Windows 10: BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a new pc about a month ago now and it has crashed about 8 or 9 times all with the error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. These crashes occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KyleStewart7, Aug 28, 2019.

1. BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

I built a new pc about a month ago now and it has crashed about 8 or 9 times all with the error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. These crashes occur randomly (idle, in game, browsing the web) and I can not seem to figure out exactly is going on in my case, despite looking at countless threads online.

More info about the crash:
    Bug check code: 0x0000009c
    Parameter 1: 0000000000000000
    Parameter 2: ffff9a81a554ccd0
    Parameter 3: 0000000000000000
    Parameter 4: 0000000000000000
    Caused by driver: hal.dll
    Caused by address: hal.dll+491e1
    Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0
    Event ID: 1001

My PC:
    Intel Core i5-9600k
    Corsair H100i CPU cooler
    ASUS Prime Z390-A
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 3000Hz
    WD NVMe SSD 500GB
    Samsung QVO SSD 1TB
    MSI GeForce RTX 2070
    Corsair RMx 750 W 80+ Gold
    Windows 10 64-bit
    BIOS Vers. 1105

I have already tried these things to fix this issue but they have not worked:
    • Windows 10 reset
    • Update GPU drivers
    • Update BIOS utilities, chipset, LAN, audio drivers
    • Enable/disable XMP settings for my memory, trying both auto BIOS settings and manual at 3000Hz (its possible I just still don't have some of these setting correct. and yes the voltage is at 1.35)
    • Disabled conflicting audio drivers
    • Update windows and all other system drivers I could find in device manager
    • Ran memtest86+ through multiple passes on both sticks together and separately without error
    • Disabled fast startup
    • Ran sfc /scannow and DISM command with no errors
    Any opinions, suggestions, or solutions would be greatly appreciated. This is getting quite annoying at this point, thanks.

:)

KyleStewart7, Aug 28, 2019

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 28, 2019
  3. a_ump Win User
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bsod

well i recently built my friend a computer with the following specs

Athlon II x2 250(3ghz),
    g.skill 4gb 2x2gb ddr2 1066,
    Biostar TA790GX XE AM2+/AM3
    OCZ modxstrem Pro 600w

now we put it together no problem, it boots up fine every time. The problem we're having is that i insert the windows vista installation disc and it starts to load but every single time it gets to the end of the loading bar there's bout 2 sec where the screen is blackish n then a BSOD stating this

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

now i googled this real quick as i have to go to work and what i found out is that this is usually due to a hardware issue. But wouldn't there be other side affects? i have to go to work but any comments will be greatly appreciated. be back at 9.

a_ump, Aug 28, 2019
  4. BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

BSOD - MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Hi,

I got BSOD twice for MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and i followed this wiki to check my drivers:

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

I got DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION .

Here are the minidumps and specs of my pc.

One drive link

Steps already performed:

1) Ran a system file check (SFC) -> All good. Ran it three times.

2) Did driver verifier and got DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION

3) Minidump for DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION included in one drive.

MehulMittal, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

1. BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSOD error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

2. BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I switched my GPU from a GTX 1060 6GB to an RTX 2060 Super this summer, since then I have started to experience complete computer crashes every ~2 weeks or so. It happens at any random moment, while watching Youtube vids, gaming or other tasks. My monitors completely freeze...
  3. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.: Everytime I try to boot my PC, the loading crashes and gives me a BSOD. It has a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error. It then restarts and loops crashing and restarting. Anyone know any fixes?...
  4. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  5. Machine_check_Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine_check_Exception BSOD: Hi, I've been having crashes for almost a year now and I haven't been able to figure out why so yesterday I decided to delete all my files and reinstall Windows 10 and I still got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD crash. Also, the crashes only happens when I'm playing a game...
  6. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  7. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  8. Machine_check_exception BSOD (hal.dll error)

Machine_check_exception BSOD (hal.dll error): Hello all, I've had a problem tonight that has happened before, but usually not so much that is causes a blue screen. (Usually just computer lag, very slow mouse cursor, any graphics being shown slow down) Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds it could be a RAM related...
  9. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD: For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics...
  10. Bsod - machine_check_exception

Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hello Ladies & Gents! I'm a SevenForums member, DreadStar/DreadStarX! It's been a long time since I've been on here, and found that SF/EF/TF is one of the best resources for OS Problems. So, here's the problem. When I boot up VMWare Workstation, and attempt to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hal.dll 491e1 ntoskrnl.exe 1bfcc0