Windows 10: BSOD win 10 with error " Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Discus and support BSOD win 10 with error " Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I had an error "Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" which caused BSOD on win 10 and created a minidump file. This is driver link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaoDatAN, Jun 30, 2020.

1. CaoDatAN Win User

BSOD win 10 with error " Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Hello everyone,

I had an error "Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" which caused BSOD on win 10 and created a minidump file.

This is driver link my minidump file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BFsd_KqJN-q0CCkOyY1ZHRsx8cQq7src?usp=sharing

Please help me to fix this case!!!

:)

CaoDatAN, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Kristopher,

Usually, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is caused by a hardware issue or system file corruption. For us to isolate your concern, we need answers to the following:

• Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur when you're doing a specific activity?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps on this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x00000133. This bug check indicates that the DPC watchdog executed, either because it detected a single long-running deferred procedure call (DPC), or because the system spent a prolonged time at an interrupt
    request level (IRQL) of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Possible causes of Blue screens (BSOD) include corrupted drivers, third party anti-virus software installed, errors in the disk drives etc. So, in order to avoid such errors, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

Method 2: Try to boot the system in safe mode and check if the issue is reproduced. If not, then clean boot the computer and check if it helps.

Step 1: Safe mode is a diagnostic mode in which you are logged in with only necessary minimal services and drivers enabled. Check if the issue is reproduced.

Refer to the following steps:

• Click on the Power button on the login screen.

• Press and hold the SHIFT key on keyboard and simultaneously click on
      Restart option.

• Once your PC restarts, on theChoose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      Advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting for
      Safe Mode with Networking (Generally F5 key is pressed to select this setting).

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
    Check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

If the issue does not reproduce in Safe Mode, then try to clean boot the system and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If the issue does not occur in clean boot, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section “How to determine
    what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot” from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Additional information:

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Hi Luther,

For us to better assist you with your system failure issue, we'd like to know the following:

• What was the exact error message you're getting?
    • Is your computer still booting?

If your computer is still booting, we suggest starting your computer in
    safe mode
    to check if the issue will occur.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD win 10 with error " Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" - Similar Threads - BSOD error Bug

2. Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I am currently experiencing this blue screen error frequently, about every 2 hours i experience it. There seems to be no fix besides waiting, I've tried reinstalling windows completely, clean boot, safe boot, and many more but none of them worked. Other Bluescreens I've...
  3. Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I am currently experiencing this blue screen error frequently, about every 2 hours i experience it. There seems to be no fix besides waiting, I've tried reinstalling windows completely, clean boot, safe boot, and many more but none of them worked. Other Bluescreens I've...
  4. Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with no specific explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with no specific explanation: At about 12:32 AM today, I got a Blue Screen of Death. Stop 0x0000000A. Dump file here: https://easyupload.io/4z6sehFrom what I was able to find, the error had to do with the C1 power state. So, per the instructions here...
  5. Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with no specific explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with no specific explanation: At about 12:32 AM today, I got a Blue Screen of Death. Stop 0x0000000A. Dump file here: https://easyupload.io/4z6sehFrom what I was able to find, the error had to do with the C1 power state. So, per the instructions here...
  6. Random BSOD - Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi all My PC has Windows 10 20H2, and randomly shows BSOD with the exact same error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Some snippets of my errors: ******************************************************************************* *...
  7. BSOD 0X133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD 0X133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I have been having constant BSODs with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATIONS. The problem was caused by the kernel randomly. Anyone can help me with this? Here is the minidump for your reference....
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x133: My computer started freezing randomly after updating to Windows 10 (from win7). Mouse completely frozen, keyboard unresponsive. The only thing I could do was a hard reboot every time. I tried searching for info online and found lots of people with the same problem but no...
  9. BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing

BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing: So I was browsing stuff on the web and this happens. Anyway, since then I've tried to update some certain drivers related to the issue, however, most of them were already up-to-date. I've ran an SFC scan and nothing came up in there either. Anyhow, specs down below and logs...
  10. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi there! I just got my Asus Strix 1070 yesterday, updated the bios for the micron memory fix, and today, after playing a long session of Battlefield 1, I got a "DPC Watchdog Violation" Bluescreen 0x133. Can anyone help me fix this issue? The GPU never goes hotter than...