Windows 10: BSOD with no obvious trigger

Discus and support BSOD with no obvious trigger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting Blue Screens of Death lately without any apparent trigger. They're always DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but my PC reboots before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Reucus, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Reucus Win User

BSOD with no obvious trigger

I've been getting Blue Screens of Death lately without any apparent trigger.

They're always DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but my PC reboots before I'm able to write down all the BSOD details.

I've tried looking through the Event Viewer log, but I have neither the knowledge nor the experience to understand the logged entries. As this is my first time on the Microsoft board, I can't seem to figure out how to attach the Event Viewer log either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Reucus, Jul 22, 2018

2. HD4850 atikmdag.sys stopped responding - BSOD

well thats the very first step in trouble shooting BSODs, its obvious your system cant handle the overclock.

eidairaman1, Jul 22, 2018
  3. ChrisHaEs Win User
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Jul 22, 2018
  4. ChrisHaEs Win User

BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD with no obvious trigger - Similar Threads - BSOD obvious trigger

2. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  3. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  4. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Occasional BSOD - No obvious cause

Occasional BSOD - No obvious cause: They are rare but seemingly at random, if that makes any sense. I can go a week or longer without one, and it doesn't appear to be dependent on system load. In fact, the last couple times I was just watching YouTube, if memory serves. Meanwhile, I can do heavy gaming for...
  6. BSOD triggered silently with No Title

BSOD triggered silently with No Title: Hello, I am currently stumped by recent BSOD events, which did not trigger any of BSODs onto the screen, but they were logged into Minidump folder in System32 folder. The common about them is that they were all logging the faults coming from DirectX Graphics MMS, NT Kernel &...
  7. Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD fault, at least one per day. No particular or obvious trigger

Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD fault, at least one per day. No particular or obvious trigger: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * *...
  8. Sporadic BSOD No Obvious Cause Or Pattern

Sporadic BSOD No Obvious Cause Or Pattern: Hi, On and off for the last year or so I've been having random BSOD or freezes on my desktop PC. It seems to happen sporadically where I'll have several crashes in a day or week and then I won't see it again for a few months. I have no idea what might be causing it and I...
  9. Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.

Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.: Hey All, I've had multiple BSODs over the past couple of weeks. Initially, I performed a fairly small overclock on my CPU and I believed this to be the cause of my BSODs. I reset the system to stock speeds on both the CPU and RAM and hadn't had any issues for a few days,...
  10. Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason

Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason: I have a computer that has been experiencing seemingly random BSODs. The first time was when the computer BSOD-ed a couple days ago while watching a video. It has also BSOD-ed when copying a folder with 3 GB worth of information to the hard disk, running a virus scan, just...