Windows 10: BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue?

Discus and support BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unfortunately, the issue isn't resolved. After keeping the lid closed for a little longer than i tried earlier (i suppose closing the lid doesn't let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ozfunghi, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ozfunghi Win User

BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue?

Unfortunately, the issue isn't resolved. After keeping the lid closed for a little longer than i tried earlier (i suppose closing the lid doesn't let it go to sleep by itself, but only after a certain amount of time), the laptop again BSOD'd a few minutes after i opened the lid.

Just to be sure, i checked and the Intel Rapid Storage Tech is still disabled in msconfig.

ozfunghi, Sep 16, 2015
  2. axe0 New Member

Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

3. ozfunghi Win User
    My girlfriend claimed it even just rebooted in the middle of her doing something, without even a blue screen, this morning. I think that's the first time that happened (unless it was a scheduled reboot after installing some updates or something).

Edit: crap, it (BSOD) just happened again while i was ready to post... i'll run the tool again first.

Attachment 37961

ozfunghi, Sep 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Here is what I find
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffffe001eb993cca, 0, fffff801c4225565, 2} Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] and some activity that could point to the hard drive.

Please follow instructions below

BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue? [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-how-use.html

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. ozfunghi Win User
    I just tried memtest86+ again, now with an external dvd drive, burned the ISO, changed the boot order... nothing. Tried it on my own laptop... nothing. I don't understand why it's such a pain to get this program to boot properly, while the regular memtest86 worked flawlessly from the first try. This is enfuriating. Is there another tool that can be used that DOES work?

I had also tried driver verifier two weeks ago, and came back without any issues.

It says Seatools can't be used on SSD, but the HDD in the laptop has a small SSD partition on it (i think it was for fast boot or something). Is that a problem?

ozfunghi, Sep 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please test the hard drive.

7. ozfunghi Win User
    So? That's not a problem?

ozfunghi, Sep 19, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

9. axe0 New Member
    Please run disk management to show where the SSD partition is.

10. ozfunghi Win User
    Yes, Checkdisk did not find any problems (on c). The reason why i brought it up, was that this SSD partition is hidden and doesn't have a drive letter assigned to it, and i can't check it with checkdisk, i think. Because the problem usually occurs after wake-up, i was thinking it, if the problem lies with the HDD, would be the most likely culprit.

ozfunghi, Sep 19, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please try the following in admin command prompt
    • Type diskpart and press enter
    • list disk (in case you have multiple hard drives)
    • sel disk X (number of the disk)
    • list partition

Please make a screenshot of the command prompt

12. axe0 New Member
    Alright, no SeaTools because of a SSHD hard drive and the hard drive should be fine.

For the sleep / hibernate issue I have done some research, since many people are having this problem.
    The best solution I can give is to not use these functions, until Microsoft releases a / multiple fixe(s) for this.
    But you might want to try the following and see if it solves the sleep / hibernate BSOD problem
    Please try the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Have their recently been new bluescreens?

13. ozfunghi Win User

Ok, it's scanning now, thanks.

Just a quick question... how did you recognize the SSHD part and which one is it?

ozfunghi, Sep 19, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    SSHD stands for Solid State Hybrid Drive, it is a SSD within a HDD.
    The speed of a SSD but the space of a HDD.

15. ozfunghi Win User
    It says it found corrupt files and succesfully repaired them and logged them. I will now restart and repeat the process.

It has a small SSD for caching/boot/etc which benefits from a fast disk, but the 400+ GB are common HDD for storage, right? The question was, how did you recognize that it is indeed a hybrid, and which part of it is the SS part? I mean, there are plenty of hidden partitions.

ozfunghi, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue? - Similar Threads - BSOD kernel power

2. Sleep / Hibernate Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep / Hibernate Issues: Hi all - I have a new HP Spectre laptop and am having a strange issue. I have seen several others post on similar things but not exactly this one.I noticed that when I close the lid of my laptop it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate regardless of which setting I choose. Yes...
  3. Sleep / Hibernate Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep / Hibernate Issues: Hi all - I have a new HP Spectre laptop and am having a strange issue. I have seen several others post on similar things but not exactly this one.I noticed that when I close the lid of my laptop it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate regardless of which setting I choose. Yes...
  4. Sleep and Hibernation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Hibernation Issues: Hello,My Windows 11 PC closes all applications mimics a shutdown whenever I put my PC to sleep or hibernate for an extended period of time, typically over 3 hours....
  5. Sleep and Hibernation Issues

Sleep and Hibernation Issues: Hello,My Windows 11 PC closes all applications mimics a shutdown whenever I put my PC to sleep or hibernate for an extended period of time, typically over 3 hours....
  6. Hibernate/sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate/sleep issue: Greeting all, ill try not to wast your time. every time i try to hibernate the computer/desktop, it turns back on.from what i know, yesterday it had a blue screen whilst it was going into hibernation turning it back on, though the problem didn't show up then, i did moved the...
  7. Hibernate/sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate/sleep issue: Greeting all, ill try not to wast your time. every time i try to hibernate the computer/desktop, it turns back on.from what i know, yesterday it had a blue screen whilst it was going into hibernation turning it back on, though the problem didn't show up then, i did moved the...
  8. Hibernate/sleep issue

9. BSOD on sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on sleep/hibernate: I am getting a BSOD often when my PC goes into sleep mode. It is not every time, and the error codes I'm getting are different. This started about a month ago and has generated CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION, KERNEL THREAD PRIORITY FLOOR VIOLATION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE...
  10. Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10: Hello to all, i'm new of windows 10 but on windows 8.1 i have always used on my PC (not laptop) the hibernate function. Now if i close my desktop PC with hibernating it when i switch it on, the pc switch off completely it self when window starts to boot! Then i have to...