Windows 10: BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive

Discus and support BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I would really appreciate it if someone could help asap. All was working fine earlier today, but after leaving my pc in sleep mode to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mswin10, Aug 17, 2018.

1. mswin10 Win User

BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help asap. All was working fine earlier today, but after leaving my pc in sleep mode to go make a cup of tea, I came back and it wouldn't wake up. So I forced it to reboot. Since then it, it gives a BSOD error as soon as windows is supposed to boot up. So far I've swapped the older Samsung 840 ssd to a brand new Crucial 500gb, fresh installed win10, but it's still doing exactly the same.

I've also swapped the sata cables and connectors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

mswin10, Aug 17, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2018
  4. BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive

little cat, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive

1. BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive - Similar Threads - BSOD hard drive

2. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to new hard drive: Looking to move my C drive and my copy of windows 10 to a new hard drive. How can I do this? Someone recommend just making a clone? Can I do that with windows without messing anything up?...
  3. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to new hard drive: Looking to move my C drive and my copy of windows 10 to a new hard drive. How can I do this? Someone recommend just making a clone? Can I do that with windows without messing anything up?...
  4. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  7. New Hard Drive BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive BSOD: Hey guys, I purchased a new hard drive about two months ago but I've been receiving problems ever since. While I'm using the hard drive it randomly displays a BSOD with various errors and then reboots. Upon switching on I receive a "Hard drive not installed" message which...
  8. Windows 10 on new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 on new hard drive.: I have recently acquired an HP Notebook 17-p121wm but it has a bad hard drive. I can't log in to the computer. If I replace the hard drive will they come with windows 10 already on it? Is it stored somewhere else on the laptop? Or am I going to have to purchase windows 10?...
  9. BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive?: Hoping to get some help troubleshooting a BSOD/Shutdown that just occurred. I added two sticks of RAM about 10 days ago to my XPS 8700 and had no problems at all afterward. So yesterday I added a third hard drive and all seemed ok. I was in the process of copying up a...
  10. BSOD fresh install on new hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD fresh install on new hard drive: Hi, I have been getting the VERY FUN irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD after doing a fresh install on a brand new SSD. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the BSOD. Here are the files: DESKTOP-T065BLG-2018-12-17_131645_32.zip 123637