Windows 10: BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update

Discus and support BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Never have I encountered the problems showing after upgrade to Win10 1803. BSOD with no cursor or rotating circle. This is a client's computer which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by roygecko, Jun 15, 2018.

1. roygecko Win User

BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update

Never have I encountered the problems showing after upgrade to Win10 1803. BSOD with no cursor or rotating circle. This is a client's computer which was upgraded from 8.1 Pro to Win10 Pro.

Two things were hit hard and I cannot get this machine to clear. First, Samsung Evo 850 SSDs in Raid 1 configuration. Second is the Nvidia card. Both got stomped. I have a USB with 1803 installed to help me at least see what I can, which is little.

I have tried DISM to clean things up, sfc /scannow and nothing helps. Perhaps my frustration is at a level causing me to not think of everything. I'm attaching two pics for some clarity: Intel Rapid Storage and the BIOS screen.

Thanks for your help.

:)

roygecko, Jun 15, 2018

2. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I do a lot of screen capture recordings and I can't have my mouse arrow popping up a blue circle every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not sure exactly when this started for me, but now that I'm ready to do some more recording
    I'm noticing it constantly.

Here's a solution I've found to at least stop the blue circle:

• Start with the Microsoft suggestion of going to the mouse properties.
    • Click on the "Pointers" tab.
    • Select the "Working In Background" pointer and click on "Browse"
    • Select the first mouse arrow option (the one that looks like a normal mouse arrow)
    This doesn't get rid of whatever is causing the system to have to keep working in the background, but it will at least make the blue circle stop popping up.

J Buchmann, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

I did a quick video on this fix.

J Buchmann, Jun 16, 2018
  4. BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update

Blue Circle Always Spinning

Hi Connor,

We appreciate your earnest effort to reach out with Microsoft Community. The blue loading circle which delays the command initiated by the mouse on your Dell Inspiration laptop might be caused by several factors, viz., an outdated driver for the mouse.,
    or a malfunction on the mouse hardware. To get you sorted, kindly answer the questions below.

• Were there changes made prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have done in an attempt to resolve the issue?

For case isolation, we suggest that you install the driver for the mouse directly from the manufacturer's website.

We will be waiting for your immediate response.

Vanessa Oca, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update

1. BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update - Similar Threads - BSOD mouse circles

2. Mouse Loading Circle after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Loading Circle after upgrade to Windows 10: Hey, I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 while keeping my old data. Now every time when I have been inactive for a while and then move the cursor again and sometimes when I switch tabs/load a new site a blue loading circle appears. I checked in task manager what the...
  3. BSOD during Windows Update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD during Windows Update 1803: I am constantly getting BSOD during Windows Update 1803 for over a month now, multiple times a day. Right now it is KB4487017 that's failing. Earlier it was a different one. Either the update goes into 'installing' status or 'initializing' status and then just goes to BSOD...
  4. Flashing circles and crazy mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing circles and crazy mouse: I keep getting flashing circles on the desktop, it seems to effect the mouse cant shut down when it happens, tried deleting chrome, still happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-circles-and-crazy-mouse/476a0a96-0fac-49dc-a281-06452f00271f
  5. Windows 10Pro BSOD after recent Windows Update (1803)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10Pro BSOD after recent Windows Update (1803): Hi, I have recently updated all PC's in my office to Windows 10 1803. Few PC's going into BSOD and I can't even get into safe mode. Doing a system restore to previous point didn't work either. Repair windows doesn't do anything. So the only option I left with is at the...
  6. Spinning mouse circle at startup

Spinning mouse circle at startup: Hello, today when I was launching windows, the spinning dots stopped, and after that I had a black screen, but system finally loaded. After that, my dad launched hard drive optimization in settings panel (sorry I don't know how it's named in english). It was working for...
  7. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  8. Windows crashing with BSOD after 1803 update

Windows crashing with BSOD after 1803 update: Hello guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64. On 12 May 2018 I updated to build 1803 via in place upgrade (ISO) . It installed 17134.1 and after an update it changed to 17134.48 When I booted it around a week later it displayed the BSOD with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT I tried to...
  9. After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.

After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.: The 1803 update went through without issue. But now windows update is trying to run the update again. My system shows I am running 1803 17134.48. When I push retry, I quickly see something about unable to download before it settles to show the error code. I have tried...
  10. Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update: After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity. However, I can enter safe mode. What is the problem? 109641