Windows 10: BSOD - Windows 10 crash and its relationship with network connectivity issues - IRQL NOT...

Discus and support BSOD - Windows 10 crash and its relationship with network connectivity issues - IRQL NOT... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community, I wanted to reach out and get assistance with a technical issue which (while resolved) has caused some concern to me. Less than 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marko4400, Oct 2, 2019.

1. marko4400 Win User

BSOD - Windows 10 crash and its relationship with network connectivity issues - IRQL NOT...

Hello community,

I wanted to reach out and get assistance with a technical issue which (while resolved) has caused some concern to me. Less than 1 month ago Microsoft had pushed out one of its Windows 10 updates, following that update I experienced within 1 week of the update a network connectivity issue.

During my attempt to resolve the networking issues by the windows tool (right click on the network icon in the task manager) "Troubleshoot problems" I experienced a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). I am aware of a couple of things

1: There is no explicit evidence to prove Windows 10 caused the network issue, in matter of fact I have experienced networking issues on many occasions primarily due to using Ethernet of power devices through an extension cord and have regularly had to unplug said devices and plug them in again later

2: I have some small amount of knowledge already that BSOD's usually are a result of outdated drivers/firmware ( as such I am currently reviewing this side already, but I don't want to get too carried away with actually knowing if the BSOD is a result of one thing and not another thing i.e. a red herring)

My questions are, how can I prove the exact origins of this BSOD, as I don't have the skillset to read crash dumps?

can a physical network connectivity issue cause or contribute to a driver issue ( I am assuming that drivers are expecting some type of behaviour and if the results of the behavior are different the driver will panic and fail in spectacular fashion)?

What do I need to gather or do to get a full picture of the problem, i.e. without making assumptions how can I verify what is causing the BSOD?

Assistance from the community would be greatly appreciated none the less. While the problem seems to have abated following physically removing the power over ethernet adapter, my experience has told me that this could very well happen again and I would rather be prepared for it and avoid 24 hours of outage etc.

Thanks in advance

:)

marko4400, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 2, 2019
  3. IRQL bsod back again? >.<

Could be a driver issue, I kept getting BSODs saying IRQL not less or equal then I removed an app called DSLMON.exe and it went away *Smile BSOD - Windows 10 crash and its relationship with network connectivity issues - IRQL NOT... :)

oli_ramsay, Oct 2, 2019
  4. kyle2020 Win User

BSOD - Windows 10 crash and its relationship with network connectivity issues - IRQL NOT...

IRQL bsod back again? >.<

cant find that oli, so it must be an issue elsewhere. Im getting rather annoyed at the prospect of having a previously reliable machine that after 2 weeks of downtime is now crashing upwards of 5 times a day under normal use :shadedshu

kyle2020, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD - Windows 10 crash and its relationship with network connectivity issues - IRQL NOT... - Similar Threads - BSOD crash relationship

2. IRQL BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL BSOD Issue: Is there anyone can address my pc issue? tnx in advanceLog Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 27/09/2022 12:37:43 AM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: CardelAudi Description: The computer...
  3. IRQL BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL BSOD Issue: Is there anyone can address my pc issue? tnx in advanceLog Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 27/09/2022 12:37:43 AM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: CardelAudi Description: The computer...
  4. BSOD IRQL crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL crash: I've been struggling with the crash relating to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for quite a while now and it usually came around after a windows update where I would crash 1 or 2 times and then it'd be fine until the next update but more recently I have been experiencing blue...
  5. Trust Relationship Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trust Relationship Issues: All the computers on my domain have domain trust issues. I am able to login perfectly into the domain without cached credentials but the following always happens: What errors do you see? PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> test-computersecurechannel False The secure channel always...
  6. Windows 10 network connection issue

Windows 10 network connection issue: I am currently Win 10 ver 1909, on an Acer laptop. I have been experiencing loss of internet. It still shows connected and secured. However, I cannot connect to a site. I have used all the self help troubleshooting available with Win 10, and the problem cannot be found. The...
  7. Trust Relationship Issue

Trust Relationship Issue: I have an HP 8200 Elite computer running Windows 10 v. 1903. It is in a domain setting with a DHCP address. It is connected to a Windows 2003 server. I have one computer that has a frequent problem with the trust relationship between server and client. The computer has...
  8. Windows network not connecting when it says its connecting (windows 10)

Windows network not connecting when it says its connecting (windows 10): when i try to connect to my network, it says it is connecting but it changes to no bars(it is full bars when i try to connect), and when i put in the key it just says its connecting, then asks me to put it in again. I have a hidden network which my phone and other devices in...
  9. Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.

Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.: Hi, I have a couple of users now who have reported that they experience issues while connecting to the network drives. This happens randomly so it is actually hard to reproduce the problem. This has happened when the employee is working remotely and also when the employee...
  10. BSoD IRQL crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD IRQL crashes: Keep getting BSoD. Did a fresh reinstall of windows and still getting crashes on a completely new install. Mostly driver IRQLs, but also some page in non-paged. Updated drivers, unplugged unnecessary peripherals. Still continues to happen. Thought it might be my network card...