Windows 10: BSOD with Hauppauge IR32

Discus and support BSOD with Hauppauge IR32 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded two of my PCs from 8.1 to 10 (x64) and I have a BSOD problem with my TV Stick. The driver works fine, I can see the TV on whatever app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eXtremeDevil, Sep 30, 2015.

1. BSOD with Hauppauge IR32

Hi, I upgraded two of my PCs from 8.1 to 10 (x64) and I have a BSOD problem with my TV Stick. The driver works fine, I can see the TV on whatever app, and also does the mini hauppauge app, IR32, which is used to recognize the remote buttons. But when I try to close that app, I get a BSOD. I can't even shutdown my PC. If I open it to watch some TV then there's no way to normally terminate the app or shutdown the PC. Once it's launched, prepare for a BSOD sooner or later.

Here are the dmp files, weirly with different failures, but all with the same origin.

Minidump.rar

The IR32 app looks old, so I'm afraid is not a matter of a newer TV receptor :S

:)

eXtremeDevil, Sep 30, 2015

2. Frequent BSOD after Windows 10 Anniversary Update with no dump file

BSODS are always a combination of things (drivers) so adding them back one at a time may not trigger a BSOD until the other driver is also loaded. Still I wouold give it a shot.

Frankly I suspect it is Hauppauge. I seem to remember there was an issue with either the driver or the hardware itself.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 30, 2015
  3. Frequent BSOD after Windows 10 Anniversary Update with no dump file

Thanks for your reply. The drivers were freshly updated when I ran Driver Verifier three times. For the Killer Bandwidth Control Filter, I simply uninstalled the program associated with the driver and ran DV again. Then it implicated the Audio Driver, so
    I deleted that driver and allowed Windows to replace it and ran DV again. Then it implicated the Hauppauge driver so I deleted that one also. Windows kept reloading it, so I disabled it.

I still got critical process BSODs, so I checked the Mobo website and found that they had updated their audio drivers a few days ago. I updated these drivers again, bringing the audio driver and the Hauppauge driver back up to date. Now the PC BSOD's almost
    constantly.

And it still hangs up on the BSOD and won't write a dump file.

Interestingly, the PC boots into safe mode okay, and I haven't noticed a BSOD while in Safe Mode, so perhaps the audio drivers are the culprit. Maybe they just don't play well with 1607.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Phillip_777, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

BSOD with Hauppauge IR32

1. BSOD with Hauppauge IR32 - Similar Threads - BSOD Hauppauge IR32

2. Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture": I got a computer used and someone installed a capture card on it last. Before I noticed it I upgraded the computer from Win 7 to Win 10 and also factory reset it. Now whenever I try to use the capture card, it's just static noise. The only things I know about it is: S-Video...
  3. Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture": I got a computer used and someone installed a capture card on it last. Before I noticed it I upgraded the computer from Win 7 to Win 10 and also factory reset it. Now whenever I try to use the capture card, it's just static noise. The only things I know about it is: S-Video...
  4. Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Affects latest Insider Builds - Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950 audio/video stutters with 2004, by...

Affects latest Insider Builds - Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950 audio/video stutters with 2004, by...: There's a big problem with Windows after about the 2004 version that affects A/V devices - either causing them to stutter or drivers not to install correctly. I've test installed 4 different major Windows releases to try and isolate the issue to Approximately what...
  6. Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950 audio/video stutters with 2004, by 20H1 drivers can't start /...

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950 audio/video stutters with 2004, by 20H1 drivers can't start /...: Hi, There's a big problem with Windows after about the 2004 version that affects A/V devices - either causing them to stutter or drivers not to install correctly. I've test installed 4 different major Windows releases to try and isolate the issue to about what generation it...
  7. Anyone found a fix for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR950 stuttering video & audio in 2004?

Anyone found a fix for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR950 stuttering video & audio in 2004?: WinTV v8 latest installer from the website. Fresh install of Win 1703 and 1909 and 2004 with surface pro 4 drivers, then wintv drivers and apps to test. No problems with live TV in 1703 and 1909, but stutters in 2004. LatencyMon shows wdf01000.sys is the main detected...
  8. wintv 8.0 from Hauppauge : The program's window keeps reopening all the time even if I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wintv 8.0 from Hauppauge : The program's window keeps reopening all the time even if I...: Hi I just try to reinstall it and happens again. I try an antivirus and it didn't detect any virus. Can be malware? Thanks Fernando *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Problems with Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 tuner card after fresh install.

Problems with Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 tuner card after fresh install.: Hi, I was happily using two tuner cards (the other is a Hauppauge HVR-2200) on my Windows 7 HTPC and decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 10. Everything was fine but for a problem with the PC going to sleep. I then did a clean install of Windows 7, which...
  10. Hauppauge WinTV 7.2 Software DVD - Can I share this or not ?

Hauppauge WinTV 7.2 Software DVD - Can I share this or not ?: Hello, just a legality question for you. Updating neighbors PC to Windows 10 - She currently uses WMC to watch Live TV. I want to install Hauppauge WinTV for her. I own a Hauppauge WinTV 7.2 DVD. Can I legally take it to my neighbors house and use mine to download,...