Windows 10: BSOD/WinDBG setup and DMP file help?

Discus and support BSOD/WinDBG setup and DMP file help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions to setup WinDBG in this videolink: Install and configure WinDBG - YouTube I did the setup instructions in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017.

1. agenthunk Win User

BSOD/WinDBG setup and DMP file help?

I have followed the instructions to setup WinDBG in this videolink:
    Install and configure WinDBG - YouTube

I did the setup instructions in this video for windows debugger and have the symbol file path saved.
    SRV"C:\SymCache"Symbol information

I do not have the DMP file uploaded online,what I need help with is to manually put the DMP file in the debugger whenever I have a error report.
    Attachment 125045

I have the setup for DMP file checked as Complete File.

I do not know or remember if I did where the Folder by default for DMP files are located and do not know how to use the SDK debugging tool and how to manually move the DMP file to the Debugger X64.

I followed the instructions through this forums link:
    Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis

Attachment 125046

So Am I done?this is my first time using this.

Some help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017

2. Getting multiple BSOD's and query about reading DMP files on Windows 10 computer

Old title: WindBG DMP File Help - BSOD

Hello,

Finally got tired of multiple BSOD and decided to learn how to debug. Unfortunately reading the DMP file is harder than I thought!.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

I recently reset Windows 10 and have only installed a few base program, nothing fancy.

DMP file:

062116-20656-01.dmp

Thanks.

Oliver1234_999, Mar 13, 2017
  3. AndyLun Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD pci.sys

I've been getting BSOD on my laptop since I upgraded to Windows 10, and the Windbg says its caused by pci.sys (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE).

After some searching on the internet, I know that something else must have caused pci.sys to crash.

112315-35515-01.dmp |
    Windbg Log

MEMORY.dmp (File is 6.9GB, I can't upload it) |
    Windbg Log

Please help me thank you very much

AndyLun, Mar 13, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

The dmp file is saved to: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.dmp (ie. C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp) as shown in the screen shot. You would need to copy it to somewhere else, e.g. desktop. Or you could set to save it to desktop (%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\MEMORY.DMP) if BSOD occurs.
    Next, just run windbg then drag and drop the dmp file into it.

topgundcp, Mar 13, 2017
  5. agenthunk Win User
    ok.I do not have any BSOD errors yet.

I have been experiencing whea/kernel based crash reports from a mod..sometimes...

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    A dump is created after a system crash. If a WHEA error results in a BSOD it creates a dump.
    A kernel crash will always provide a dump since the system cannot run without it.

7. agenthunk Win User
    ok,I did not successfully get the dmp test file or one of my files to go into debugger...the screenshot above explains.

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017
  8. topgundcp Win User

For testing purpose, just go to the BSOD section of the forum and download one of the ZIP file, use the dmp file to test with.

topgundcp, Mar 13, 2017
  9. agenthunk Win User
    Attachment 125105

Attachment 125106

the top one is the file explorer before I scrolled down.
    the bottom is the bottom of the file explorer list...
    most of what is missing is other dmp files from game release folders from my x86 steam folders...

this one is the first folder you see called minidump at the top....
    Attachment 125108

so I did the to desktop from that folder and it gave me this error...
    Attachment 125109

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017
  10. agenthunk Win User
    System Information (local)
    Computer name: LAPTOP-CQ24RH6L
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: HP Notebook, HP, 81F9
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G AMD586, level: 21
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 6005317632 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 3/9/2017 11:22:10 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030917-33671-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6BB153)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF880FE407F3A8, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 3/8/2017 6:20:32 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030817-28171-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD90A0915E038, 0x0, 0x0)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 3/1/2017 6:29:46 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030117-29062-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFCF0CC5A888F8, 0x0, 0x0)

On Wed 3/1/2017 5:59:33 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030117-28859-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFC2098C1588F8, 0x0, 0x0)

On Mon 2/6/2017 5:49:12 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020617-28093-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFBA09C35C8038, 0x0, 0x0)

Conclusion
    6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017
  11. agenthunk Win User
    Attachment 125115

I did and this is the result.

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Did you save the workspace after inserting the symbol search path?

13. agenthunk Win User

agenthunk, Mar 13, 2017
  14. axe0 New Member
    I see what the problem is, replace the quotes ( " ) with *

15. agenthunk Win User
    SRV*C:\SymCache*Symbol information

like this?

agenthunk, Mar 14, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD/WinDBG setup and DMP file help? - Similar Threads - BSOD WinDBG setup

2. Need some help with BSOD/DMP files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need some help with BSOD/DMP files: Hello, I have been dealing with various BSOD for a few months now and I finally decided to try a clean install of windows. Unfortunately, I kept getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart...
  3. BSOD HELP dmp file included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD HELP dmp file included: I recently encountered a blue screen of death while playing genshin impact. could someone help me out by analyzing the dmp filehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xteFyR8Lga42YOL9WJ7-gC0tiYPGdHjc?usp=sharing...
  4. BSOD HELP dmp file included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD HELP dmp file included: I recently encountered a blue screen of death while playing genshin impact. could someone help me out by analyzing the dmp filehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xteFyR8Lga42YOL9WJ7-gC0tiYPGdHjc?usp=sharing...
  5. BSOD HELP dmp file included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD HELP dmp file included: I recently encountered a blue screen of death while playing genshin impact. could someone help me out by analyzing the dmp filehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vq2wv9Y58OBentREeMuK-gTReef-YSOv/view?usp=sharing...
  6. BSOD DMP File Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD DMP File Help: Hello, I have followed Zigzag3143's guide on finding and fixing BSODs. I have had daily BSODs for about 2 weeks now and am looking forward to this issue being resolved. Hopefully I will not have to upgrade my software as that would be rather costly for me right now. Thanks...
  7. BSOD - help with DMP files please

BSOD - help with DMP files please: Hi, Having problems - can you help with my re-occurring BSOD? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1__oEZfyo9JTM5xsUFTz5vt8SQnlwDHV5?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-help-with-dmp-files-please/ab36c648-cd54-489a-994c-7f3c6d7ecc31
  8. Help Reading DMP Files After BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Reading DMP Files After BSOD: So a few days ago I made a post about having an IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and not being able to get into my computer because I was stuck on an endless loop even when trying to boot in safe mode. Long story short I was able to boot off of my HDD that still had an old...
  9. Random Crashes. No BSOD, no .dmp files. HELP!!

Random Crashes. No BSOD, no .dmp files. HELP!!: My computer has been experiencing some really annoying crashes/shutdowns over the last few months and I can't figure out what is causing them. During the first week of September it crashed for the first time and that's the only time I've seen a BSOD. The stop code for that...
  10. BSOD windbg help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD windbg help: Hello Im getting random bsod's in windows 10 . I used Windbg to analyze mini dump , but dont know how to read it. So where should i look and how read the debug report to identify cause of bsod.. Thanks submitted by /u/sk2536 [link] [comments]...