Windows 10: BSOD Windows 10 after installing an additional HDD

Discus and support BSOD Windows 10 after installing an additional HDD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried to install 2 new hard drives Seagate 4TB - ST4000DM004 into my system, however I keep getting the blue screen with stop codeinternal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Evo1970_wak, Feb 1, 2020.

1. BSOD Windows 10 after installing an additional HDD

Hi,

I have tried to install 2 new hard drives Seagate 4TB - ST4000DM004 into my system, however I keep getting the blue screen with stop codeinternal power error

The system has Intel i5-6600 @ 3.3ghz no graphics card, uses built inIntel HD Graphics 530, 1 x SSD Samsung 850 evo M.2 500gb on an Asrock HI70M Pro 4 p1.80 with 2 x DDR4 4gb-2133. There are 4 other hard drives, taking the total to drives to 6 7 including the SSD.

It has a thermaltake sp-750ah3ncb-a PSU.

I believe the PSU should be able to support this set up. The motherboard did not have any available SATA ports so I installed a PCI Express to 6G SATA3.0 Expansion Controller Card Adaptor 4-Port SATA III.

I don't believe there is an issue with the new drives as I have been able to install both. I just can't have both plugged in to the SATA ports at the same time. When I do, I get the BSOD for internal power error.

I have removed all external devices and tried the 2 drives in different SATA ports. Each drive works every time in any of the ports on the expansion card, just not both at the same time. I've increased the size of the hibernation file and run memory and disk scans, no issues were reported.

Does anyone have any other options I could try?

Thanks

:)

Evo1970_wak, Feb 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 1, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

BSOD Windows 10 after installing an additional HDD

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Windows 10 after installing an additional HDD

1. BSOD Windows 10 after installing an additional HDD - Similar Threads - BSOD installing additional

2. HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install.: I've installed Windows 10 for the first time, clean. Now in my boot order I have a Windows Boot Manager. If I use that my computer opens, but if I use my HDD, it tells me to reboot and select proper boot device. Is this normal? Is this caused by the fact I didn't remove the...
  3. Installing Additional Languages in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Additional Languages in Windows 10: How do I install additional languages in Windows 10, and translate documents to other languages than English ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-additional-languages-in-windows-10/efb95238-6d70-419f-9e6b-35d8272b007b
  4. Will not boot from HDD after Windows 10 install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not boot from HDD after Windows 10 install.: I built a New PC. I downloaded rhe Windows 10 installer from Microsoft website. I have the installer on a 60GB HDD. I have a 250GB HDD as my primary drive. In order to boot from the 60GB drive to start the Windows 10 install, I have to set the 60GB as my first boot device in...
  5. new additional HDD to new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new additional HDD to new PC: I want to add an additional HDD taken from my old PC to my new PC and use as a 2nd HDD.. this 2nd HDD drive still has the Win 10 OS on it from the old PC that I do not wish to use.. all I want to do is access the Data on it.. can I remove just the Win 10 files/folders and...
  6. windows 10 home addition installation

windows 10 home addition installation: I purchased from Microsoft Windows 10 Home/Pro on a usb thumb drive a couple years ago however I was never able to get it to install. I now find myself doing a complete fresh install and am determined to use my installation media. I did not plan the installation in advance...
  7. Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement

Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement: I have installed new Seagate HDD same as the old one. I have used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media on a USB drive. I followed the HP instructions for installing the Window 10 software on the new HDD. When the Let's connect you to a network screen...
  8. Errors after changing the HDD and installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors after changing the HDD and installing windows 10: Hi every one I hope you can help me, I had to change mi hard disk drive because the one I had got damaged, so I went to best buy and they did it for me, they also installed the OS (Windows 10), after that I was able to use my computer normally. After two weeks problems...
  9. BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.: I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 into my sons' PC and started getting blue screens last week. I formatted the drive and loaded Win10 from the software creation tool on a USB drive. They seemed to go away after a couple of days, so I hoped the situation corrected...
  10. install additional memory before or after Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    install additional memory before or after Win 10 install: I have a Win 10 iso that I download in August but have not yet installed. I have 12 GB memory installed now but I want to increase to 24 GB while I still have Win 7 installed, and then continue running Win 7 for a while longer. I'm assuming that the license associated...