Windows 10: BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.

Discus and support BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had 16Gb of RAM since I got my PC, but I've only ever used 8Gb because as soon as my ram usage goes over the 8gb mark, my system has a bsod. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spackery_Plums, Jan 11, 2020.

1. BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.

I've had 16Gb of RAM since I got my PC, but I've only ever used 8Gb because as soon as my ram usage goes over the 8gb mark, my system has a bsod. My specs are Ryzen 2400g, RX 580, Asus prime b350 plus mobo, samsung 970 evo ssd, corsair vengeance 3200 RAM 2x8Gb. Ive run the memtests, driver updates, windows updates but nothing I've tried has fixed this. Any suggestion/help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Spackery_Plums
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spackery_Plums, Jan 11, 2020
  2. ronkolda Win User

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Jan 11, 2020
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

hi,

I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator.

PaulPChou, Jan 11, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.

z97x gaming 5 with 16gb Ram

for sure. Th 1866 support will come from the IMC on the CPU, and the board will support 16GB easily. Check the motherboard manufacturer compatibility listing to be totally certain the brand of RAM will work.

Many additional brands will work, but have not been tested to make their list, so you'd be on your own if not on the list.

rtwjunkie, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.

1. BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed. - Similar Threads - BSOD 16gb RAM

2. High RAM Usage with 16gb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High RAM Usage with 16gb: My pc shows 50% RAM usage when idle. I have 16gb's of RAM, I don't know how to fix this, can someone help me? submitted by /u/Appletee_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqglu5/high_ram_usage_with_16gb/
  3. 16gb ram but only 7.93gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16gb ram but only 7.93gb: I have a 16gb ram and windows shows 2x8 but in the control panel it shows that 16gb 7.93 usable I tried everything but it didn't work I noticed that the rest of the frame is used by HARDWARE RESERVED 8.1gb usable so the "hardware reserved" frame would be used by someone...
  4. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  5. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  6. Hardware Reserved Ram 32Gb installed 16Gb In Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Reserved Ram 32Gb installed 16Gb In Use: I just bought one more stick of ram off amazon (Ballistix Gaming Memory 16Gb DDR4 3200), I installed the ram to my recommended slot (a1). I opened up task manager it said, Memory 32 GB 15.9 GB usage. I checked bios it said 16 GB capacity but it showed it sees my two sticks of...
  7. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?: hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-of-ram-or-16gb-of-ram-in-win-10/e3bac01e-ee6e-4a67-96a2-a72e245aa3c1
  8. Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?

Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?: System Summary says only 4.13GB total physical memory. It is making it impossible to game. I ran the memory diagnostic tool and no problems were found. On Memtest86, the following error was the only one found: Unexpected Interrupt - Halting CPU0 Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7...
  9. BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes

BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm french. I post here because i think this is the only forum can help me... My situation : I have a configuration with 16Gb of RAM but I have some BSOD with 16Gb when i play games or when i watch videos on netflix or youtube or simply when i...
  10. Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable): I have an HP Pavilion 500-246 that I got a great deal on at Office Max. I've been very happy with it, but I have a habit of opening multiple tabs in Firefox and it gets bogged down. I decided to add another 8 GB of RAM to the machine, and now even though the BIOS recognizes...