Windows 10: bsod with error message attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory or irql_not_less_or_equal...

Discus and support bsod with error message attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory or irql_not_less_or_equal... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently had this issue occur where every time I play a game it will bsod with one of these 2 error messages, I've looked through it and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lizardplays, Apr 14, 2020.

1. bsod with error message attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory or irql_not_less_or_equal...

I've recently had this issue occur where every time I play a game it will bsod with one of these 2 error messages, I've looked through it and they are driver issues, but when I try and update the drivers it says they are updated, and when I run scans through the seagate official diagnostic app it comes back with it being completely fine. my graphics card is also up to date and I have the latest Windows updates yet it still happens, could anybody please help me with this?

submitted by /u/Lizardplays
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lizardplays, Apr 14, 2020

2. Irql_not_less_or_equal

So I have this clients PC that blue screens and gives a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A error message. Error Goblin (link in sig) says the following:

And I have NO IDEA what the hell that means. It has wrapped around my head 5 times and caused it to explode. Ive ran memtest for 7 and a half hours and it didnt find any errors. I will probably run it again overnight just to be safe. Ive also cleaned out the computer with an air compressor and checked the hard drive for bad sectors are none are to be found.

Im trying like hell to avoid reinstalling Windows but it seems unlikely.

Im going to try updating some drivers and see what happens. Some of the drivers on this computer date back to 2007.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Alright so it doesnt look like ill be able to get onto the internet to do anything because nearly every time i try, i get the BSOD. Format seems imminent.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 25, 2020
  3. Just got a BSOD with error driver irql_not_less_or_equal (nwifi.sys)

Hi Willy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When exactly do you get this error message BSOD?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Also, I suggest you to remove all the connected external hardware device and check.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 25, 2020
  4. bsod with error message attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory or irql_not_less_or_equal...

BSOD error messages, assumed to be from overclocking.

Alright, I got this error message today and it was the only one I had time to be able to see and write down. This is what it said.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x00000004, (0x6D58337f, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X806E772F)

any clues to what this is. Too much voltage to proc? Unstable FSB setting with a 3x LDT (HTT) and 8.5 on my Opty 165 mutli?

thanks guys

WarEagleAU, May 25, 2020
Thema:

bsod with error message attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory or irql_not_less_or_equal...

1. bsod with error message attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory or irql_not_less_or_equal... - Similar Threads - bsod error message

2. 0x000000BE BSOD Attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x000000BE BSOD Attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory: The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffff90f91760b013, 0x8a00000000200121, 0xfffff6003cfaf1e0, 0x000000000000000bThe link to dmp file:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/103FX0vd-e1WCapOMd01OPvwcifgPPVC8Can anyone help and view this dmp file.Thankyou very much!...
  3. 0x000000BE BSOD Attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x000000BE BSOD Attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory: The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffff90f91760b013, 0x8a00000000200121, 0xfffff6003cfaf1e0, 0x000000000000000bThe link to dmp file:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/103FX0vd-e1WCapOMd01OPvwcifgPPVC8Can anyone help and view this dmp file.Thankyou very much!...
  4. 0x000000BE BSOD Attempted_to_write_to_readonly_memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD error - irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD error - irql_not_less_or_equal: My PC has gone through several errors which I assume I managed to fix but I don't exactly know what is causing the problem right now. I would be really glad if someone could tell me what the problem is being caused by. Link below is for the dump file. Thank you in advance for...
  6. BSOD with error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD with error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: My PC have been encountering BSODs with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for the past few days. Here's the event log information. If anyone can help me out that'd be great! Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 6/18/2019...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Error (BSOD)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Error (BSOD): Hello, Hoping to find some support for this issue. It's happened twice about a half hour apart today and starting to disrupt my workflow :( Here's a link to both minidumps. Last time I checked my RAM with the memory diagnostic no errors were found. I was also running...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Error (BSOD)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Error (BSOD): Hello, So things were going well for a while, no BSOD, until today. Glad I was able to restart to find and backup my important data. Hoping someone can take a peek at my minidump and find out what's wrong? These errors are giving me mini heart attacks :( Here's a link...
  9. BSOD error IRQL_Not_Less_OR_Equal

BSOD error IRQL_Not_Less_OR_Equal: Hello I am having an issue with a bsod that I can not determine the cause. I have run memtest86, windows memory diagnostic, reassembled the hardware, and tried a clean install. The bsod appears about 20 minutes after the first boot. If I then turn the computer off and turn...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and various other BSOD Messages.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and various other BSOD Messages.: Hello all, I'm very new here so I hope I have followed the rules right! I have been having issues non stop with blue screens that seem to always relate to ntoskrnl.exe. I tend to get them every week or so, but i only have 4 logs due to a system restore not too long ago to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop code: attempted write to readonly memory