Windows 10: BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation

Discus and support BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, everyone: My device is Alienware 13 r3 with Intel i7-7700hq and Nvidia gtx 1060, running windows 10 64 bit 1809. Recently I got BSOD upon cold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZibinTan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ZibinTan Win User

BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation

Hello, everyone:

My device is Alienware 13 r3 with Intel i7-7700hq and Nvidia gtx 1060, running windows 10 64 bit 1809.

Recently I got BSOD upon cold boot or waking up from hibernation. Direct reboot from OS usually is OK.

I first tried to use windbg to analyze the minidump file, it suggested problem probably caused by ndisrfl.sys.

I learned that it is provided by Intel, so I uninstalled all Intel related driver including graphics and Intel ME components.

The problem remained. and the new dump file suggested problem caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

Unfortunately, I don't have the previous dump file, it was deleted automatically by the OS I guess. Please see the link below for the new dump file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=181CBAakXj9ScQgkL6aVSSxB5vkjylM8N

I use this laptop at working and it was really annoying when the BSOD occurs. Any help and suggestions are gratefully appreciated. Thank you!

Zibin

:)

ZibinTan, Jan 9, 2019
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jan 9, 2019
  3. yakideo Win User
    S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation [​IMG]

BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation - Similar Threads - BSOD internal power

2. BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]: I've encountered a BSOD for the third time, when I booted my PC from hibernation as well as once from a cold boot. The Machine just boots fine after the BSOD. I passed the Memtest with flying colours as well as sfc/scannow and a DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth. I've...
  3. BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]: I've encountered a BSOD for the third time, when I booted my PC from hibernation as well as once from a cold boot. The Machine just boots fine after the BSOD. I passed the Memtest with flying colours as well as sfc/scannow and a DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth. I've...
  4. BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  6. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  7. BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up

BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up: If I am in Windows 10 and choose "Restart" or the OS reboots from a software install/update, I get a BSOD after post. The screen reads: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors....
  8. BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up: If I am in Windows 10 and choose "Restart" or the OS reboots from a software install/update, I get a BSOD after post. The screen reads: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors....
  9. Internal power error after waking from sleeping

Internal power error after waking from sleeping: My computer experienced crashing after reawaking. This happens after I update the system to latest 1809. I have updated the drivers I know to the newest one. Can any one help me?...
  10. BSOD INTERNAL POWER ERROR After Hibernation Mode

BSOD INTERNAL POWER ERROR After Hibernation Mode: About a week ago I noticed an occasional BSOD with the following stopcode: INTERNAL POWER ERROR. This only occurs after my computer goes into hibernation mode. I see the BSOD when I try to take the computer out of hibernation. It started out as an occasional incident, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod on wake up windows 10 0x000000a0