Windows 10: BSOD with restart about every 12 hours

Discus and support BSOD with restart about every 12 hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not sure what the root cause, but since about 2 weeks my computer (Intel I5-4590 with 8GB of DDR3 RAM) is having a BSOD about every 12 hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NatalieRuiz1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. BSOD with restart about every 12 hours

I am not sure what the root cause, but since about 2 weeks my computer (Intel I5-4590 with 8GB of DDR3 RAM) is having a BSOD about every 12 hours. Interesting is that the BSOD has changed a few days ago to a "PSOD" (pink screen of death BSOD with restart about every 12 hours :)

Looking into the error log I see the following error associated with the Critical Error:

System

- Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2019-10-18T21:00:59.461822300Z
    EventRecordID 7647
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    Channel System
    Computer Meins

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    BugcheckCode 194
    BugcheckParameter1 0x99
    BugcheckParameter2 0xffffd604dc13e298
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 41
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 15
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0

Any idea where to start looking for the issue?

My suspicion is that this started with the latest Windows Update.

Is there an increased memory consumption? Is the PC running out of memory (too many Chrome, Powerpoint, Photoshop and Irfanview windows open?

Thanks for a hint where to start looking?

:)

NatalieRuiz1, Oct 18, 2019

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Cabuj Win User

BSOD with restart about every 12 hours

"Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours"?!

Those who are criticizing posters about being unhappy with Windows features seem to be misrepresenting a poster's intent. It appears that posters are simply expressing a belief that Microsoft should have designed
    the feature better--not that they do not understand that they are stuck with the software they bought and agreed to.

How could Active Hours be designed better?

• What's the current design? It looks like Microsoft believes it might take up to 12 hours to accomplish an update, so requests that the user specify a period including 12 hour of non-Active Use.

• But the biggest fear appears to be that the restart might happen during truly important work, not that the update might possibly still be going on when the user returns to work. Such would be unfortunate but could be worked around, especially if it is
      only a possibility. I have endured some long updates: "Do not turn off the power ..." but it has never taken 12 hours. I am a Win10-Home user.

• A Better Design: That Active Hours only govern when the system shall not be restarted. In this case, a period as long as 23 hours would be allowable. If it takes 12 hours to update, so be it--but there is
      no way to prevent that as long as it truly takes MS 12 hours (sometimes). This seems to give Microsoft as much flexibility and the user as much protection as the current design. For example, my desired Active Hours are 10am-3am (17 hours). If I set my AH
      to 4am-3am (23 hours) I get the same protection as now; and Microsoft can restart at 3am and take 12 hours if needed.

• But if Microsoft, even today, not do its restart at any arbitrary time within the non-Active Hours, but only at the beginning of it, it would have the same effect as the proposal, and its actions would be very
      predictable. Since users are complaining about unexpected restarts, it appears that Microsoft must be choosing an arbitrary point outside of Active Hours. Is it?

Cabuj, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

BSOD with restart about every 12 hours

1. BSOD with restart about every 12 hours - Similar Threads - BSOD restart every

2. Random BSOD every 12-24 Hours, Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every 12-24 Hours, Tried Everything: I have tried many things already, from CMD commands, driver checkers, and pretty much everything you can do up to this point. All my drives and drivers are healthy / updated and even with research I can't seem to find a fix. I completely fresh installed windows and the issue...
  3. Random BSOD every 12-24 Hours, Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every 12-24 Hours, Tried Everything: I have tried many things already, from CMD commands, driver checkers, and pretty much everything you can do up to this point. All my drives and drivers are healthy / updated and even with research I can't seem to find a fix. I completely fresh installed windows and the issue...
  4. PC is stuck at BSOD for like 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck at BSOD for like 12 hours: This is the story:At night, I was gonna go to sleep than I almost slammed the laptop lid like it wasn't broken tho. But I was like, "Go to sleep mode laptop!!!" Then I opened it up and got stuck at and infinite BSOD. It won't turn on no more. This day it was still stuck at...
  5. PC is stuck at BSOD for like 12 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is stuck at BSOD for like 12 hours: This is the story:At night, I was gonna go to sleep than I almost slammed the laptop lid like it wasn't broken tho. But I was like, "Go to sleep mode laptop!!!" Then I opened it up and got stuck at and infinite BSOD. It won't turn on no more. This day it was still stuck at...
  6. PC is stuck at BSOD for like 12 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows asks me about every 12 hours to activate it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asks me about every 12 hours to activate it: I have activated this computer for two years now with a purchased license, it has always worked, for a week now once or twice a day I get the warning at the bottom left which says to activate windows, when I open the settings I find this:if I search for that error on the...
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. BSOD every hour

BSOD every hour: Would like to find out why I am blue screening . Thanks. 72866