Windows 10: BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:...

Discus and support BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of the Hyper-V VMs crashed with BSOD intermittently. System details; OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaril Nambiar, Sep 30, 2020.

1. BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:...

One of the Hyper-V VMs crashed with BSOD intermittently.

System details;

Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

System Model Virtual Machine

System Type x64-based PC

Installed Physical Memory RAM:16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory: 16.0 GB

Available Physical Memory: 9.96 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 21.4 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 15.5 GB

Page File Space 5.37 GB

Page File: C:\pagefile.sys

Dump analysis;

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: caagstart.exe

MODULE_NAME: nt

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_INVALID_nt!MiSystemFault

Palo Alto endpoint protection and Windows defender is there in the VM.

Can somebody help to find whether this is the OS issue on an anti-virus problem or the Arcserve backup agent issue?

The Memory dump file is available in the following link --> Dump

:)

Jaril Nambiar, Sep 30, 2020

2. Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your support.

The setup is quite simple:

• The Hyper-V Server is a Root-Server in the Internet (not in a domain). It is only managed by myself (whatever that means BSOD  Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM  PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50  BUCKET_ID:... :) )
    • The server is a "Hyper-V Server 2016" (see e.g. https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/evalcenter/evaluate-hyper-v-server-2016)
    • My Notebook connect's via Server Manager (This connection uses 8 kBit/se or less on average)
    • When I open Hyper-V (via the Server Manager) it uses 500kBit/s permanently, without even connecting to a VM. Just listing the VMs on the server.

Michael

wallenstein0961, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Hi,

I'm performing initial testing with Hyper-V on an Hp DL360 gen 10 server. The first ethernet port is in use by the main Win 2016 OS installed on the server. I'd like to use one of the 3 available ethernet ports to act as the network/internet connect for
    the Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It will sit on the same VLAN as the main server connection and the Ip address in Hyper-V will be a static IP address.

I've been walking through the Hyper V instructions to set up a virtual switch using the selected port, but havent' been successful in setting the network in the VM as desired. In Virtual switch manager, i created a new swtich and de-selected the option
    for "Allow management operating system to share the network adapter. However, I've been unable to get a network connection in the VM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

kevinmmscommunity, Sep 30, 2020
  4. BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:...

License for Windows server 2016 Standard

Hi, I have question related with Windows Server 2016 Standard.

I have A server, It's hardware is 2 xeon and memory 64 GB. I want to install it with Windows Server 2016 Standard edition.

And I want to use Hyper-V and install 4 Hyper-V (Windows too). I read that it's not possible. Because Windows Server 2016 standard is only allow 2 hyper-V + 1 main server.

Is it possible I add 2 more license for hyper-V, so I will have 4 Hyper-V VM ?

or is it possible if I run 2 Hyper-V VM (windows server) with additional 2 VM (Linux) ?

Thanks

M.SolehFajari, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:...

1. BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:... - Similar Threads - BSOD Server 2016

2. [BSOD] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BSOD] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: my pc bsods every now and then but sometimes it just glitches out the pc would display pixel that are not the same as the others and freezes until i force shutdown the pc here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnxFqKwNL0wigtQ96B7XabkTOUPhtg?e=edHU8r...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Upgrade a 2008 server in Hyper v vm to 2012 server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade a 2008 server in Hyper v vm to 2012 server: Hi I am running hyper v manager on my windows 10 pro pc. I am running 2008 server on the hyper v manager and I want to upgrade it to 2012 server. When I click on the install now button it does the copy files but does not go to the windows update window to continue the...
  5. Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016: I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does not present as...
  6. Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2/ and 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2/ and 2016: Have this weird problem recently. Can't access some sites in Windows Server 2012R2 and Server 2016 VM, on Hyper-V, via the Default Switch(NAT). And the sites it can access, like google.com and facebook.com , are taking time to load. This issue is only with these two...
  7. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  8. HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote: funny thing is I can create the VM now on the HYPER-V server but PING still fails !!!! Not really funny. Ping response is disabled by default on firewall of all server SKUs and that is a fairly sensible thing to do if you think about it. You can enable it with netsh...
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016: Hi there @ I can't answer your specific questions on HYPER-V but I know all about "Breaking Netflix" - even the Dog starts barking madly. !!!! I don't think there's any major problem to having a server on a home LAN (I have 2 Linux servers on a LAN plus a whole slew of...