Windows 10: BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020

Discus and support BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After an update on September this year my computer started presenting a BSOD consistently after a few minutes of using it. What I did so far: 1-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VitorMedina Cruz, Oct 2, 2020.

1. BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020

After an update on September this year my computer started presenting a BSOD consistently after a few minutes of using it. What I did so far:

1- Restore windows to remove update - failed;

2- Restore windows to previous backup - failed;

3- Reinstalled windows 10 - BSOD still happening;

4- Tested every piece of hardware multiple analysis tools such as memtest, checkdisk, phoronic, aida etc etc, changing them by other in order to pinpoint the one with problem except motherboard:

- Mems are ok;

- Video Card ok;

- HD ok;

- Supply ok;

5- Updated every driver available, used Driver Doc + Driver Easy + AVG Driver Updater;

Problem still happening. It only works on recovery mode, which I am using to write this post.

My computer specifications: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8tiojpgqd6l7ha/SystemIfo.txt?dl=0

Minidumps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/csdclbvxtclsvo6/minidumps.zip?dl=0

Aida system specifications: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk63se7iktavl1f/SystemInfoAIDA.txt?dl=0

I appreciate any help,

Vitor

:)

VitorMedina Cruz, Oct 2, 2020

2. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 2, 2020
  3. mlock2020 Win User
    Windows Update September 2020

Updated PC with the latest Windows 10 September 2020 update - the update loaded and then changed to uninstalling the update indicating there was a problem. The PC has crashed and attempts to boot are unsuccessful.

mlock2020, Oct 2, 2020
  4. BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020

Microsoft September 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes
    September 2020 Security Updates
    Release Date: September 08, 2020

The September 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• [*]Microsoft Windows
      [*]Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
      [*]Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
      [*]Microsoft ChakraCore
      [*]Internet Explorer
      [*]SQL Server
      [*]Microsoft JET Database Engine
      [*]Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
      [*]Microsoft Dynamics
      [*]Visual Studio
      [*]Microsoft Exchange Server
      [*]SQL Server
      [*]ASP.NET
      [*]Microsoft OneDrive
      [*]Azure DevOps
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• [*]For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will
      also share the same security update KBs.
      [*]Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
      [*]For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
      [*]A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
      [*]Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
      [*]In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
      [*]Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for
      more information.
      [*]There is a change coming with regards to Servicing Stack Updates. Please see Simplifying SSUs for more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for
    this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200908.
    For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of
    Windows are in the left pane).

KB Article Applies To
    4484488 SharePoint Foundation 2013
    4484515 SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013
    4486667 SharePoint Foundation 2010
    4570333 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4571756 Windows 10, version 2004
    4577015 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016
    4577038 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)
    4577048 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)
    4577051 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4577053 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4577064 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4577066 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4577070 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Security-only update)
    4577071 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)
    4577352 Exchange Server 2019, Exchange Server 2016

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020

1. BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020 - Similar Threads - BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED update

2. Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found: Hi There, completely stumped with troubleshooting. Hope someone here can provide some insight. Please see below for all troubleshooting I have tried. Log outputs along with system specs at the end. Symptoms - after Win10 update last week, computer will boot in to Windows...
  3. BSOD "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" on Windows 10

BSOD "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" on Windows 10: Hello For a while apparently since a Windows update in September, the desktop computer of one of my relatives randomly crashes with a BSOD, with the error name “KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED”. After several trials, I decided to go to a completely fresh Windows installation...
  4. Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hi, I keep having a BSOD on my computer. I've tried a lot of things and have now reformatted the SSD and reinstalled Win10, however it continues to do it. I've removed each RAM module, however it keeps crashing and I'm out of ideas. I've searched extensively for a solution,...
  5. September 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    September 2020 update: Since the update, when I put computer to sleep, then want it to wake up I am taken to the lock screen and log on rather than to where I left off. How to alter this please....
  6. Windows Update September 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update September 2020: Updated PC with the latest Windows 10 September 2020 update - the update loaded and then changed to uninstalling the update indicating there was a problem. The PC has crashed and attempts to boot are unsuccessful....
  7. September 2020 Windows 10 update

September 2020 Windows 10 update: Two or three weeks ago I got a notification that Windows 10 needed to restart to load updates, and I was asked if I wanted to "restart now" or "schedule a restart". I scheduled a restart for the early morning hours when I wouldn't be working. The restart did not take place...
  8. Cumulative updates - September 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates - September 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on August 11th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 2004 -KB4571756 Build 19041.508 Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1082 and 18363.1082 Windows 10 1809- KB4570333, Build...
  9. BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004

BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004: Have been encountering several BSoDs after successfully updated to version 2004. Already checked through and updated any outdated drivers. Still encountering crashes after updating drivers, successful DISM checks and sfc scans. Not sure why it happens, might be due to way...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Windows 10 BSOD- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, I have recently been getting a BSOD approximately every 2 days, with the error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. There is no driver listed at the end of the error code. I have checked all of my GPU and Network card drivers, and they are all up to date. I ran the...