive, and I emailed you.
    Thank you
    Francisco Frade

:)

FranciscoJMFrade, Nov 20, 2019

2. Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Swansway Win User
    Windows 10 HDD Seen as Raid

Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 (retail version) has been a complete nightmare. Install originally worked but pc then ‘froze’ after 10 minutes. I tried everything and could’nt fix it then turned on one day and all fine. I now realise though that my two
    500gb HDDs are not accessible (the os is on an SSD). The Bios shows them both and enabled but they dont appear in file manager or Device Manager. Under Disk Manager 1 disk shows up with a red error mark but i think this has combined both discs as if they
    are raid 0 - but they were never set up as raid in Win 7 and raid is not set up in the Bios. So far Win 10 has been an expensive disaster and pc rendered pretty much useless - any thoughts? Thank you.

Swansway, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1)

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1)

1. BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1) - Similar Threads - BSOD copy files

2. Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in?: I have two HDDs in software RAID 1. I am copying 3 older HDDs onto the new one. When I was putting the second HDD in ( I have to swap the 3 HDDs around) I may have unplugged my second HDD in the RAID 1 but I am not sure. If I did now that I had plugged it back in, will...
  3. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  4. Windows 10 / Raid 1: "Optimize" shows HDD, NOT installed SSD's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / Raid 1: "Optimize" shows HDD, NOT installed SSD's: I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A COMPLETE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION: PLEASE, HELP! In my new Windows 10 desktop computer, RAID 1, Two SSD's, I see Optimize shows "Hard Disk Drive", NOT "SSD", and I want to be sure defragmentation is not applied to these drives, instead of the proper...
  5. Windows 10, RAID 1, Optimize Shows HDD, not SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, RAID 1, Optimize Shows HDD, not SSD: In my new Windows 10 desktop computer, RAID 1, Two SSD's, I see Optimize shows "Hard Disk Drive", NOT "SSD", and I want to be sure defragmentation is not applied to these drives, instead of the proper TRIM utility. What need I do? I found a reply for this regarding Windows...
  6. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1: Hello. First time poster to this sub. I have an SSD for a boot drive, and my data locations are on a Windows RAID 1 (made the array during the initial install about 18 months ago). This week I am planning on upgrading to a larger SSD on which I will reinstall Windows. My...
  7. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  8. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  9. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  10. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...