Windows 10: BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18

Discus and support BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Old ASUS Notebook U50F (Win7 upgraded with Win10home when it first came out) but has not been turned on/used in last 5 months, updated with Win10home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickSheedyW2DHB, Sep 10, 2018.

1. BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18

Old ASUS Notebook U50F (Win7 upgraded with Win10home when it first came out) but has not been turned on/used in last 5 months, updated with Win10home 1803 auto installed 9/8/2018 OS build 17134.254.

Updated some other software (CCleaner, OpenOffice,) ran fine for one day. Then BSOD happened upon logon to my (admin) account, would shutdown before reaching desktop. Error messages: Bad Pool Header; or System Thread Not Handled; System Service Not Handled; Bad Pool Caller... No matter how many times tried it kept recycling (logon/BSOD/restart). I also had a user account for my daughter and it functioned as normal after I logged on with her password. Restore point before other software updated did not change symptoms.

Appears that something is wrong in my admin account.

:)

PatrickSheedyW2DHB, Sep 10, 2018
  2. AGT_MS Win User

Hosted network supported : No, after latest update (9/18)

Hi Jamille

Thanks for your reply.

Please see the screenshot below.

As I mentioned in my post, I was seeing YES in font Hosted Network Supported before I applied the latest update on 9/18. Now it is showing NO.

I have already tried

1. Updating the Wifi adapter driver. Also installing a previous driver.

2. Resetting the network connections as suggested by you in the link.

3. Do you want me to send the 'wireless network report' generated as per your suggestion?

Please note that I am able to connect to internet through wired connection. Most of the actions in the link suggested by you are related to the problem of not able to connect to internet.

I am having problem of not able to use the laptop as hotspot through my Wifi.

please let me know If I need to take specific steps for my Wifi adapter.

BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18 7c5570a3-517e-468d-89fc-5c60fc9903cc.png

AGT_MS, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    update stalled on step 8 of 9 restarting phone. phone says update complete and version displays correctly. what is step 9 that did not complete

Hi JimSS_777,

Typically there will be 10 steps to the download, though if a backup was already created that step will be skipped. Step 9 of 10 (or 8 of 9 in your case) will be restarting the phone. The final step will be completing the updates. Once the final step is
    completed the update process will continue to check for additional updates until no more are found. If all of the updates have been completed you will have a confirmation that the update was successful and there will be a finish button.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Sep 10, 2018
  4. BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18

1. BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18 - Similar Threads - BSOD Win10home update

2. update from 8/22 installed 9/5 and again 9/6 0700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update from 8/22 installed 9/5 and again 9/6 0700: 2023-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029351. installed then restarted my PC . I left for 10 not more than 15 minutes and display showed update in progress or something like that. Your almost there... It then did the same...
  3. update from 8/22 installed 9/5 and again 9/6 0700

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update from 8/22 installed 9/5 and again 9/6 0700: 2023-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029351. installed then restarted my PC . I left for 10 not more than 15 minutes and display showed update in progress or something like that. Your almost there... It then did the same...
  4. Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022: I have no task bar, and the window tab +I opens sometimes but then shuts down, and if it does open it does not display anything. No way to do settings adjustments. Bottom corner states windows security Actions recomended, but when I click nothing happens. Checked and system...
  5. Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022: I have no task bar, and the window tab +I opens sometimes but then shuts down, and if it does open it does not display anything. No way to do settings adjustments. Bottom corner states windows security Actions recomended, but when I click nothing happens. Checked and system...
  6. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18: I've been getting somewhat frequent BSOD errors over the past week or so and I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own. Sometimes this error happens within several minutes of closing a video game or sometimes it happens when I haven't even opened a video game that day....
  7. Win10Home and Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10Home and Win10Pro: When I click on the link " Advanced display settings"at DISPLAY in Settings, I only get this top Screenshot 39.png but not that supposed Screenshot 7.pngbottom. I need to have this Screenshot 7.png because I can adjust bold text and a lot more things I want and absolutely it...
  8. Windows update 8/9/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  9. No updates since 9/8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates since 9/8: Hi all... I'm perplexed. My Win 10 system shows the last update that was applied to it was on 9/8. It is now 9/21 and I find it had to believe that MS has not released any updates since 9/8. If I "check for updates" I am told that my system is up to date. Does anyone know...
  10. Anticipation of 9 compared to 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Anticipation of 9 compared to 8: Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the chill out section, if wrong place please move For those that were around before 8 was released (getting ready for the beta of it) what was the feeling towards it compared to now getting ready for 9 to come out Unfortunately I...