Windows 10: BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code, upon rebooting D: drive is no longer in file...

Discus and support BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code, upon rebooting D: drive is no longer in file... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i can provide the .dmg file for the crash if needed, i tried examining it myself but i don't have any experience with reading that sort of output so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/c_rbon, Apr 21, 2020.

1. /u/c_rbon Win User

BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code, upon rebooting D: drive is no longer in file...

i can provide the .dmg file for the crash if needed, i tried examining it myself but i don't have any experience with reading that sort of output so i didn't get very far

i was in the middle of playing minecraft when all of a sudden my computer froze up and bsod'd, with the error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation. upon rebooting, i noticed some shortcuts to things on my d: drive on my desktop and taskbar were missing. i opened file explorer and my entire d: drive wasn't showing up, only my c: and f: drives (f: is an external usb drive). this same thing occurs in disk management as well.

this exact issue has happened to me before, somewhat recently as a matter of fact, and i remember literally just being on my desktop after browsing chrome for a while when it happened then. i assumed my drive died, so i admitted defeat and kept using my laptop as normal, reinstalling some programs and games to my c: drive.

the kicker is that after a few days, my drive suddenly started working again, same as it used to, and none of my data was corrupted or lost. i did nothing differently, so i don't have any explanation for why it had suddenly come back to life. i just turned on my laptop one day and it was just there.

so now that this exact situation is unfolding again, i'm asking for help diagnosing it. looking up the error code, i'm receiving a wide variety of reasons that could make that code appear, but nothing about a whole drive going missing as a result. so i'm asking for direct help. i use that storage for everything aside from my os and programs, so it's very important to me that i get the drive working again. any assistance is appreciated.

submitted by /u/c_rbon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/c_rbon, Apr 21, 2020
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Apr 21, 2020
  4. BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code, upon rebooting D: drive is no longer in file...

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code, upon rebooting D: drive is no longer in file...

1. BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code, upon rebooting D: drive is no longer in file... - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation error

2. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  3. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  4. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSoD error upon login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSoD error upon login: Good day to everyone. I have recently been suffering from a BSoD with the error name: DPC_Watchdog_Violation (no error code with it) This error seems to occur upon login and I cannot do anything because even if I waited and then enter my password, the system would freeze...
  6. BSOD With Stop Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD With Stop Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I have a customer of mine who recently got a Surface Laptop 3 and has been getting BSOD crashes with the stop code of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have performed Windows updates, Surface driver/firmware updates, ran SFC scan, ran a chkdsk, but the issue still happens. I...
  7. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and before the BSOD, the system starts to freeze and audio repeats itself like when system runs out of RAM. Here there are two...
  8. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the...
  9. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, error (133) driving me crazy

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, error (133) driving me crazy: System Config: GA-970A-UD3 1.1 AMD FX-6100, 16G RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD WD 1TB SATA III ST 1TB SATA III I continue to get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have updated BIOS, MB Drivers (Realtek LAN and Audio) , NVIDIA Drivers. I have disabled...
  10. ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been having issues recently with my ASUS laptop getting the BSOD on a regular basis when watching videos (specifically youtube) and recently when not watching anything at all, although this is the first time it has happened while not watching a video, or having a video...