Windows 10: BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Discus and support BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This crash happens pretty regularly; never twice in a single day, but at least once or twice a week. The code is always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brian_751, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Brian_751 Win User

BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

This crash happens pretty regularly; never twice in a single day, but at least once or twice a week.

The code is always VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL.

My computer always boots successfully after the crash.

My graphics card's drivers are up to date.

A download for the MEMORY.DMP and MSInfo file can be found here.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

Brian_751, Feb 20, 2021

2. BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with your PC as you receive BSOD with the error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL. I certainly appreciate your efforts in sharing the necessary details to analyze the issue.

The VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL bug check has a value of 0x0000010E. This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.

Upon checking the dump files, I found that the file dxgmms2.sys is causing the BSOD on the system.

I would suggest you to uninstall the graphics drivers and then re-install them from the

manufacturer website
    to see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand Display Adapters.
    4. Right click on the Display drivers and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on OK.
    7. Do not restart the PC.

In addition, I see that there is a BIOS update available for the PC. You can also try updating the BIOS and see if that helps. The BIOS update can be downloaded from the

manufacturer website

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Aubble Win User

This crash happens pretty regularly; never twice in a single day, but at least once or twice a month.

The code is always VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL.

The BSOD is also always colored strangely when I get the above code; it looks like the colors are inverted or somehow changed, and it definitely doesn't look like it's supposed to happen.

My computer always boots successfully after the crash.

My graphics card's drivers are up to date.

DMP Files

MSinfo File

I'd provide a photo of what the glitched BSOD looks like, but I forgot to take one.

Looking for a permanent fix; this crash has been happening for at least a year and a half.

***Original title: Video Memory Management Internal and a glitched "blue"screen.***

Aubble, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Aubble Win User

Well, I'm now attempting to reinstall both of the Display Adapter drivers (which I have also now uninstalled).

Both the Intel HD Graphics 530 driver and the nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers which I downloaded from the link you provided me are refusing to install for the same reason; "Your device does not meet the minimum requirements". The Intel 530 driver says it
    is specifically made for three different Intel processors, one of which being the exact processor I have, the Intel Core i7-6700HQ. I don't understand what minimum requirement I'm missing, and I can't figure any reason why the nVIDIA driver isn't installing
    either.

I haven't yet made any attempt to install the BIOS update, since it claims it would restart my PC, and you've told me not to restart the PC (I asumme until I reinstall everything).

Help me Prakhar_Khare, you're my only hope.

Aubble, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL - Similar Threads - BSOD error code

2. BSOD error with the stop code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error with the stop code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: My PC have suddenly have this problem on and off. the blue screen will come on even after i restart the my computer. how do i slove it? i have try CMD, sfc/scannow. it shows that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online...
  3. BSOD error with the stop code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error with the stop code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: My PC have suddenly have this problem on and off. the blue screen will come on even after i restart the my computer. how do i slove it? i have try CMD, sfc/scannow. it shows that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online...
  4. BSOD error with the stop code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: This crash happens very regularly, usually twice or thrice a day.The code is always VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL.My computer always boots successfully after the crash....
  6. Error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: This crash happens very regularly, usually twice or thrice a day.The code is always VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL.My computer always boots successfully after the crash....
  7. BSOD VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

BSOD VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: I am currently getting bluescreens everytime I am streaming on streamlabs obs and was on windows 10 & 11initially and ran sfc, updated video drivers, ocf stress testing, cpu gpu and memory, error happens randomly and the error code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL occurs. I...
  8. BSOD with stop code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

BSOD with stop code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: I've been getting a lot of BSODs with the stop code VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL and I don't know what the problem is. I got 3 DMP files, my specifications, and my MSInfo32. Please help me identify the problem so I can figure out how to fix it! File:...
  9. BSoD error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

BSoD error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: Computer keeps blue screening and monitor keeps flashing black then lagging my programs. It's happening very frequently, today alone it's 7 or 10 times just for blue screening, and the same amount if not more for black screening. It's been going on for the past 3 or 4 days...
  10. BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

BSOD with error code: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL: This crash happens pretty regularly; never twice in a single day, but at least once or twice a month. The code is always VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL. The BSOD is also always colored strangely when I get the above code; it looks like the colors are inverted or somehow...